Pewsey half

georgegeorge ✭✭✭
Anyone running the Pewsey half marathon on Sunday the 25th August?

Comments

• georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    Does that mean no ?
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    I might be doing it george. It depends on if my friends are going as it's quite a way to travel on my own.
  • No, but I did do the Pewsey 10 "The Race With the Sting in the Tale." lovely countryside and fantastic cakes afterwards. That's no help to you though, is it…
  • I ran Pewsey in 1998 so it might have changed, but if it is the same then I'd highly recommend it. I loved the course. It was almost entirely rural so traffic wasn't a problem. I also like the fact that there are some decent hills in it which makes it considerably harder running, but I see that as a plus point as easy courses do not have the same level of challenge and are therefore not as interesting. My time was pretty slow, just over 1hr 53mins, but I enjoyed it anyway.
    If you do it, let us know what it's like now. I'm intending to go back to Berlin for my main autumn Marathon next year so I'll be looking for a tough half marathon at just that time of year. Hopefully Pewsey won't have changed much.
  • georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    Thanks Brunswick. I will be looking at Pewsey as training anyway, so hills will be appreciated!
    Hilly, let me know if you can make it so that we can meet.

.. O.K. Rob, what's the sting in the tail ???
  • georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    Hilly, have you decided about Pewsey yet ?
  • The Sting In the Tail was a bleeding steep hill that took us past the White Horse - don't worry it's not on the half course! (i think)