Giving up the booze

Comments

• Morning all,

Couple of days off ahead of me and enjoying every minute. Spent the morning so far watching daytime TV - so this is why I work ... it's terrible!!

D

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Isn't it just WM?   Try CBeebies, its even worse image  Enjoy your time off though.
  • Morning folks,

It's Anniversary Day!! Yippeeeeeeee - and how does Alison want to celebrate? Expensive lunch? No. Shopping spree? No. A morning behind closed doors with no kids? No. A day in bed with a huge box of chockies and a couple of good books? No. A visit to a nearby spa to be pampered? No. Give up? ..........

Going for a run with me ... lol!!!!!

So this morning we are off later for a 4-miler and then shower, relax and a cup of coffee in front of a huge log fire at the village restaurant before going out tonight for our meal. All I have to work out now is how can Interflora give her those flowers I ordered whilst she's pushing up a 1.1 mile steep hill!!! image

What's everyone else up to today?

D

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Happy Anniversary WM and Alison, have a lovely day and it sounds lovely that she wants to go for a run with you image

• Morning All

Huge Congrats to WM and Alison.  Have a lovely day.  I think going for  a run together is lovely, you'll both build up a great appetite for tea!

Quiet day here, full of tidying up and cleaningimage.

If Im a good mother I might take the kids swimming later.

Took the dog for a walk this morning.  Havent felt the urge to put on running shoes yet thoughimage

• Hi folks and Happy Anniversary to WM and Alison, I hope you enjoy your run and your coffee and have a lovely meal this evening.

My hubby would never come running with me, he has suggested accompanying me on a bike but it's never happened yet!

I've just got back from a site visit to Faversham - the company repairs luxury yachts so I was hoping to see a bit of glitz and glamour but it was a site in the middle of a field where some lucky person travelled to the south of france, got the dodgy bit of engine then bought it back to the workshop to repair, there's more glamour in a Kwik Fit garage!

I'm feeling a little bit icky today so won't bother with the 2 miles - Daisy  imagestayed last night and wasn't well, she threw up in the middle of the night and I reckon she's passed her bugs on to me image.  She was feeling a bit better this morning so hopefully I'll be fine tomorrow, right now I just want to sleep!

Hope you are all well, Dx

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Are you feeling any better tonight SL?

Faversham sounded exotic.........not!   Kwik Fit does indeed sound more glamourous!

Did you make it swimming HTF?

• Have worked 7 out of the last 8 days, one more shift to go - thank God! I'm so tired.

Did 12 miles last Tuesday & haven't run since, due to work. Will manage 3 miles tomorrow & Thursday & then Barns Green on Sunday. Do you think this will be ok? Ive been training 4 times a week, but my shifts the last couple of weeks have been shocking. I did read that you should taper anyway???

Have laid off the grog & I think I'm feeling better, lol! I'm so knackered by the shifts I've done, I'm not sure! Anyway, I am persevering!

Still terrified about Barns Green......

Hitting the sack - night all x

• Hi all

Still feeling a bit sick,  typical, one day back in my old office with everyone coughing and sneezing over me and I get the lurgy!  I was going to visit Dartford today but I'll work from home instead.

Mama, you should be tapering so what you've got planned for this week is more than enough.  What work do you do??

I'm going back to bed for an hour or so then I'll go for a run, it's only 3 miles so I should manage it, I'll go down that footpath from the other end and see where it comes out - its got big roads either side of it so it can't go too far - I just need to know where exactly.

Hope everyone is ok today

• Morning!

I'm a nurse & work mainly 12 1/2 hour shifts.

Sunluvva, I lived & trained in Dartford for 18 months back in 1993! I'm now in West Sussex.

I'm not starting until later, have kids at home due to half term, so treadmill here I come!

Have a nice day all xxx

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Morning

Get well soon SL ((( )))

Mama, if you've done 12 miles then like SL said you should be tapering this week and I think you'll do grand on Sunday image

• I've been  back to bed for a couple of hours and now I've got an upset tum to go with the icky feeling image, I don't feel like I should be going more than 3 yards from the loo let alone 3 miles imageimageimage!  It won't make any difference at this stage of the game.

It was lovely and sunny at 7am and now it's a bit grey outside - maybe I shouldn't have gone back to bed!

