Fat Club Thursday 7th

Good morning all,

Not often I'm first but had to get up early to see husband off for a big session. We only got in at 2am and he had to be out by 6.30am so we've had zilch on the sleep front and I am quite hungover!

BBBs I've entered the Moonwalk so can I take you up on your offer of sponsorship? PPPPPPlllleeeze?

Can't face food this morning so should be a good morning.

Hope you had a good time last night Benz.

Good luck to everyone weighing-in today.

Comments

• OK, I've poured strong coffee down my neck and am feeling zingy (probably the coffee has reactivated the alcohol) so am going to put on my running gear and drag myself off to the gym for some sort of session. Talk later..........
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    There's nothing worse than a woman who remembers what a man said when he was drunk!

Morning everyone. Bright and cold here in Cambridge.
  • Hi all. First day of a two-day interview process for a job I really want. Prayers/positive thoughts/influence in high places please!

BTW, I wonder what guise Gone Away/Oracle will turn up in next. One thing's for sure - it's a man. Only a man could get that pathetically defensive. (Sorry Glenn - you're an exception - a sweetie).

See you later, if they haven't done me over too much. Aaargh!
  • Hello
    Got back a little while ago (up at 5 ugh), made hubbys sandwiches and packed him off to school

Right
    Wore the old black faithful dress and after having the complementary sherry in the hotel room and a bubble bath, thought i looked great(alcohol is SUCH a confidence builder)

The menu
    Each course had a major announcement

Pumpkin and kirsch soup
    Pate with tiny cubes of quince jelly
    Chicory braised in a sort of cep muhroom sauce
    Sea bass in a citrus sauce with shellfish
    Grouse with potato fondant and blackberries
    Pistachio suoffle with a choclate dip thing on the side
    Sorbet

All very bijou little portions and i didnt have any of the sweet stuff, and didnt like the grouse, so not at all full
    The chicory stuff was brilliant, going to try and make that
    Oh yes, and a load of wine too
    My mum had a real shock when we all appeared in the bar, i think she enjoyed herself
  • good luck sassie love
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Benz, sounds great! Was the pumpkin and kirsch soup good? - sounds like an unusual combination.
  • it was like a little cappucino in a cup
    Not too sweet
  • oops sound like i didnt enjoy the meal
    I DID, but hubby was all stressed about his teaching assessment today, and getting back, and consequently complained all the way down there
  • Hope your interview goes really well, Sassie, and hope you get the job you want. I shall be sending prayers and positive thoughts your way, although I don't know many archbishops.

Benz, sounds like an interesting meal - I trust the company was as good as the food, and I'm sure you looked gorgeous.
  • Hey all,

Sorry I've not been online much lately... been v. busy at work and today is not gonna be any different. Just thought I'd pop in to let you all know I haven't forgotten you.

Sassie, good luck for your interview.

My eating habits have gone out of the window I'm afraid... living in hotel so having an ok breakfast but going rapidly downhill after that... I eat lunch if I remember but sometimes not until about 4 when my body finally gives in and I realise that I can't live on adrenaline... I then get out of work too late to get dinner in the hotel so end up in some curry house drinking beer and eating a weeks worth of fat in under an hour.

I have been trying to counteract it as much as possible by getting up at 6am to get into the hotel gym for an hour but I don't think that's gonna help too much.

Boo!!!!

Whinge over... feel much better now.

G.
  • Gordon, if you HAVE to stay in that awfulk job of yours, then just do whatever you have to to get through
    And I know its no substitute for eating propely, buy you might actually need a vitamin supplement
    Strictly short term of course
    You need a bowl of fruit on your desk
    Dont let the b--s grind you down
    Ruth:)
  • Benz

Glad you had a good meal, sounds a lovely evening.

Sassie

Best of luck, let us know how you get on. A success story of course!
  • Hi all,
    GOOD LUCK SASSIE!! Sounds like a good night Benz - especially the wine! Gordon - you come online and whinge whenever you want to mate!
    Well I've had a bloody dreadful night - couldn't get to sleep and was tossing and turning all night, with the weight of the world on my shoulders! Got a performance tonight and I feel really shaky on my lines.. oh dear.. Gonna try and get outside for a run though, clear my head. Not been very good eating wise at all I'm afraid..
  • What do you do michelle?
  • Redhead and EP you are on!(want to see the piccies though)
    Morning all.
    Hey Glen believe it or not I was sober last night. If I'd been drunk, then I would have agreed to enter. Still trying to hit the 14 units mark.
    Hey Benz good job they didn't serve up crisps last night!
  • Well.. I'm an actress and run a small theatre company. We also do a lot of work with the police and social services - working with 'challenging' kids and community groups - sort of 'theatre in education' type thing.. that's what tonight is.. it's a play about teenage drug abuse - I'm playing the mother and for some reason, I'm having trouble with my lines.. I should be learning them now.. but, as you can see - I'm not!!
  • sounds interesting:)
    Right, off to the thesis now
    Dont like crisps anymore BBB(sob)
  • Hi again, managed a reasonable workout at the gym plus 5k run at 11kph so not too bad. Just had brekky (porridge and fruit) so feeling quite perky now.

Good luck Sassie. Prayers winging their way upwards!

Glad you had a good time Benz, not convinced about pumpkin and kirsch soup though.

V-rap, please may I ask for your words of wisdom? During my last few runs I've had a bit of pain at the base of my right buttock sort of at the top of the hamstring (is this the piriformis?). It's not giving me much pain but I'd like to sort it out before it develops into something tiresome. Any ideas?

Good luck tonight Michelle.
  • Michelle

Best of luck, I am sure when it comes to the performance this evening you will be fine. Put it down to pre-performance nerves.

Send us copies of the reviews tomorrow!
  • Morning all

Bright and crisp up here in the Northeast

Sassie - good luck for your interview
    Michelle – Are you actress?

Busy day for me today but I’m hoping to get the Gym at lunch time and for a quick 6miler tonight at the club

Will
  • Thanks BBBs. You'll be the first to see the negatives!!!!!!!!
  • Unlike yesterday I am looking forward to a chilled out, cool, laid back kinda thread today.
  • Thanks Susie. Fiona - they're won't be any reviews!! Just a load of teenagers and their parents mumbling, 'whass the point of all this, I wanna go 'ome - I ain't doing no acting, so don't bovver asking'.. and such like.. what a joy!
  • Michelle I promise not to link what you do in any way to 'legs a kimbo', honest. (hope you know what I'm talkin about, otherwise that sounds quite offensive - it's not)
  • BBB - Oh I must be naive cos I don't know what you're talking about.. sorry..!! Please enlighten me BBB!!
  • Perhaps Michelle will end up as a lion, BBB? Wish it was still on this week!
  • Michelle, Legs a kimbo was a touring theatre company in 'The League of Gentlemen'. Very dark and very funny (if you have a twisted sense of humour, which I have!)