Options

plantar facilitis what now

1116117118119120122»

Comments

• Options

WW  I glad to read the the Fit Flops are comfortable so they are definitely worth a try.After I posted I Goggled them and the funny thing is I could not find anything about them being useful to assist in healing a PF injury but rather that they are good for shaping your legs and rear end.

Another funny thing is that by asking me whether I have tried taping its reminded me of my initial treatment at the Crystal Palace Physio when he did that and it alleviated the problem and I was able to run at least a short way. So I think its something I shall try again now you mention it.This evening I have managed to find the strapping that I used to support my calf muscle so it looks as though I am getting my determination back to get out and run again.

One of the other reasons I seem to want to get back to running is that on the CTC Web Site someone has posed the question as to whether you can get the same high from cycling as you can from running.If I was to respond to that I would have to say no its not possible at all.Running is just such a buzz.

If you were to trawl back through the threads much of the advice that is offered is very good and many people feel that it is better to rest before you try and resume running but after over a year I just cannot see that ever working now.

I probably speak for many with this injury when I say that if you could buy shoes that would allow you to run with this injury even if they cost hundreds of pounds they would sell like hot cakes.

Oh and by the way the cortizone injection I had seems to have had no affect either.

Take it easy and keep running. Ted

• Options

hi fellow PF sufferers.

re: Fit Flops - I've been wearing them all summer and they definitely help ease the worst of PF pain but that's only one aspect - they are bloody comfy is the main one!!  I  am now wearing their shoe versions now that autumn has arrived.  they aren't cheap (but the sales deals are pretty good if they have the style and size you want).  as to a cure - no - they are just part of the equation.

I have tape, tried it once, it came off (in the swim of a triathlon) - and not had the chance to go back to it yet.

I have tried more forefoot running with inconclusive results as it's taking a while to adapt.  I am now running in some Hoka One One Stinsons which have a very deep cushioned heel but their design pushes you into more of a forefoot gait and they seem to have impressed a lot of PF sufferers, so I thought I'd give them a go.  it's taking a little while to adapt to them but I "think" I can say, they are reducing post-run PF discomfort.   the downside is they're not cheap and stock is very limited from the few UK dealers they have. you can buy direct but their shipping costs are astronomical!  they also seem to be favoured by ultra and off-road runners which is no bad thing as off-roading is generally thought to be better if you have PF due to the softer surfaces

maybe worth looking at the Hokas Tom??  http://www.hokaoneone.com/en/hokaeurope.html for info

• Options

fat buddha interesting opinion on Fit Flops and I will definitely have to get some but now you have got me thinking about the running shoes you feel have helped the situation.

As for an update from me, today was a brilliant day because I went out for a run after having not done so for as I have said previously its been months since I have done that.

Someone on the CTC Forum as posed the question as to whether you can get an high after a good cycle ride and I have not responded but if I was to now I would say no. You just cannot get that same feeling at all in my opinion.Running for me is so excelerating.

As for my run well it was only for 10 minutes at a very slow pace but boy did I enjoy it.To enable me to do that though I had to use an LP support wrap to strengthen my calf muscle and I also had to wrap my foot my foot ie PF to support that.

And would you believe that rather than zinc oxide tape, which I have now ordered, I used gaffer tape instead.Still it seemed to do the job.

At the moment even if I can only manage to run 10 minutes a day by doing this then I will settle for that rather than no running any day of the week.

Does anyone know whether there is any other easier way of supporting the PF other than by taping it.I have a support sock for my ankle and I was wondering whether by using that it would also support the PF.

I really must stop listening to Keep on running by Steve Windwood.