Always look on the bright side of plod

Morning.

Haven't bagged this one for a while.

Off to work now.

later

xxx

Comments

• Morning Het

I've been off sick from work for couple of days. Technically its a cold, but I'm sure I'm run down due to ruddy wedding. :-(

Parents conference on weekend went badly and they've asked us there for dinner this Thursday too, which is doubtlessly to have another attack on us and our "silly" plans.

Grrrrr.

Make that double Grrrrrr since I have a cold and therefore can't plod this week.

So upset about poor Paula - cause I wasn't feeling well and therefore not sleeping, I got up at 1am Monday mroning to watch the start of the race, went back to bed at the 5km mark with her in the lead, got back up 2 hours later (never actually slept!) and sat in the living room floor, wrapped in a blanket, in front of the tv, only to see her stop, sit on the side of the road and cry. Poor poor girl. I just wanted to put my arms through the screen and hug her!!!!
  • But many, mnay thanks to everyone who offered me support last Friday, "pre-wedding-conference" - I do appreciate the thoughts!!
  • Morning Het. Will reply to your e-mail soon, promise.

LJ - sorry the wedding conference didn't go well. Stick to your guns though. It is your day after all.

Still no plodding (no swimming yesterday either) but calf is much better. Going to my first yoga class tonight. Gulp. Am I going to be surrounded by very bendy people whilst feeling like a stiff old board myself?
  • LJ,
    Always remember its your wedding day and it should be how you want it. You are the ones who will look back in years to come and your memories should be of the day of your dreams being just that, not one that suits other people.
    Good luck for the wedding and with getting it just how you want it.
  • Morning FS

Sorry, no help on the yoga, but hope you enjoy it. Nursing a cold myself, so no plodding and am very envious of anyone who can get any exercise today!! (I could do with the stress relief!!)

Hope the calf continues to improve. :-)
  • Morning NS

Thanks for that. Oddly everyone is saying the same thing to me, must be great advice!! :-)
  • morning

((((LJ))))

sorry that the conference went as badly as you feared. You and Mr LJ stick by your guns an have YOUR day as you want it.

ok, I'm a bachelor and don't know what I'm talking about, but I've sung at some truly beautiful weddings and some total mish-mashes

if you haven't seen it, there's a Paula support thread on General if you want to send her a message
  • I prescribe lots of hot tea and raisin toast for the cold, LJ. Raisin toast was one of my fave things about Oz!
  • Floose, that was a cross post - I wasn't copying you

obviously brilliant brains think alike!
  • Yep, just been to the Paula Sopport thread, hope she gets it, she is why I plod and I told her that (and thanked her too!!)

Thanks for the hug Yeo!!

Don't suppose anyone would mind telling my parents is OUR day and that they should be suporting us in what WE want, instead of harping on about "their guests" because they are paying for the reception??? Mmmmm, thought so, I have to do that myself!!!
  • Thanks for prescription FS !!

I have been drinking hot lemon and honey non-stop - have bottle of lemon squash and jar of honey on my desk next to my 'puter!! And yum, raisin toast, how could I forget that!! yum!!
  • ok, thanks to all for the sympathy and support!

I'm off home, to find my couch and drink more lemon and honey and takes FS's advice and dig raisin toast out of my freezer too! :-)
  • Rasin toast is scrummy. Wish we could get decent stuff over here but I've never managed to find any that comes close to the stuff I had in Oz. Suppose I could have a go at my own raisin bread......now, there's an idea.

It must be difficult when someone else is paying for part of the wedding but they should understand that it is your day and that you should get what you want out of it (that includes the reception being for YOUR guests).

But hey, what do I know. I'm living in sin and would probably have to pay for my own wedding anyway!
  • Morning Yeo. Great minds think alike!
  • ((LJ))

I know what the combination of wedding & parents is like. <shovels sympathy in direction of stressed marrieds-to-be>

Remember that no matter how much you bend to other people's wishes they still won't be happy. So please yourselves instead.
  • Send me your parents' email address, L J - i'll do it.

"Dear L J's parents, It may have escap[ed your notice that it is your dauyghter's wedding day and her ieas are probably a lot better than yours and just cos you got told how to run your life doesn't mean that your daughter doesn't have a load more gumption than you do. so let her have what she wants so long as it's in budget or we will plod all over you."