Do you choose to work long shifts Mama or does everyone have to, you'd have thought that 'the management' would prefer it if thier staff weren't falling asleep over the patients!

• Afternoon all!

SL - you poor thing - take it easy. I've been feeling nauseous and generally rubbish over the last couple of days. Was off work yesterday and not feeling much better today.

htf - well done on Beachy - fantastic stuff!

Happy Anniversary WM - hope you had a lovely time celebrating.

Welcome DL Mama image.

Hi to Cinders, Apps, RD and anyone else who's around!

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

((( SL  and Elle )))  Hope you both feel better soon.

Been busy here today, took little man to our local Spitfire museum to see the planes.  He's mad about them.  Just about to ice some halloween fairy cakes now, he's already scoffed one before I got chance!

• Thanks Cinders, the cakes sound good but trying not to eat anything tonight! 

Hi Elle, i emailed the boss late morning and told her I was taking the rest of the day off - I was working from home anyway but couldn't really concentrate.  Cancelled a  meeting tomorrow too just incase I still feel rubbish.  Hope you're feeling better soon.

HTF, been out for a run yet???? I bet you'll fly like the wind when you do!

• Evening 

Hope SL and Elle are feeling better soon.  You need to get some of your vitamin rich smoothies down you SL to build up your resistance.

Havent been out for that run yet, but I did take the children swimming, and swam for 30 minutes.

I was looking at the training schedules on here for attempting a faster 1/2 marathon time.  Grief you have to run fast to get a 2.00hr half time - dohimage!

• Thanks for the get well wishes! 

Ooo Cinders any fairy cakes going spare? image

SL - sounds sensible. I felt awful this morning but better by the afternoon.

htf - I'd love a sub-2 hour half but need to shave 7 minutes off my pb in order to do so. I did manage 10 miles in an hour and a half in training once but then got injured and had to start all over again. Have you got a half in mind?

I've started on my medication to hopefully stop the migraines (or rather the 'visual migraine equivalents' - bit of a mouthful!) They're beta-blockers though which I didn't realise when talking to the consultant, and having done a bit of research on here they're not great for runners image. I'm going to give them a try though.

• evening image

hope you're feeling better soon, sl!

how are the betablockers bad, elle?

i tend not to run for a week after, htf - i need to rest. but we're all different.

you should have taken my oh, as well, cinders, he loves spitfires too image

• Evening RD image. How are you?

They slow your heart rate and apparently can make running feel more of an effort. Another side effect is more vivid dreams which isn't great for me as I have incredibly vivid dreams as it is!

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Cripes, I wouldn't know what to do with more vivid dreams.  I could write a book on some I've had,  especially after cheese!

Do hope the migraine medication helps you Elle.

I'd also like a sub 2 but agree, that's some speedy running needed! 

RD, Spitfire museum was great, it was planes this and planes that, little man most impressed image He gets it from his dad who has a small remote control plane and was a programmer on a plane game and is also plane mad!

How are you feeling tonight SL, any better?

• Are you feeling any better Elle, how about the dreams???  I rarely remember my dreams but when I do they are really really wierd image

Where's the Spitfire museum Cinders, is it at Manston.  Do they have many planes going in and out of there these days, it's known as Manston  International now isn't it - I'd say someone's got illusions of grandeur!  I did the Folkestone 20 there back in '92 or '93, it was that race that put me off doing races with laps - it was 2 laps round the the perimeter of Manston with fields of rotting cabbages on the other side - it stunk to high heaven and was really flat and boring - never run down there since!

Well done on the swimming HTF, I haven't run at all since Sunday, still feeling rough today so called in sick again.

Hi RD,  how are you - we don't hear enough from you these days - are you keeping busy with clients??

I'm off for a nice hot bath now, chat soon, Dx

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

That's the place SL, they have the Spitfire museum and RAF Manston museum together.  Manston International is a bit of a laugh.  Its mainly freight but we've had 2 commercial airlines come and go as they can't sustain the flights, we did fly to Manchester on one before they went bust.  Next year they are doing holidays to Malta, Croatia and Jersey, might look into it as its about 10 mins from home.

As for the cabbage fields, we've so many of them imageimageimage

• I can't see the names 'Folkestone or Manston' now without smelling that smell in my head (if you know what I mean).

