Options

Fit 2 Run

Comments

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Just got email back, One book One submission date (the first date to be ignored) so my one and only submission date in not in Aug but Sept.

Hope this clarifies the issue.

Take care and enjoy, and wait for the the questions.............................

• Options
    thanks for that RFJ ... but definitely ignore the first date and go for the second?

Mine arrived the other day so will have a look this week, and what with being injured at the moment should give me plenty of time ..... in fact I sense a pattern emerging with courses and injuries ....

• Options
    Hi all
    Well while i have been waiting for fit2run to get back to me i have finished yet another course on fitness. I keep ring and e mailing them,. but unusual for me they are taking their time.
  • Options
    CorinthianCorinthian ✭✭✭
    Newcastle college tutor on F2R G2R apologises for our seemingly slow response to issuing certificates for the above courses. This is caused by a number of factors beyond the tutorial staff’s control. (I’d be buggered by the bursar if I went into detail, so don’t ask me). This is a very popular course and well regarded

We are doing our best, but with over 25,000 students and considerably less staff, constant changes in the funding regulations and other internal and external factors, we don’t seem to be as flexible and responsive as we’d like to be, but we are doing our best, believe me!.

A few of tips in contacting the college:

1. Always include your enrolment number in all correspondences including email.

2. Our busy phone periods are between 9AM and 5PM but there is learning support available until the wee early hours (4AM!) and if you request a learning support call, someone will get back to you.

3. Ask for the tutors by name in your answering machine messages and emails. The tutors who deal with F2R/G2R are Julie, Leanne, Terry, Paul, Kevin, (me) Kate, Steve. If you leave a message, we will get back to you.

4. Please be patient re the certificates. You will get them. I’d love to have a pile of them under my desk, (next to my supply of gold stars and smiley faces) I’d be able to endorse them and send them out to you. Unfortunately, it is a much more complicated procedure then that.

Anyway, I’ll be looking in on this thread from time to time and I’ll try to answer any questions re the course materials, technical questions, and procedural in an unofficial capacity.

Why not contact me at work and I’ll make it official ; )

Enjoy the course.

Enjoy your running.
  • Options
    Hi Kevin ,, are you the martial arts chappie ?
  • Options
    Just got the injury book though - luckily I've returned form Zurich unscathed :-)

• Options
    CorinthianCorinthian ✭✭✭
    No Mercury, I think you're thinking of one of our assessors...

I do dabble in Martial Arts as does Terry and one or two other members of staff... but not to any great degree.

(More of a Bruce Forsyth rather than Bruce Lee!)
  • Options
    See my last post about the last part of the course, which said "....you can bet your life it'll arrive around the time I go on holiday...and I'm not taking it with me...that's a fact!"

Well, I'm going to the US on Wednesday for 3 weeks and guess when I got the booklet.... last Thursday!! Typical!!

The submission date is 10 days after I get back so I've phoned and left a message asking for a new submission date.
  • Options
    Oo thanks for reminding me that I started and then forgot to finish the last book.

I think I've done most of the "needed to pass" bits but like you wasn't sure I could be bothered to carry on.

Also wasn't sure what the questions were asking for.
  • Options
    I've got a week off next week... if I'm too tired to move after IMUK (if I do it) I might have a look at it.... but something better might come up......
  • Options
    Well it has taken a whole week of sleeping and eating before I got round to looking at the book again.....

... and I'm still wonderig if it is worth the effort!

• Options
    I have done a bit more than just a pass and if I get a chance on nights I may do a little bit more!
  • Options
    I was given 2 submission dates for 1 booklet and missed the 1st....

I'm hoping that 1st date was for "pass" stuff only...

On the other hand that now means I need to do the other bits :((

Btw - I got a Stiffy Cat for the 1st part but only the "you've passed" letter for the 2nd bit so far....anyone had anything else??
  • Options
    I got a certificate for Prep for sport which says on it Jan 2005 - it arrived in August!
    Don't think I ever got a certificate for the first part.

I think those guys work in a different time zone to the rest of us!

Think my book will get posted with the Pass only bits only, just want it to go away now!

• Options
    Podds the first date was to be ignored if I remember correctly and part or all submitted on the second date .... might be back a few pages!
  • Options
    I sent mine in with only the first bit done in the end.

Hopefully I had done it well enough to pass.

• Options
    which reminds me I must post mine this week ... all done bar the last section but I ran out of time and inspiration!
  • Options
    Did anyone else start the Vision2Learn course?

I started ages ago and was doing ok... but then IM training got in the way... and then IM racing and generally being a bit tired... must get back to it and see if I can remember where I got to!

• Options
    well I started a course with Vision2learn but couldn't do the coaching the course I wanted so I did an other one instead (probably a silly decision!). The course was easy, was sending lots of assessments back but the tutor didn't seems to keep up with my work, she probably had to many students, then I got bored & gave up, just sticking with Fit2run now!
  • Options
    It's the coaching course that I am half way through. I find their website a bit frustrating though.. spend far too long looking for the assignments.

• Options
    is the course interesting? Yep I know what u mean, it would be good if they had book marks and also kept the lesson and assessment apart.
  • Options
    It is interesting and I was enjoying it, although was gettin gmore from the extra reading I was doing to complete the assignments than form the course materials.

Will try and pick it up again in the next week :-)
  • Options
    Well Done go for it:-) I'm just doing the "Health, safety and Sport Injuries" at the moment and that's plenty enough for me. Hope it's the last fit2run booklet of the course!