Giving up the booze

Comments

• Hope the foot improves WM and congrats on the new clothes.  Id happily buy new stuff if i dropped 2 sizes.

SL - Ive entered TWells and Wokingham, so you better rock upimage.

Good luck with the move this weekend.  What a week your having, go buy a lottery ticket!

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Good luck with the move SL, hope all goes ok.

WM, I agree with SL on finding a good shop for advice.  Mr C and I went to one last year and he was put on a treadie and they worked out his gait etc and advised on a pair.  Really good advice given.

Well tea time took a while...........Thomas wanted his beans one by one on a fork!!!  

Rare night out here, Mr C's dad and partner going to baby sit and we're going out for some food  image

• Promise promise promise I will HTF - and I've just got the email for Hastings 1/2m, that's a brilliant race.  I've always done it when I'm doing a marathon.  ooooh, maybe I'll buy a lottery ticket too - what a brilliant idea, too late for euromillions but I can do tomorrow night!

One bean at a time Cinders, oh my!  We're all packed up and ready to go.  I've scrubbed wherever I could get to and I'll do the rest tomorrow as hubby and a group of strong hunky men move the stuff out image.  Enjoy your night out.

• I've enjoyed my brief time in cyberland but Ive gotta pack the laptop away now and I wont be back online at home for up to a few weeks.  I'll try to sneak in at work though and apart from that it's back to the iphnone.

Have a lovely weekend folks, chat soon, Dx

• Hi Folks,

I just noticed that we have a few running shops near where I work in B'ham, including She Runs He Runs and some other place (name escapes me) that offers gait analysis, so I may go there in the near future.

It'll be strange not having SL putting in her usual input in here - hope her move goes OK though. Is she moving very far?

How is everybody this blustery weekend? I'm a bit at a loss as I can't do my long run this weekend - tapering ready for the 10K next Sunday. Going shopping shortly with Alison and Pulse. They want to buy some things ready for Christmas - Yippeeeeeeeee ... it's nearly that time of year again!!!

D

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

How did the Christmas shopping go WM?  Seems there's quite a bit appearing in the shops now.

Think it was He Runs She Runs in Bluewater that we went to for Mr C's trainers.

Just bought Thomas his first bike, well trike, its proving a bit difficult to piece together.  Mr C is waving a mallet around so I'll stay out of the way for now!

• Gulp ... I usually bring the mallet in at the crisis stage - that's why Alison will now not allow me to buy self assembly furniture. I've always thought that if you hit it hard enough eventually it will stick together.

Shopping went fairly well .. well at least we've made a start! Now all we need to do is start making the Christmas cake (next weekend) and the Xmas puds (not long after) ... closely followed by tons of mince pies.

My Run in England tomorrow. I' really excited. It looks really intresting with sessions on training schedules,  foot problems and injuries. Should be fun. Already contacted the local NHS and they are really interested.

D

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Have a good time tomorrow WM, be interested to hear what you learn about.

Yum on the Chrissie cake front.  I might have a go at some mince pies this year.

Well we got the trike up and guess what..........little man is just too little still, his feet don't reach the pedals!  Might have to stretch him on a rack!

• Oh that never stopped my lot - they just insisted I push them around all day. Why do you think I walk around nowdays like the hunchback of Notre Dame?

D

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Morning all image

Lol WM, he was getting pushed around on it!  Must encourage a bit of leg work when he grows a bit.

Hope your day goes ok today too, look forward to hearing later.

• Morning WM and Cinders (bet SL is still asleep in her new house!)

Beautiful day here, 13 miles in the bag for me, but having serious doubts about running the Beachy head marathon.   Left knee just  having a little niggle, and I really dont want to injure myself with 3 other races booked for after christmas.

Could just do it as a walker I guess, if my hubby leaves me behind, I'll divorce himimage

• Evening all,

Well I am now a qualified leader image

It was a great day and I had a huge amount of fun with the other folk from all over the region. unfortunately there was no-one else from the whole of S.Staffs so I remain the only qualified leader in the area. No doubt things will change in the coming weeks as RiE takes off.

Hope you all had a great weekend .. will tell you more tomorrow.

D

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Congrats WM, so what's next?

• Hi all,

Still recovering from yesterday. So many things were covered and now I just want to get on and develop some of the ideas. The course covered injuries, warm-ups, cool downs, leading a pack of runners, designing training programmes - so much.

Now that I'm qualified I need to contact a host of local organisations to see if they will refer people ro me, plus put out promotional posters, leaflets etc to attract local people to come along to a short beginners course in running.

So much to do ... and work is getting in the way image

D

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Lots to think about and plan then WM. 
  • Congratulations WM - well done for getting out there and achieving something great!

I really need to look into some self-improvement.  Plenty of areas for developmentimage.

Ran 13 miles yesterday, and just back from swimming 30 lengths in the pool.  I would almost have a halo if I hadnt eaten quite so much chilli earlier!

• Evening folks

just a quick post on the phone. The move went really well and I was up at the crack of dawn (HTF). It's lovely here but still lots of unpacking and organising to do.

