BB's kitchen

Comments

• Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

there's a draft around here.

I am home from a hard days work sat in the garden painting stones and reading childrens poetry. It's a tough life.

• Well done on the Paralympic tickets CP, that'll be a great day out for all of you image

• Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

I should be in bed, a hard day being screamed at tomorrow. At least I'm by myself for part of the day so can go hide in the garden.

I didn't say that honest. image

I've not been avoiding here particularly, just not getting myself into RW at all.

• Morning all,

Waves at a fading USB.image

I have an options interview to attend with H at her school at 9am, I will therefore be working later. Ho hum.
  • BB ✭✭✭
    Morning image

I hope the interview goes well CP

I haven't been on RW nearly as much recently ... anyway the sun is out, need to make the most of it!
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I haven't been on here much this week as I keep going visiting and don't have access to a computer.

But life is good at the moment.  I got sunburnt yesterday

• I have been forced to tell school that A is ill even though she isn't.  She missed her school bus which is after I've left for work.  I usually leave a couple of quid secreted somewhere for this but had pinched it for lunch money last week.  Her brother only had enough cash to get him to MK to sign on.

As I was about to say she had to do loads of revision for next week's exams she volunteered to do that herself and do all her homework too!

• Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

i got slapped wrists at work today. image Once for leaving the keys in the meds room when I am sposed to carry them at all times - never do. Once because one of the SU's was naked and wet in the kitchen - and cold. I'd put her in the bath, she has a sensory whirlpool bath that she loves and it keeps her happy but when senior rang door bell she jumped out of bath to see who was at the door and I was upstairs hoovering. image

Still who cares, I did try to explain that it was a sensory session and she does enjoy it - I had her music on for her and everything.  Better than just letting her spend the day in bed which is what she did after senior had dressed her.

• *kisses mouse's wrist better* we love you and we know that you actually care about enriching your SU's lives ... The senior is a complete pillock if s/he is incapable of remembering that!

love you xxxx

• Communal hugs for all, but mine at a distance.

snuffle.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

My plans for today have been cancelled.  Don't know what to do now.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

On my own CP?  Well, I have over indulged in ice cream and I might have a cider later but I'd hardly call that a party.

Been productively working through the cupboards, deciding what to leave for Hubby and what I am going to take with me.

• SCAZ
    If you are on good terms and fancy a laugh, leave him a note to say that it's his turn to do the menu planning and shopping.
    If it's a serious marital breakdown (can't tell from that one liner) I'd recommend playing it safe. Boring maybe, but who needs more aggro?

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Lol, it does sound like I have been eating my way through the house!  No, what I meant was that I am going through the whole house sorting through the cupboards of junk.  I've finished the spare room and am currently half way through the office.  I've found photos, presents people have given us, some of my craft stuff, important docs such as certificates and some reference material for my profession.  Some of that is boring stuff, but some of it is highly emotional and attached to lots of memories.

We are on speaking terms and trying to keep things civil, but it is hard for him when I hurt him so much, although he does accept that he is responsible for the situation too.  Neither of us are the sort to be nasty and we both want to resolve this as quickly and simply as we can.  Occassionally we can still have a joke, and when something on here has me in stitches he wants to know all about it.

• I was about to ask the mouse with the long name what SU stood for and then my brain started working again image

MiL is going home on Monday, we found out last night that was the plan and had it confirmed today.  Thankfully there will be carers 3 times a day to start with as we are snowed under at work next week.

• Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

It's bed time. So it's goodnight from me and it's goodnight from him.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Morning!  I'm off to swim in a lido today.  I suspect it will be too hot for me and very crowded, but I will be with good company so it will be fun.

• Morning!  I am lazing around for a while but might go out in a bit image

• Did a 70 mile bike ride across the Severn Bridge. Great Day for it. The group were quite strong, and I got spat out of the back of the pack after 50 miles, but I was anticipating that. FFS I was twice the age of some, but probably not the youngest. A good ride though, my Severn Bridge cherry has been popped, and I need a rehydrating beer or three.

I've now cleaned the excess oil off the bike (so that the brakes work), and mended a puncture picked up outside the house.

BBQ rib eye steak tonight.

• Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

Waiting for the day to cool down before I go for a bimble in the woods. Usual cycle commute to work this am. I really need to get some running in.

• Morning.
    Marshalling at the local sprint tri, and about to set off. It's a deffo for suncream.
    Somebody's mullered my legs.
    (Probably not the oldest, my previous post should say).

Off to dehydrate. have a good day.

• Have fun Blisters, I am off to run London 10k
  • Enjoy yourselves Blisters and CP image

I'm about to get rid of A for the day and then off for a run

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I've met up with CP at his run.  Had a great time eating cake and drinking wine in the park afterwards and then almost had to carry bear home after a trip to the pub while waiting for the train to arrive.

• Hello

Lots of people at the London 10k, and most people seem to have enjoyed themselves in the sunshine. (Ref SCaz post).

I notice that my posts this weekend have been slightly suffering from mis-spellings.
    "Off to dehydrate." Sounds like I'm heading for strong liquor and caffeine. Perhaps I did mean it, but by standing in the sunshine on a corner in the countryside. It was quite pleasant. Useful sunbathing.

This evening's swim was another notch of progress. I'm still useless, but as such, progress is easy to detect. The last 2 lengths I swam a breast stroke for a cool down. They were faster than the crawl from the lady in front. She noticed.

• Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

My breast stroke is faster than someone I swim with Fly. My breast stroke is almost stationary.

I did a lot of hill work today and set a new pb for getting up the stairs. (to the bathroom in case you were wondering). I have now rehydrated with a beer.