Justed started

Hi all
I ve just completed my third run this week im jogging for five minutes and walking for five minutes i am covering a distance of about 5 K and im enjoying it and feel better already.
When do you think i should look to enter in a 10 K race.

Comments

• I'm no expert, but I entered when I could run non-stop for 30 mins. On the day, though, I walked plenty! Still finished in 67 minutes. The atmosphere was great and spurred me on. The next one I did a month later, I didn't walk at all. Not much faster, mind you, but it's all about seeing yourself improve, I think. good luck. Let us know what you are doing and when!
  • I started by agreeing to do a 10km having not made it to the end of the road...

by the time i ran it, i ran the whole thing as it made me train harder - shame sometimes i go off too fast and still see myself reduced to a limping walk at five miles.

Enter one a couple of months away if you want to run the distance, but eneter one asap and then another 2 months away and you'll see how good you training has been!
  • Steve
    You're doing everything right so far, just build up time idstance about 10% each week & you'll float round a 10k.
    BUt don't wait until you can do it before booking a place - gives you something to aim for.
    Good luck