Feelin fat fed up and friday 15th club

Comments

• It's possible with some flapjacks that you use up more calories chewing them than are contained in the thing itself

PS Joke!!!!
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Oooh, well done Trickle. I'm looking forward to doing some miles this evening, hopefully off road. Cambridge is really good for greens and commons, and they're well lit round the edges, so it doesn't matter that it's dark.

V-rap, the timesheet I have to fill in has a category called "unstructured training" which is a great catch-all. Fortunately my time can always go down as "quality control" if I'm stuck.
  • Hi Trickle. Hi Glenn, if you haven't rolled off into the desert with your tumbleweed.

Well done, Trickle. Is Body Combat good? They've started doing it at my gym. I haven't got round to trying it yet, but I will sometime.

Dammit, it's even deader in the surgery than it is on the forum. I'm going home to wrap myself around a pot of decent coffee and a Bounty bar while I do my letters and journal reviews. Back later!
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Hi JJ. An important question, but I'm afraid the answer is yes. I can't stand Big Macs for example (make me heave - bad experience in Moscow back in 1993), but the calories and the fat would still be there I suspect.
  • I wish, JJ! I was accosted by a receptionist from another surgery with a box of Pudsey-shaped chocolates and a rattling tin, so I dutifully put in a fiver on behalf of my students and me. The chocolate was horrible. It tasted mainly of icing sugar, so it was probably lovingly reformed Yorkie. Still, could've been worse - Scotbloc. One of my students compared it to the "really nice" chocolate you et in Advent calendars. They have a lot to learn.

But few things are quite as dreadful as a bad flapjack. Problem is, a GOOD flapjack is crisp and melting because it's full of butter and syrup. Can't win.
  • Thanks Glenn! I did go very slowly but am working up to my first half marathon - plan is for Fleet next March.

V-Rap - Body Combat is great providing you suspend your sense of the ridiculous for a while. The punches/jabs/kicks are a great reliever of stress but every now and then the instructor will get you to wave an imaginary sword around your head and then I start to snigger. I much prefer it to the (very few) aerobics classes I have tried - a pretty no-nonsense approach and more emphasis on working hard than how you look and whether that roundhouse kick would actually floor anyone. And no question it has improved my fitness and particularly my lightness on my feet.

• Got some chocolate pudseys too. Haven't eaten those tho :-)
  • I'm reassured, Glenn. No chance of having to duck out of post-race recarbing at the Golden Arches! I hate EVERYTHING those places sell, apart from the coffee, which is sometimes drinkable and always a million times better than Starbucks.
  • Hey Trickle I'm doing the fleet half as well (hopefully).

I will be going for a PB as I believe it is quite flat.
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    You're right about the coffee V-rap. Starbucks and the rest of those places just don't seem to understand that coffee is *supposed* to be bitter and strong tasting, not some bland transatlantic slush.
  • JJ - cool! According to Dustin et al the course is 'undulating' but they are changing it this year to be flatter and thus faster. Mind you, my plan is 11 minute miles all the way round so 'faster' is relative....
  • Yo peeps

just waiting for tea to cook itself and still feeling mildly re-serotonined after the lunchtime womble - but stiffening up a bit - better be ok tomorrow or coach will not be impresssed - were only supposed to do light sessions befor a game!

wos wrong with 'Bucks - the Chai tea latte (skinny of course!) is nicely spicy after a yoga session! Close 2nd is Italian stlye Costa and and biscottis
  • I like latte, but I have it decaffeinated, and I have it so "latte" that it's barely even coffee, just coffee flavoured milk.

I refuse to get it from $tarbuck$ though.

Bune, you better had feel better, understand? The beatings will continue until morale improves ;)
  • bune where'd my hero go - why the new pic?
  • Evening ,
    Bune, hope I'm not spreading my misery !!!
    been a nicer day up here, but still bloody rotten !! haven't ran since Monday .. no notion.. back on the sauce ..
    Anyone looking for X-training should try martial arts .. I done Kung Fu for a few years ... great fun .. & I got loads of trophies (gathering dust at mothers), great for stretches and cardio workouts ... not to mention the old legs ...
  • No sokay DD - just bad habits creeping back !

but im feeling a lot better now

Gz - cookie'l be back soon - promise

just watched the prog about the Fatkins Diet - dont really know much about it really - im much more interested in health food!

Fat Club pt ! Rik !!! rhymes with thick sick hes a ***** when did he last see his ...feet!

fatboy- slim - or die!

• Watching Rik do his sit-ups ... always makes me feel better
  • aw sorry maybe Is should be a bit more compassionate - maybe the approach is wrong - with somebody as morbidly obese as Rik - wouldnt putting atreadmill in front of his telly and making him walk (on an incline) for 30 minutes twice aday be better than dragging his frame around a park?

• Sorry - compassion is not a word I apply to that man - call me uncompassionate.

SR
  • ooh good thought i was been a bit hard on him - he is such a (very) big girls blouse!
  • Well ,I think harveys approach to be totally wrong
    I would be able to help Rik
    IF he wanted to be helped
    But he doesnt
  • Well EP, did 25 mins tonite and got a stitch after 3 mins, so i can sympathise with RIK
    xcept i kept going
  • very big pansy - this is him finished I think - cant imagine anyone being interested in him after this - apart from fast food delivery shops!
  • Bune, Love the piccie, describes you today to a T
  • how would you help him Benz - well done on 25mins - I bet your a bit shattered after the last week or so!
  • Didn't see CFC tonight. Or Fatkins. Missed both programmes I'd planned to watch last night too. Just can't get this telly habit at all. Ivor managed to inveigle a Flying Scotsman jigsaw out of me (jigsaws are his current obsession, but he manages to combine it quite nicely with the perennial railway one) so I've been "helping" him with it. There's nothing like spending quality time with the descendants!

I'd have thought something simple and private like a treadmill or stepper in front of the telly would be Rik's sort of thing anyway, but he's really just a kid who isn't engaged with the idea of losing weight at all, and I wish he had the self-confidence to say so loud and clear. One day he will. Or maybe he's cleverer than we all think and this "negative" publicity is going to lead to lots of tabloid exposes of "the reality behind Celebrity Fat Club" with fat (sorry) fees attached.

I like the new pic, Bune. I like EP's too. One day, just briefly, I WILL put up the cute cartoon dinosaur that's nodding its head on my hard disk.

Must get back to work.
  • Hi all

I half feel sorry for him except he just won't TRY. He just moans constantly. Old coleens doing well. Doris another waste of space.

Did 6.5k this evening with no watch or HRM, felt good.

See you tomorrow.

JJ
  • well I could definitely design his exercise programme, and it wouldnt involve sit ups or running or public places