Fit 2 Run

Comments

• Thanks Trinity - I'll have a look at those sections and see what I can cobble together
  • Oh No!

I am so confused!

Ok - maybe if we can list which books they are we may all find out what on earth's going on!

I can't remember exactly but from memory I've done / got:

Body in Sport - muscles / bones
    Body in Sport - cardiovascular?

Nutrition - 2 books but can't remember details as was last autumn...

any more for any more?
  • I thin kI have had the same as you PP - but I'm also doign the V2L course so getting confussed what I'm covering in which.
  • Snap EP - will look at home and see what all the paperwork says

Tis not the end of the world but I'm one of those folk who likes to know where they're up to at any given time!
  • FOUR SETS?! And there was me feeling relieved to have finished <<sigh>> :(

The nutrition one also had a section on the psychological factors in sport.

So what does the 4th set cover then?
  • Hi EP
    Unit 4 Health, safety and injury is due out now, i am waiting for it to arrive. And is the final part of the BETEC
  • ok...I'm DEFINITELY not going to procrastinate with the last part and end up running out of time!

yeah right ;)
  • when I get the next pack in with the deadline dates....and again a week before the deadline :p
  • Hi Guys,
    was havin a look at the website Great2Run" and I'm confused now, it looks all different but some course are the same and it's also available on DVD ....

The Great Outdoors
    Safety when running outdoors
    (PDF, 34k)
    Your Assessment
    (PDF, 50k)
    Map
    (PDF, 330k)
    Injury Prevention
    Your Assessment
    (PDF, 81k)
    Common Exercise-related Injuries
    (PDF, 60k)
    Body Systems
    The Cardiovascular System
    (PDF, 88k)
    The Structure of Joints
    (PDF, 136k)
    Energy Pathways
    (PDF, 125k)
    Your Assessment
    (PDF, 57k)
    The Human Skeleton System
    (PDF, 164k)
    The Muscular System
    (PDF, 53k)
    The Body in Sport
    Your Assessment
    (PDF, 48k)
    Water Works
    Home Made Drinks
    (PDF, 40k)
    Weight Test
    (PDF, 17k)
    The Good Food Guide
    More about Carbohydrates
    (PDF, 117k)
    How Much Should I Eat?
    (PDF, 51k)
    Food for Running
    (PDF, 84k)
    Your Assessment
    (PDF, 56k)
    The Meaning of Physical Fitness
    Aerobic Endurance
    (PDF, 99k)
    Muscular Endurance & Muscular Strength
    (PDF, 53k)
    More about Flexibility
    (PDF, 82k)
    Speed and Power for the Runner
    (PDF, 90k)
    Your Assessment
    (PDF, 49k)
    Cross Training
    Analysis of four different sports
    (PDF, 25k)
    Your Assessment
    (PDF, 53k)
    Mind Games
    Your Assessment
    (PDF, 58k)
    Exercise motivation
    (PDF, 59k)
    Preparing for the Big Event
    Preparing for your Event
    (PDF, 51k)
  • HI EP
    They may have done that as i am waiting for the injury 1 now.
  • I need some advice...

Unit 4, workbook 2 I just did the activity bit where you have to run and take pulse and breathing rate and didn't get the results I expected...

I ran on the treadmill for the time stated then stopped and imeadiately took my pulse followed by my breathing about 45 seconds later.
    I don't have a heart rate monitor so figured that was the best way to do it.

Anyway the results I got were:

Resting 58/10
    walking 4kph 62/14
    Jogging 9kph 112/16
    Running 12kph 140/18
    Sprinting 16kph 114/16
    Cooling 6.5kph 102/14

I was worried I'd miscounted on the sprinting so did it again afterwards
    Sprinting 17kph 124/16

How does this compare with anyone elses results? My resting rate was a bit high as I'd just briskly walked to the gym. I was expecting the sprint pulse and breathing to be the highest.
    Also the breathing graph goes up to 70 but mine remains under 20 throughout.
    I was wondering if my breathing results are wrong because in the time it takes to stop the treadmill and then take my pulse my breathing has just about recovered.

Any thoughts?
  • Lindi...I performed each test twice so I got an accurate reading for both pulse and breathing.
    Otherwise, like you say, the breathing rate has recovered while you're taking your pulse and vice versa
  • :-( guess I should go back to the gym again

(I'm far too lazy to be a runner!)
  • EP if you have a HRM then you will only need to do it once as you can take the reading imeadiately as you stop at the same time as you start counting your breathing.

I'll see about doing it all again tomorrow to get the breathing results better.

Doing the sprint I was actually sprinting for longer than they said cause of having to wait for the treadmill to speed up. Also wasn't really sprinting as my speed was limited by how fast the treadmill would go rather than how fast I could run.

Re stepper or bike - Stepper is closer to running action but for this test I don't think it matters cause they are testing heart and lungs rather than how well you can run.
    I'd go for whichever you feel more comfortable with.
  • Sprinting also uses a different energy system, which requires less oxygen than running at a slower pace...see p23 of Unit 4, workbook 1 (Body Systems)
  • Hi

I used a HRM on my tests, also i used a treadmill used to set up a Personal Training program and let the machine do the rest. Like EP says sprinting uses different energy systyem and also due to the time frame you recovery quickly.
  • Hi all,
    I got a phone call last friday in response to my left Msg and was told that the 3rd and final parts are being sent out via the post.

Hope you get it soon.
  • I've got my feedback for the last one that I sent in and it said that it was the final part of the course....so I have finished!
  • You're confused! I've just sorted through my work and have only found 2 sets...
    Unit 3 Workbook 1 Running for Fitness
    Unit 3 Workbook 2 Preparation for Sport
    Unit 4 Workbook 1 Body Systems
    Unit 4 Workbook 2 The Running Body in Action

I'm sure there were 3 sets, but maybe I unconsciously included a set of the Certificate in Sport ones.

Anyway...there are the 4 units in the whole programme, so maybe that's where we got 4 sets from.

My letter did say that I've completed the final set though.