Serpentine Running Club/ Runners World Last Friday Of The Month 5K

2»

Comments

• Lovely story, Snail - you must have made one runner very happy!
    My report is now posted here
  • Ultra Meerkat

Well done to you and everyone else who did a PB yesterday!!!
    Great pics and account of your race.

(Nice muscles Joe! :))
    It was lovely to meet you all.
    Thanx for marshalling, Snail!
    Hope to see you soon.

CR XX
  • For what it's worth, I thought the course and marshalling were both great.

Although there may be a few more undulations and the odd sharp corner, I definitely prefer the long downhill stretch with the wind near the finish, rather than going back the other way with a long uphill drag into the wind as we used to. Not that there was a great deal of wind yesterday. Of course, I'm conveniently forgetting about the short hill just before the finishing straight, but at least it's just a short one now.

And I suppose I've got to say I like it as I ran a PB too, a little surprisingly given the pace I had to run just to get to the start on time after a meeting over-ran. This work lark gets in the way of everything...

So Snail, that was you shouting "Sharp
    left" somewhere in the 2nd kilometre - thought I recognised you (I used to be Smithers in a former incarnation) You're not doing Amsterdam again this year are you?

Anyway, thanks to everyone who marshalled, organised and so on. It's fantastic to have the opportunity to pop down from work for a race in the middle of London every month.
  • fab report and pics, MK! Smithers (sorry, still going to call you that!), yep, that was indeed me - about 1.4k, by the old police station (at a sharp left turn!!!). You should have stopped and said hello... ;-)

I tried looking out for everyone but given my marshalling spot, everyone was still pretty bunched up at that point and it was quite difficult to spot people. Anyway, well done everyone!

ps - Smithers, I may be doing Amsterdam this year, not sure yet. Mr Snail has been called up by the TA, so will be in Iraq, and I'm a full-time student again, so I'm not sure about finances, teaching demands (I'll be teaching undergrads next term but don't have the timetable yet) and also whether I want to do Amsterdam without him when we both did it last year... :-(
  • Told you David, OO never gets his picture taken and when you do try it still doesn't happen :( He wasn't a happy bunny, despite what he says :) But thanks for trying