Options

Jelly tips / Jelly toes

Sorry - nothing to do with jelly, ice-cream or any other food here - but it does relate to my toes!

Has anybody used Jelly tips / Jelly toes for running? I know they are used by dancers in dance shoes and I wondered if they would help with my blisters. I'm not sure how thick they are, or if they stay in place well enough for long runs.

I've increased my distances recently and have persistent blisters on the tips of several toes - I've had shoes checked and even bought new, but the problem is still there. I've tried different socks, lacing shoes tighter etc.

Or does anybody have any other solutions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Me me me. They are excellent when you suffer blood blisters on toe areas where compeeds don't stick. I used to get mine in pairs from International Dance supplies, but they stopped doing them now I have found them sold in Boots singly for £3.99.
    Used them on Sunday in the Ironman on my two problem toes and got one on a totally different toe!
  • Options
    Mine stayed put for the marathon on this occasion without tape but normally when I am not trying to be quick in transition I put a strip of microporous tape to hold them to the top of the foot.
  • Options
    Thanks Monique - I've also seen them on danceweardirect.co.uk

Do you use the jelly tips(with closed end) or jelly toes which is in a strip that you cut to length? I'm guessing the tips would be better.

Can you use them repeatedly or are they single use only? (I can see it getting expensive!)
  • Options
    I used the jelly tip ones from Boots for a while when I used to get blisters on te ends of my toes. They do work quite well, and I didn't have any problems with them staying in place.

I've given up on them now and just live with the fetching hard skin which has developed on the ends - just get the occasional blister making an appearance, but they don't seem to bother me so much now that the skin's toughened up on there.

• Options
    Oh, and they're multi use and well (gel on the inside and a kind of stretchy fabic on the outside). I think they can even be washed, but be careful that the gel doesn't stick together - probably have to use some kind of oil/lubricant to stop this happening I guess.
  • Options
    I wash mine but after maybe two or three marathons the gel starts to come off. Tips deffinately, also they are a bit long and the strip that I cut off is handy for a corn on my little toe. I will check the link and compare prices with Boots.
  • Options
    Went to Boots this morning and bought some. 12 miles later my toes are still sore, but SO SO much better than they would have been otherwise.

Definitely a help.

Thanks for the feedback.