Options

Staying Healthy

Comments

• Options
    Hi Cath. Big hugs (((())))
  • Options
    OK, OK, you lazy mare, so you didn't go for that run after all? Naughty girl - I hope you're going to make up for it today!! Go and pound the park. We were thinking of coming up to do that Santa Dash thing in Liverpool and see Mike's folks but we couldn't get anyone to look after the horses on that weekend. If we come up early next year then I'll drag you out for a run.

Love the piccy and what a great smile you've got.

Sorry you felt sickly this morning and I hope it's passed now. Could it be nerves? 21/2 days to go and then you'll know what you're up against. As you say, it's not too long at all.

I'm off out to do a cross country plod soon and I won't be able to cross much for you because I'll fall over in the mud. Maybe I'll just cross my eyes for you...............Anyway, I'll do some positive pounding on your behalf, as you can't be ar$ed ;-)))

Take care Cath.

Love and hugs
    Susie
    x
  • Options
    Susie -- Okay, okay stop nagging will ya :o)

Seriously, I'm off out for a run this afternoon. Really I am. Honest.

Sickliness was probably the nerves I think plus dashed out of bed a bit quick I think.

Santa Dash... eeeh gads! It's THIS WEEKEND!! Which kinda has a bit of irony attached to it... was doing a race last time too. The girl at work who is organising it is driving me nuts.. she's only organised the Uni media team to come and take photo's of us all (all 20 of us!)

And also... re:pic. Glad you liked it!!! Still look like the Joker though eh

later gators
    ;o)
  • Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    ((((((((((Cath))))))))))

Just you make sure you're ready to do Warrington R4L again next year and I'll be there.
  • Options
    Hi Womble! Oh boy.. R4L. Blimey that was an experience eh.

Anyway... Suse... am going to bed for an hour (just got home) and am shattered so will run later (I know it's looking less and less likely but I'll see how I feel when I get up)

;o)

later gators
  • Options
    Morning.

I went to bed yesterday at 4pm and didn't get up until 10:30pm last night and even then that was only to give Oscar his food and to let him out for a run. Then I went back to bed at 11 and slept until 6:30am this morning.

And I'm still tired!!! (sigh) Only 33 hours to go.
  • Options
    I totally appreciate what you've said about being very tired Cath, but I also wonder if there's a degree of 'hiding (I know I would)' involved as well?

• Options
    Anyway, lots of prayers being said for you this end xxx
  • Options
    Sassie - could be. But I don't think so really because I'm still pretty much trying to carry on as normal. Just yesterday I was so knackered. I had loads to do but decided that I wouldn't be able to work effectively anyway so I went to bed. Plus, I was going to go out for a run and I just felt physically drained so I decided against it. Last time I tried that a couple of weeks ago I ended up nearly walking my whole route and that was pretty demoralising.
  • Options
    Okay Cath. You know best what's going on for you.

Lots of love,
    Sassie xx
  • Options
    Aww Sassie .. thanks! I appreciate the prayers and thoughts. Really

:o)
  • Options
    Fingers and other bits crossed for you here, Cath.
  • Options
    Morning Cath,

You were a sleepyhead yesterday. Well you must have needed it. Feeling any less tired today?

33 hours will soon pass. How about focusing on the Santa Dash? Or maybe they should rename it the Santa Saunter for those people who CBA to do their training runs ;-))))) Now, about that run that you've been putting off for 2 days, or is it 3..........................?

Take care and get out there in the fresh air - it's such a lovely day down here. Even if you don't fancy a run you could take Oscar out for a walk.

Love and hugs
    Susie
    x
  • Options
    Hi Cath
    just picked up on this thread again, just wanted to say that everything is crossed for you. Hope you manage to get out for a run today :)

ND xx
  • Options
    Hi Cath,

I've just seen this thread. My Mum eventually got through breast cancer with no outstanding problems and is now, about 15 years later and in her mid 70s, still playing 18 holes of golf a day. (She doesn't run though!)