Congratulations WM sounds really interesting stuff

well done too htf on the 13 miles, theoretically you should get round beachy with some walking and a sensible plan. I really can't manage it but we can always get some training in for an early spring one.

Cinders, now you know why someone invented those long poles for kiddies bikes, even when they can reach the pedals they want pushing, it's backbreaking work!

AndPLEASE, don't mention the 'C' word again till December, I cantvthink that far ahead image
  • hello all image

tis a long time since i've been on here!

hope you are all doing well and enjoying life.

where have you moved to, sl?

things are good here - back on track running and i've set up the personal training business, which i'm enjoying.

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Hello and welcome back RD image  How is the PT bit going?

Nice to hear the move went well SL.

HTF, still sounds like you need a halo after 13 miles and 30 lengths!!!

Buttons not to well today, tummy probs so no new bike today.

As for C.............tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la la la laaaaaaaaaaaa image

• Golly .. we mustn't mention the "C" word"? Oh well .. I'll try. How are you _inders (oops - wrong word)? Oh and Ho .. Ho ... Ho ... How are you HTF and SL? Seriously, don't worry SL .. I haven't been writing wish list for that "time of year I shouldn't mention" (which from now on will be called TOYISM). Oh and my TOYISM tree needs replacing .. well at least the TOYISM lights do. Next weekend Alison is making TOYISM cake and the week after TOYISM puddings. No sign of any of the kids writing their TOYISM present list yet though. Oh .. and did I tell you all I have a TOYISM desktop and screensaver?

Nice to meet you duck - hope business is thriving. Maybe get people to send each other post-TOYISM gift vouchers for you to give them a workout.

D

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Lol at Toyism WM image

What's the Toyism screensaver???

• hello cinders and welshman image

business is going well - i do about 10 sessions a week, which is perfect.

will happily do vouchers, wm, but only if the recipient has expressed an interest - don't fancy dragging reluctant recipients out come january!

i can't believe buttons is old enough for a bike!!!!! hope he's feeling better soon.

• Just charging through...........

Glad the move went well SL, go on the Beachy Head thread, and you'll be able to flog your place, and get your money back.  

Hi RD lovely to see you again, so impressed your a PT, well done.  Need to get off my arse and improve my life.

#Waves to Cinders and WM#

off to put smallest one to bed..................

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Hi HTF and RD.

Small one just gone to bed here also image

Lol RD, his little legs don't reach the pedals so its pushing him round the garden on it for now!

• Good idea htf, il give it a try, didn't think of trying to flog it.

Great to see you here RD, fantastic that the business is going well. Where do your clients come from- there can't be 10 people in your village image. I've only moved to Pembury village, about 5 miles away but a totally different feel about it.

ok WM, I know when I'm beaten, the 'c' word it is then. I personally don't get excited till Xmas eve and I usually leave the shopping till about a week before. None of the family like Xmas cake or mince pies. I used todo the baking bit but ended up eating everything myself or chucking it out. It's different toonot having young kids to be excited with - I've just got the grumpy old man and ge'd cancel Xmas if he could.

Have you started your training yet cinders- I've started writing my plan. I need to fit it in around the races , there's so many to choose from in our neck of the woods

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Been out once so far SL, but have now pencilled in Silverstone, Paddock Wood and Dover halves though image

• It's Santa and all his reindeer Cinders.

btw .. you have to tell Thomas stories about Mischief the unknow reindeer. He has a green nose that gows in the dark and his qirlfriend is another reindeer called Squeaker. Now Mischief the reindeer is very naughty and he rushes around Toytown on his skateboard shooting all his neighbours with his plastic bow and arrow (s'ok there's a rubber sucker on the end of the arrow) or his catapult. His favourite targets are Mrs Malopopopop, the Grocer or PC Nick Allo-Allo. He really likes to annoy Santa and really really likes to fill Santa's wellies with snow then wee wee into them. Of course Santa get's really annoyed and so that's when Mischief blames Rudolph.

Mischief is an institution in our house and I have a total of 23 years of telling the kids Mischief stories at Christmas. Even now Pulse (she's 15) will ask me for a Mischief story on Xmas eve and whever from the kids are around will sit down and listen to it. The frightening thing is that every year they are all crying with laughter after hearing this year's story!!!

I suppose all things considered it's no wonder my kids are as messed up as they are image

D

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Lol WM, that's fab, you don't fancy writing a Mischief book do you???
  • You would never believe the people who have told me to do that! I keep saying I will, but I never get round to it.

D

• that'd be brilliant, wm!

*waves to htf* good to see you too image

sounds like a good move, sl, away from the awful neighbours i seem to remember you having.

funnily none of my clients are from my village, but 3 do come to the house - we finally converted the garage! the others are surrounding villages.

love the idea of buttons not reaching the pedals - soooo cute image

quite a few of the spring marathons don't seem to be on the events list yet. don't they know i want to plan?!

cos i'm in vlm too image it's a deferred place from this year. they nearly forgot me (no pack or email) but i phoned up and they found me and put me back on the list!

did clarendon marathon on sunday so back up to distance now - want to try and keep it up til vlm so am planning to run a few marathons between now and then. starting with abingdon in a fortnight image