Lancaster & Morecambe Festive 4 K

Im in my second week of running and doing quite well training for 45mins 4 times a week would the festive 4 K be a good first race to enter ?
Has anybody run it ?

Comments

• No, but i wouldn't mind finding out more about it! - do you know who/where i can get details from?!
  • Take a look in the events section at the top of the page, its on 27th December.
  • Steve H

You don't say how far you are covering in your 45 mins but my guess is that 45 mins of exercise 4 times a week is plenty good enough to get you round a 4k.

I've not heard of the race but anything with 'Festive' in it's title timed between Xmas & New Year is probably going to be fun with people of all levels entering - sounds ideal, go for it & let us know how well you do

Nick
  • Thanks a lot guys!
    I might try the 3 bridges 10k too - sounds a bit of a laugh!
    S.
  • Could be interesting - only live across the Bay from that.
    One way off working of Chrissy Pudding - also its about my limit at the moment - only been running for 6 weeks!
  • I did it last year - good turn out and just long enough so near to Chrimbo (its actually my Birthday on the 27th). If you are doing 45 minutes of exercise it will be no probs for you. I am not doing it this year as we are staying in Aberdeen for Christmas.
  • I posted a message as entered a 5k...and a few weeks into the RW 6 week schedule. I only run 3 times a week, (sometimes only once or twice but try and make it up if that's the case)... and for an average of 30mins.
    I did a run this week with a colleague (always run alone before) and on exactly 30 minutes i completed the training run. We drive the distance and it was 5.1K. Someone responded and told me in this race the last person took 44mins... so i feel confident enough to complete it without looking too much of a plum. If i can do 5k...believe me, you can do 4!
  • sounds like a good starting point for some of us who have never run before. there seems to be a shortage of 5k runs around the north west this time of the year.Good luck to everyone, Don't worry about time JUST DO IT! and enjoy the moment.
  • I cheered a friend on doing this last year - it does go up a horrible great hill behind the Ashdon memorial - but don't let that put you off. 4K's tend to be fast, but the pain is soon over - by the time I'd herded the kids out to a suitable cheering position at the finish I'd already missed half the field who came storming in after 14-15 mins!

Wicket Witch - may see you there. There is a bar!