JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge

I think this is a "Corporate" entry only race, but has anyone out there done it?

What's the organisation like etc?

Comments

• Yes, done it before, but didn't like it.

It was a nightmare to get hold of the coordinator for my company, he was hard to find and was late.

The race is very chaotic and the start is a bit dangerous, too many people. There is a team race going on as well, but the start is packed with slower runners too.

Afterwards you get water and some fruit, the T-shit of course, that's all okay. However, all the corporate tents puts me a bit off, reminds me more of a horse race.

Very funny, afterwards we handed in the times to the coordinator and most of them cheated.
  • So all in all, don't take it too seriously then?

How do they decide where you start? is it pens or a free for all?
  • It's more a fun run, don't worry about the time, see it more as training. There is a lot of congestion.

As far as I know there are no pens.
  • I did it last year. They asked people to start in order of expected time (as usual) but loads of people ignored it, so I spent the whole race trying to get past loads of slower people who'd started right at the front. It was so congested I had to walk quite a lot.

So, if you go with friends and treat it as a fun run, you could have a good evening out, but you won't get a PB.
  • It's a work thing, and everyone knows I run, so I didn't want to show myself up :-)
    But I'll just potter round and blame it on the conjestion :-)
  • I've done this 3 times now, but as the others have said you won't get a PB it really is very crowded. There are no pens but there are markers for 6/7/8/9 etc minute milers, I started with the 8s last year (I run 9s) and still found myself stick behind people wlaking after the first half mile. Grrr. Still its a good opportunity to represent your company and if they are like my lot enjoy some beers and burgers afterwards. Its a fun run - run for fun!!
  • nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Ip: Good to see at the London Social. If I've recovered enough I'll be running this one. As URR says it'll only be for fun.
  • nrg-b.- Good to see you too...
    Hope you're well enough to run.-
    I think I'll be in a pretty good hospitality tent afterwards, so I'll concentrate on that rather than the race :-)
  • nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Ip: I reckon everyone who runs the JPMChaseWotsit does it for the hospitality tents afterwards. I'm keen to finish quickly in order to take in as much hospitality as possible ;-)
  • Only go if you're going with a bunch of mates from work. Pointless otherwise.