Options

Helsby (Four Villages) Half Marathon.

Comments

• Options
    Dave - thanks. Sorry you won't be running. Looks like it's going to be a cold one.
  • Options
    Well its 0 degrees and blowing a blizzard ere!! Looks like its goona be a old one and I can't find me gloves!!! AAARGH! DtS - thats a shame - hope your dad is on the mend - x.
  • Options
    I went out this afternnon to watch my step daughter in a hockey match and I still haven't warmed up. It's going to be Ron Hills and a Helly Hansen tomorrow at this rate.
  • Options
    Is the running club easy to find - I've seen wha DtS has told Cath - there aren't any hidden turnings or anything are there? I suppose it'll be signposted? I'll deffo be in Ron Hills and long sleeves!!!
  • Options
    cath and pm,take junction 14 off the M56 follow Helsby signs,the club is on the left hand side as you approach Helsby.

i`ve had lots of Lasagne and lots of waggledance and i can`t wait til tomorrow

see y`all in the morning kids

btw,nrk those sirens that will keep you awake tonight are nuffin to do wid me awright!

mtb,i didn`t have nuffin to do wid the cornflakes in yer bed

sleep tight kids
  • Options
    Jakesy -- WTF is "waggledance"..?

:o/
  • Options
    Something for boys
  • Options
    yer only a girl so i can`t tell yer
  • Options
    I didn't want to know anyway.

:oP
  • Options
    I could drink you under the table though J

;o)
  • Options
    It's a beer Cath.
  • Options
    not going tomorrow, so good luck yarl
  • Options
    WAKEY WAKEY EVERYONE.

There are no sleeps left.

See you all in a couple of hours.
  • Options
    Great to see everyone again this morning

just e-mailed a load of photo's to RichK so if he dosn't think that they may contarvine the obscene publications act.....
  • Options
    Well thanks to my tardy timekeeping I missed everyone at the start, but saw Dave and TSL en route and Damo as well. Oh and saw Ratbag at the finish in the distance and then lost sight of him ! Fab day for it though !
  • Options
    Cougie -- I knew it were you. I've got a pic of your back! (I was at Mile 10 and a bit)
  • Options
    Hi - just back

Ooh it were cold today. Had a good run - knackered now though! Finished in around 2.24 so not too bad - how did you all do? I tried to pass an old chap right at the end but he was having none of it and decided to race me - I nearly died sprinting!

Said a quick hello to wicked witch after the hill at 10miles - hope you didn't mind me carrying on ww - I just had to keep going I really wanted to get it over with!

I saw Fat Face at the start but was too far away to say hello - you look kinda normal really!

I had on a lilac t-shirt over black tights and a pale blue hat on - just in case anyone thinks they saw me!

Well done everyone

bath time for tt
  • Options
    Okay so...

I have a fab picture of the Forum running crew. The following people need to email me if they want copies because I dont have your email address!

Flatters
    Barbara
    Pink Minnie
    Mustn't Grumble
    Viking
    Loonie

All you other shower will have it in your mail soon as I've finished air brushing them

;o)

what?

Seriously... fantastic day out. Aside from freezing nearly to death, I had a fab time! Didn't manage to catch everyone at the start (Cougie & MTB) but was fab to see everyone ready and raring to go (just hope I feel as motivated for Liverpool). Waited around mile 10 in the freezing cold with the sun burning my retinas! The view from top of Simmons Hill was amazing - you could see the snow right across to the Welsh Hills - been a long time since I've seen that. Mile 10 the guys started piling past, thick and fast and I coud barely keep up... First came MTB who was so fast I didn't even see him! Then NRK came past and I nearly missed him (got the back of his sweater though). He was closely followed by Jakesy (who is injured I must add) and they were followed a few minutes later by Mustn't Grumble, Barbara and her 'pacer'. In quick succession then came Ratbag followed by Pink Minnie and bringing up the rear were Fat Face and Viking at which point the forumites received a wave (via phone) from Minkey.

Sorry but I didn't spot Cougie, Flatters, Lunacy, Will or Wicked Witch at all... mainly because after waiting so long I was frozen and if I'd had nads at that point they'd have been long gone! It really was great to see everyone - they all did really well and I was dead jealous.
  • Options
    Fantastic day and it was good to see the ones I met.

I think I came in around 1:44 by my watch which I am pleased about. I was woried about my hips but they held out well. I think they must be getting more flexible.

Lots of squashed worms on the roads today!
  • Options
    I'm just going for a lie down. I may be some time.
  • Options
    i`m going back out on the lash,see yers later
  • Options
    Cath, you're a star! Thanks for the support, my head had gone at that point and I was ready to call it a day, seeing you and my mate from work really helped. Thanks to my mystery pacer too!

Great to meet so many forum friends old and new. Cougie what happened to you? Hope your timing is better next week.
  • Options
    Went on a race this morning.The weather was fantastic. I had a game plan and stuck to it and ended up winning the race and knocking 2 minutes off my PB. Had a drink and a lovely chat with some jolly nice people afterwards and , when I got home, everyone one of my kids was still alive ...........................................................................................................................................which was nice!
  • Options
    Was a good day though wasn't it?

It seems that the majority (sorry FF) managed PB's.
    A special well done to Barbara who knocked a whacking 10 mins off her's. I'll have a pint of what you were drinking last night Babs. Best of luck in the Iron Man next week - you are certifiably BONKERS

Pink Minnie- nice to meet you and minus 2 mins off PB so well done.

Flatters I saw you briefly at the start but didn't get much chance to chat. Didn't see you at all after that. Hope all went well.

Everyone one else (MTB panics about remebering everyone's name) well done and nice to meet you.

Also the supporters club aka Cath and DTS.
    Cath I dont blame you for not getting my picture- the way I was going you would've needed a very fast film a masters degree in the art of panning! How'd your 8 miler go this afternoon?

I walked the dogs when I got home. I've had a nice hot bath and now I'm getting stuck into the Stellas. Mmmmmmmmmmm beer
  • Options
    Oops, Meek remembers important meeting tomorrow (already had a pint and three Stellas and it's still not 6 o'clock)

better switch to wine after this one!
  • Options
    If there's no one out there I'm going to take 1500 ...

Don't say I didn't warn you
  • Options
    Jakesy are you having a good drink with you're mates?
  • Options
    NRK how was dinner with you#re Mum?
  • Options
    For Ironman rea Tough guy, I'm not that mad MtB!

Apologies DtS and Suzie, thanks for your support as well! Thanks to Nicky for supplying the muffins, much appreciated.