My favourite 20miler has to be the Compton one I did with RD, really tough and hilly but the views were spectacular, and the 'drinks stations' had tea, coffee, hot chocolate, jam sandwiches, cakes, biccys and sweeties image. Its funny how our minds work Folkestone = rotton cabbages, Compton = jam sandwiches image.

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Bleurgh, would rather have jam sandwiches over cabbages any day!!!

Made running club tonight as its half term, had to drop some wimple money off!!!!  Tis for Hellrunner as our club are doing it as "Nuns on the run"

• Yikes, I got offered a new job today image. Had the interview on Monday and didn't think it went very well, but obviously it did!

Medication ok so far. Am going to go for a run tomorrow so it will be interesting to see if I feel any bad effects.

Sorry to hear you're still feeling rough SL - hope you're on the mend soon.

Wimple money Cinders?! If you're on Facebook then drop me a message on here and I'll add you - have got an excellent pic of me dressed as a nun image

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Are you taking the new job Elle?  What will you be doing?

Yep, I'm on facebook Elle, will pm you to let you know.

Can't sleep, having a tussle with some coated chicken.  I should know by now that I can't stomach it but took the risk last night, grrrrr!

• Morning all

Hope both Cinders and SL are feeling better today.  Cinders you must be knackered looking at what time you were posting!

Congrats elle on the job offer, are you going to take it?

I cant get on to facebook, either last night or this morning.  Think the site is down.  If you guys want to add me as a friend on fb, pm me.

How did we get to Friday already of half-term, havent down most of the things I had in mind?  Swept up copious amounts of leaves yesterday.  Opened the curtains this morning and the same amount down again!

What plans does everyone have for running this weekendimage

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Feel ok now, just rather tired image  My own fault, I know I can't eat too much coated chuck, this time it was hot n spicy wings.

I've sent you a pm HTF for facebook too.

Hoping to get out for a nice plod this weekend but Mrs Weather Lady doesn't say it will be very nice though, could be rain coat type plodding.

What does everyone else have planned?

• Congratulations Elle - What will you be doing?

Hope you're feeling perkier today Cinders, I've never heard of anyone feeling bad on coated chicken before image.

I've never seen the point in trying to sweep up the leaves at this time of year HTF, it's never gonna work.  Might as well wait till all the leaves have fallen and do it then.

I've not tried to get on facebook for a few days but I'll have a look, I'll be able to find Elle if HTF & Cinders add as a frien, it'll probably come up as a suggestion with mutual friends etc.  99% of those suggestions are people I've never heard of, especially as some of my 'great' nieces & nephews are on there, it keeps suggesting 12 year olds!

Feeling a bit better today, still a bit queasy but not rushing to the loo everytime I eat something, just noises imitating a washing machine on spin cycle image.  Hopefully I'll be up to a run tomorrow or sunday.

We're having a bit of a house warming party tomorrow night, basically it translates to all the our boozy mates swapping the pub for our house.  I  suggested it last week, thought I'd get it over and done with sooner rather than later.  Off to tesco in a bit to get some nibbles.

• Morning folks,

Well the anniversary dinner went spectacularly well!! We had a wonderful mean and afterwards the owner invited us for complimentary drinks (why couldn't I have known him when I was drinking!). Anyway, we stayed for an hour after the meal and chatting about our favourite Asian band (Dhol Foundation) and Asian culture - all in all it was a terrific night.

Even managed a run the next day - only 4 miles, but after the goodies the night before I needed it. The rest of this week has been a bit dull to be honest - averaging 4 mile runs each day. Think I'm going to have to insert a few challenges because I can sense I am stagnating. I have a 6 - 7 miler on Sunday to look forward to, but even that doesn't hurt like it once did - clear signs I am getting stronger and fitter.

Not weighed myself in a while and after being a piggy this week I'm not about to either!!!

Not sure what we're up to this weekend to be honest. I suspect that Alison will go off to Wolverhampton with my daughter to cavort around the clothes shops - they like to do that together. So I'll probably stay home and read the paper, go for coffee and cook something nice for us all for dinner. Then in the evening hopefully take Alison out somewhere again - not sure what's on at the cinema, but that could be an option.

Congrats on the new job Elle - what will you be doing?

See Cinders - I told you a veggie diet was good for you. I've been veggie now for about 26 years - it was hard eating meat when Alison was alongside saying "I hope you enjoy your putrefying flesh!"

D