Options

hokely dokely!

hi,
this is my 1st post on this site, i think this forum is great. I've been running for a year now and have entered my first race on Dec 8th the Aberystwth 10km. Has anyone on here run this race before, if so can you tell me what the course is like?
Also out of curiosity, how many people at the average race run un-attached to a club?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    Can't comment on Aberystwth, but on the other question at a guess I'd say about 5-10% of the runners on the results list are unattached. Never actually counted them, that's just a vague impression. I'm sure you wouldn't be the only one if that's what you're concerned about.
  • Options
    cheers,
    would like to find a club in my area(near cannock, staffs)
    but they do seem a bit intimidating for a first timer.
  • Options
    Hi Flanders,

I've been running a bit more than a year and have just joined a club. I felt a bit intimidated too, but in the end I just went along to a Monday night run and they were all exremely friendly and welcoming. Runners do seem to be welcoming people, and I'll bet they're a friendly bunch in your neck of the woods too. Take the plunge - I bet you'll not regret it :)
  • Options
    175 out of 369 finishers of the Ricky Road 9 mile run a couple of weekends ago are shown as unattached on the results list.