sub or about 4h30 hopefully

Comments

• Waves to birdy,  loads of luck.  Hope the snow doesn't lie.

Support is going to be amazing, especially if the weather is nice.  Not ideal for runners but it does bring everyone out.  Take it easy and see how you cope with the heat guys.  In 2007 when it was really hot I somehow managed ok, but I know lots of others who suffered.

RH and Crouchy will def look out for you.

NT nice to hear from you, hope you and bump are doing well.

• GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

morning all - just done a quick recap -sounds like everyone is ok barring sniffles?

my news is that i am (finally) back safely at home and WILL be running on Sunday (in London rather than Lanzarote!) - bit conce4rned that the past week of drowning my sorrows with rather too much beer may adversely affect performance image - but it's going to be a scorcher so time target is out of the window for me anyway - am going to enjoy it.

birdy -best of luck - madster!

scharm - think the baggage lorries close about 20-30 minutes before the race? there are millions of announcements.... if it is hot then you can just keep back a bin bag to sit on and hand everything else in ASAP?

phew. off to get number at lunchtime - can't believe this is all on again! image

• Yay gladrags, glad you got back image
  • Birdy, all the best, I would definately prefer your Scottish weather forecast to the London one! 

Gladrags, welcome back to "blighty"!  and thank you for the advice, I think I will be aiming to get there about 8.30ish, is that about right?

• GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

think 8.30 sounds good - there's a lot going on and it is fun to take it all in.

only slight downer is that i seem to have very tender calf muscles.... when the rep called us we had 20 minutes to gather up kids, pack cases and get to taxi to airport. i was wearing birkenstocks and can confirm they do not make ideal running footwear..... have compression socks on and new pack of frozen peas - am sure they'll be ok!

oh - and there are tents and barriers going up on blackheath as we speak! cannot believe there is so little time left!!!

• Gladrags, I've just realised its Thursday and am only just carbo loading - jacket potatoe for lunch! Trout, stirfry and rice tonight.
  • wow glad you made it back gladrags. Hopefully the calf is just a little taper niggle - I'm having afew of those...twinging ankles and quads and stuff. Planning a good old stretch and hot bath tonight to stave this off and have thrown a load of brufen in my running pack for saturday!
  • GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

scharm - yup - am probably behind you on the carbo loading stakes (unless beer counts?!) - i was so sure that i wouldn't be running on Sunday!

Birdy - yup - taper niggle - it has just been very stuff since the flight - it's not like something gave way during a run.... will follow your example of stretch, hot bath and ibuprofen i think! best of luck to you - your story will make ours pale to nothing!

phew. am exhausted.

• right chocolate muffin now I think!  Its really difficult to eat things like this when you have lost loads of weight, I just dont want to put any on!
  • I know Scharm... I feel like a very fat bit of pasta!
  • SCharm, I'm with you on that one. It just doesn't  seem right does it?

Birdy, I wish you the best of luck and enjoy Scotland.

Gladrags, So pleased you made it back in time, but have you seen that cruise ship leaving Northern Spain on the news? Talk about coming home in comfort.

• Birdypie can I come to Scotland dont do hot weather?????

Off to London in the early morning can I just say a massive thanks to all on here and wish you well.....speak next week hopefully having the medal round my neck...... getting emotionaly now so see you on Sunday.image

• soooooo excited, and emotional, and nervous, and fed up of eating!!
  • Little Plodder - I've just eaten another cereal bar!
  • Best of luck to you Birdy and  to everyone running in London. I am off to London tomorrow morning and will be at the expo around 4pm.
  • hello! does anyone else feel like thayve put on about a hundred stone this week through just eating and hardly trainning?!
  • Russell hopefully be there tomorrow pm just afternoon lunch. Hope you have a good journey down and good marathon day on Sunday.

Sham plodder hope you didn't spend too much money.......

Yes I am nearly fat now..............image

• Just plodded 4.8 miles round Lincoln, finishing with Steep Hill. Hmmm....!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

• expo was quiet, some good deals to be had.... cant believe it. got my number now. Just want to run, feeling like a porker.
  • Have done my last run - a lovely 3 miles around the park. Fortunately my knee is behaving (it's been giving me problems after I slammed it into the corner of my bedframe when half asleep a couple of weeks ago. image)

Looks like lots of people are heading to London already so GOOD LUCK if we don't "speak" again before the race. image

• Sham plodder, thats just what I'm after, a good deal. Thanks for that.

I'm off to London shortly, so I'd just like to thank everyone on here for all your input over the last few Months, and I wish you all the very best of luck with your race. We'll no doubt swop stories on here early next week.

TAKE IT EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hi Guys, sorry to barge in image

Did first Mara, Brighton, last week, and OH is doing London. I'd like to wish you all best of luck for a great race Sunday (will be there supporting), but would also like to say:

REDHEAD I JUST SAW YOU ON GMTV WITH YOUR CROCHETING imageimage

I'm sure it was Brighton thread where you said you were doing London crocheting. I thought it was the name of a funny run due to an injury image image Best of luck for your world record image

• Morning all, now in complete panic mode having seen the weather forecast - it is the worst possible scenario for me, hot and humid, am really getting worked up about it.  I shall spend Saturday with a bottle of water attached to me at all times!image
  • Setting off on train to London in a few hours - still got some last minute packing to do. I'd just like to wish everyone a safe and enjoyable run around the capital on Sunday and bearing in mind the warm weather forecast - TAKE IT EASY everyone and make sure that you keep some energy reserves for the second half of the race.

I look forward to reading everyones stories next week.

• Yep Redhead back on telly now!
  • morning all.

taxi booked to take us to station. just want to wish everyone good luck for sunday.
  • Hellooooo

I'be been away from here for a few days - and have just caught up again.

Expo was great, really exciting.  I'm in Pen 8 at the Red Start which will ensure I start off nice and slow.

SCharm - I read you've changed your hotel to somewhere near Charing Cross.  That's where I'm staying too - at The Strand Palace I think it's called (perhaps I should check image)  

Has anyone got the list of who's at what start and who's on which Pen.

I guess if we're all about 4h 30, then we should all be in the same pens more or less ?

• Hey guys.

Good luck for Sunday image See you all at mile 17 image

Remember sun cream and not to push it if the heat gets to you.

• Afternoon all. Been to expo today registered got the goodies. Just prepping now as staying up in ldn tomorrow.

Gillymac thanks for reminding about sun cream!

Anyone know what pen the 10mm pacer is in? im in 8 if anyone else is in that one....