I've been thinking about the conspiracy of silence at work you talked about. I agree with Redhead that people don't know what to say. That's not to say that they don't have something to say - they probably want to say lots of things - but deciding which is appropriate is difficult for them.

And the other thing is that once they have missed an opportunity to say something, it makes it all the harder to say it later. (Like in the episode of Friends in which Chandler has been called the wrong name by a work collegue for five years, because the first time the guy said it he was passing quickly in a corridor, and now it was too embarassing for Chandler to correct him.)

Good luck Cath, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.
  • Options
    Morning

Good grief for the first time in 3 years I actually feel like I DISLIKE these students I'm teaching. You know... I put so much effort into teaching them how to be good nurses and all they're asked to do is research and present information to their colleagues and THREE of them this morning and sit there in class, bold as brass telling me they haven't done the work. No excuses, no 'we're really sorry, but my granny's cat died or anything'... just tough, not done it. I wouldn't mind but I felt so sorry for the students who HAD done the work. I wouldn't mind but they had resource time last week where they had FIUR BLOODY HOURS to reserach it all. I can't wait to get these assignments in. Really, I can't.

Anyway.. enough ranting..

Barkles -- thankyou. TV taste hasn't improved much ;o)

Norfolk Dumpling -- I'm okay. A bit 50/50 today. Not completely worried but also a shade of fear is there if I'm honest.

Susie - aaww, it's not that I can't be ar$ed.. really. I was just so knackered. I will try to do it today and yeah, you're right, it was 3 days not 2! I'm definitely slacking but the mega-sleep didn't really do me much good to be honest as I'm still knackered now. Feel like I could just go right back to bed. I have a tutorial at 2pm and after that I'm buggering off home again (probably back to bed).

:o)
  • Options
    oops missed Nigel out - sorry and thanks Nigel. I get alot of encouragement from hearing other people's stories and how they're doing now. As for the colleagues at work, well... I know. It doesn't help that I was (am still as well I think) the youngest member of the academic staff and a bit of a shining light as well (even though I do say so myself). I'm a leading figure in my department in using ICT in nurse education and of course all the other nursey academics are frightened to death of ICT (so not a hard expert to be!) so I think when I became sick it was kind of a huge shock and like you said, once time had started to pass... it just got harder. (sigh)
  • Options
    Was wondering what crap you were watching these days Cath!
  • Options
    Watched that Jean Claude Van Damme thing on Ch5 last night... that was pretty bad

;o)
  • Options
    , better than Richard N Judy, tho'....
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Cath, I hoped sincerely that this thread would never need to be resurrected. Will be thinking of you tomorrow, and hoping that you're OK.

So sad to hear about you and the Mr. It's often the case that it's only after two people have gone through hell together that it all falls apart. It's a shame he couldn't understand that recovery is only partly physical. Emotionally scars take a lot longer to heal.

Have you read Lance Armstrong's book, "It's Not About the Bike"? As you probably know, he has travelled a similar road to you, and like you, lives with the spectre of cancer every day. If you haven't read it, and you can bear to, I'd recommend it. His attitude, like yours, is inspirational.

And Cath - if it IS bad news, don't give up. You've come so far already. And we will all be right behind you for as long as you need us - you know that.

((((Cath))))
  • Options
    Ahh, Minks thanks :o)

Yeah, I read Lance Armstrong's book along with John Diamond's book and to be honest, before too long, I think I might write a book myself!
  • Options
  • Options
    Still here Cath xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    You pretty much have, right here on this thread!
  • Options
    Best of luck for the results Cath, everything crossed over here.
  • Options
    Barkles -- that movie last night was so bad I went right back to sleep and I wouldn't mind, I'd only been up half an hour to let Oscar pooch out! So... dunno about it being better than Richard & Judy.

Sassie -- this time tomorrow all will be clear.

Candy -- thanks :o)
  • Options
    ((())) not good with words
  • Options
    Best of luck Cath - In case I don't get a chance tomorrow! ((()))
  • Options
    Knowlege is power Cath. Remember how many times I used to say that to you! Getting boring aren't I?