Need some advice please.....

The girls in my running group often ask me advice re niggles and the usual running injuries but I have 2 girls that I don't really know the answer to their problems.

1. Double vision after running, lasted about half an hour. She's had this before after a hockey match and once after running a fairly hard session. She has been told this is migraine, is this correct? Could it be a drop in sugar too?

2. Tingling feeling down the leg to the foot with a numbness particularly noticable in the foot. Usually happens when running at a steady faster pace or in a race. Tends to come and go. No pain anywhere and no previous injury history.

Comments

• I used to suffer from double vision and flashing lights after hard exercise and it did lead to migraine headaches. I traced the problem to not eating and drinking enough before exercise which is probably related to blood suger levels as you suspect. I now make sure I fuel up with slow release food and drink 1.5 hrs before hard exercise to avoid this problem. Eating a sandwich straight after training used to reduce the symptoms.
    Hope this helps.
  • shades, with regard to the numbness and tingling, I tend to get this sometimes and it is related to cirulation and a long term back problem. I tend to wiggle my toes and change my foot strike for a few strides and this helps. Changing the side of the road you are running on may help as well.
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, that's really helpful.