BB's kitchen

Comments

• You're spot on with that description Martenkay.

I had the pleasure of meeting Cathy and know that her passing will leave a huge hole in the lives of many people.

Jonathan, you're very brave coming on and posting but I'm so glad that you did, I think we all are. Hopefully the lovely comments will continue to be of comfort in the days and weeks  to come.

Rest in peace Cathy. 

• Cathy leaves many sad, her warmth touched everyone. She wore her heart on her sleeve, but never had a sharp word. Her departure was so sudden, that she never had the chance to say goodbye. Perhaps that's is how it was meant to be, there were just so many people to say goodbye to. You will be missed. A lot.

Thankyou to Jonathan and Alice, and our love goes out to her closest family.

• Me and Petal have been in Europe on business and had no forum access until today, but I heard the news last week while we were away - to say we were shocked is an understatement.  Yes, you expect people to die, but not while they're still relatively young and full of life.  I also lost a cousin at the weekend due to a heart attack but his was a ticking time bomb waiting to happen - Cathy's death was just such a shock.

We first met you and Cathy back in 2004 at one of the very 1st RW Xmas get togethers (in Reading if I recall) but we'd been communing with Cathy on Porkworld.  Seeing some of the old names posting on here has brought back a lot of memories.  

Take care Jonathan and family - Cathy will leave a big hole in you and your family's heart as she was such a lovely lady. 

Rest in peace, Cathy

FB and P

xxx

• One of Beebs' daughter's  posted these details on FB today. If anyone is not on FB wants the email address to reply, please PM me here.  I don't want a troll to pick up their address. Regretfully idiots like that are out there.

Cathy's funeral will take place on Tuesday 3rd December at 10.45 am at Haycombe Cemetery and Crematorium, near Bath, BA2 2RQ. Wear what you would wear at the weekend and no flowers please. If you want to make a donation, please send this to your own favourite charity.
    To help with planning, please send a simple e-mail to (please PM for information) with the names of who will be coming. We can also use this to send people a message once we have thought about any event after the funeral.

• Oh boy . . so long since I posted in here and so sad the reason why . .

Like fb and Petal, it's 10 years since we first met (December 2003, I found the photos to make sure) at that Forum Xmas do in Reading . .

Thank you for your post, BD, it does help to know that Cathy died peacefully, beside you . .

On Saturday I walked past one of the spots Cathy and I watched the Abingdon Marathon from in 2005, with Meldy and Mark . . couldn't stop myself smiling . .

• Gosh, Rich, that was when I ran with Jonathan, a year after our big group sub 4 attempt. A long time agao, but a happy time.

RIP Cathy.

to Jonathan and the family mine and my husbands thoughts x

• Gosh - yes, i remember it was the Dec xmas do in Reading 2003 - RichK am I right? i I remember meeting so many new faces, including Cathy and you, BD. It was a lovely afternoon.

She clearly made such a positive impact on everyone she met. It's nice to see so many old faces coming out of the woodwork, albeit in such sad circumstances.

• Looking back, one of my favourite races, that sub 4 pace group at Abingdon, AJH . .

You're right, Debster, shortly after your first marathon wasn't it? Also at Abingdon . .

Lovely memories . .

• Ahh yes ... its all coming back to me now   image

• M...eldy wrote (see)

Ahh yes ... its all coming back to me now   image

it's your age dear...image

talking of which - thanks for the date correction RichK - I thought it was 2004 in Reading but you're right, it was 2003.   met lots of new faces that day - many I am still in contact with 

• indeed FB  that Xmas Frolic was a great time image

• Lots of fond memories coming back to me too. My thoughts are with Cathy's family and friends on what will be a tough Tuesday, and beyond.

• image I'm so very sorry to hear this news. It's been so long since I was here that I couldn't remember my password, but there's no way I could read but not post. Cathy was just such a warm, loving woman. My sincerest condolences to her family and many friends.

Nic

• Couldn't make it today, but I have just poured a large gin, and will be having pavlova for pudding later
  • Very sad to hear this. A wonderful contributor to the old porkers thread.
  • Sorry, just heard the sad news. Not really sure what else to say beyond a fond farewell to a nice lady.

• Read at the funeral today:

I'd like the memory of me
    to be a happy one.
    I'd like to leave an afterglow
    of smiles when life is done.
    I'd like to leave an echo
    whispering softly down the ways,
    Of happy times and laughing times
    and bright and sunny days.
    I'd like the tears of those who grieve,
    to dry before the sun
    of happy memories
    that I leave when life is done.

She did leave an afterglow 

• I am glad the service was a fitting one
    Sorry that I couldnt be there today

• I couldn't be there either.

Thanks for posting that Madge, very Beebs.

• Thanks for posting the poem Lynda - bit of a blur yesterday but the words are just right x

• Just like some of you guys, it's been a very long time since I was over here too.

I heard the sad news while I was out of the country last week, to be honest I'm still trying to come to terms with our loss, it just makes no sense image

My thoughts are with Cathys family, as they were yesterday.

BB was such a lovely person, she left so peacefully and will always be remembered with affection. It's the best anyone could hope for

• Sorry to have been the bearer of the sad news Trin.

Cathy's very special eldest daughter made this lovely website http://charpaulsson.wix.com/cathywilliams  for those who couldn't make the service or who wanted to read it again

• WombleWomble ✭✭✭

A beautiful tribute.

• What a lovely thing to do. A beautiful tribute to a very lovely woman.

Her daughter has inherited her mother's caring loveliness. Thankyou

• WombleWomble ✭✭✭

Still remembering with fondness xxx

• Facebook feed a sea of purple and everyone drinking gin image
  • Surreal getting an email notification for this thread image

• Www.drillbattery.co.uk specialize in drill batteries from all the names you trust such as MAKITA, DEWALT, Bosch, HITACHI, Dyson battery ect. These are top-quality tool batteries at the lowest possible price available. All cordless drill batteries listed are inventory items which are normally shipped the next business day.
    Welcome to Power Tool Battery Store, the best place to find your cordless drill batteries. If your searching for power tool batteries, you have found the place. No matter what kind of cordless tool replacement battery you need, we stock it. Www.drillbattery.co.uk specialize in drill batteries from all the names you trust such as MAKITA, DEWALT, Bosch, HITACHI, Dyson battery ect. These are top-quality tool batteries at the lowest possible price available. All cordless drill batteries listed are inventory items which are normally shipped the next business day. We have the largest selection and the best prices - Buy Now and Save!