Regards

Puff and the plods

How's that?

Actually, we did have to back down - Mr. Puff wore a tie which I was adamant he wouldn't and i nearly threw a wobbly over the suit thing because they insisted his brother should wear the same colour as he did, and I said no, the groom is distinctive in a different outfit.

but hey - minor details.

Hurt my back - i have no idea what I've done. Feels like a pulled muscle, so could be lifting (but I don't remember doing any heavy lifting yesterday) or lying or sitting funny, but again, I'm normally so careful.

So long as my kidney isn't going off on one again, I don't care
  • Morning all.

Can't offer helpful advice on weddings, apart from to say that Mr Parddu and I had planned on it being me, him and the minister, but the Grim Reaper intervened before we got round to it.

Want to go to gym this morning but need to ring dentist first as one of my teeth with an enormous filling has suddenly become very painful.
  • the grim reaper?

i feel a story here, parddu..
  • oww! all round

(((Puff's back)))

(((Parddu's tooth)))
  • Morning all,

I got absolutely soaked on the way home last night - my trousers were dripping wet! Needless to say I didn't plod but got straight into my PJs and spent the rest of the evening on the sofa.

Friend has lent me her WW books - sat down with a calculator last night and even with 3 choc chip cookies and a mini muffin came in at 22 points. Not bad - but would have been even better if I'd plodded (and actually moved from my desk at lunchtime!).

Floose - reckon you'll love the yoga, from my experience there are some bendy types but also lots of normal people who end up in fits of giggles when they can't do it - put my hand where?

No yoga tonight though sadly but going to play at David Lloyd - using last of free vouchers - gym, swim, steam...lovely!
  • Hugs all round for weddings, backs, teeth and any other ailments I've fogotten
  • morning

all

horrid weather

did 4 mile plod on treadmill last night while waiting for it to stop hissing down long enough to cycle home

4 miles in 36 minutes :-)

hurrah
  • well done, GL. that's really impressive for anyone, let alone someone who fractured their back at the start of the year

Forgot to give out hugs for other ailing plodders. I was so wrapped up in my ibuprofen hit. sorry

(((Parddu))) et al.

s'pose I'd beter do some work and live up to some of this rubbish i wrote on my CV and application form :o)
  • oh and <<<<plodders>>>> to all suffering illness, injury, stress, etc etc

xx
  • Pretty impressive GL. Not getting v far with training for the undecided 10k myself.

Decided it was too wet even to go to the (nasty) gym. Not getting soaked twice in one day!
  • don't blame you, Pink.

do you know what? i meant to bounce in here, park myself on teh sofa and turn the forum telly on to finish watching the triathlon, but I forgot. Doh!

Just as well that i had to move my car first this mornign to let mr. Puff out becasue I think if the cars had been the otehr way round I'd still be in front of the olympics now. It looked so nice in the sea this morning
  • Managed to get appointment with dentist at 12.15 so doubt if I'll be plodding today now.

Never mind - planning on doing the 10K route at running club tomorrow WITHOUT repeating my getting lost experience of last week.
  • Tee hee Parddu. getting lost is my forte - i once put an extra 80 miles onto a treasure hunt route of 47. oops.

i do hope the dentist isn't too bad - i have a phobia of dentists in case they ever do have to give me a filling or anything (touch wood so far so good), so fingers crossed for you
  • Morning. Have surfaced this morning without any nasty cold or other things after running through rivers last night (you never know quite what might have washed up out of the drains, do you?). Feel very smug & virtuous at getting out despite the weather. Haven't had time to read back on the thread, but ick to dentist, Parddu. I hate 'em too, Puff, but luckily have found a sympathetic one who puts up with me blubbing and panicking.

Planning to swim at lunchtime, and really must do a bit of a spin on the exercise bike after work followed by some stretches, I've got out of the habit of biking and I do think it works the muscles that plodding doesn't, and balances things out a bit.
  • Scarey mary - put a reply in here, pressed submit and it told me the topic had been deleted!

i thought plodville had ben condemned then.

all i said was that 40 miles on my bike on saturday had put me off riding with or without my padded shorts