Options

Helsby (Four Villages) Half Marathon.

Comments

• Options
    Certainly am doing FLM RB - I shall no doubt see you at the bar !

Wasn't her tummy awfully cold ?
  • Options
    I didn't get that close Cougie !!! ( I did have the Luverly Suzie with me....)
  • Options
    Hi All!!!

Cougie - for goodness sake what are you like!!

According to my chip time I have a 3minute PB!! But disappointed really. Never mind - am only a week off the antibiots so I'll really hammer Wilmslow when I'm on better form!!

Mr Loon set a 11minute PB - what a star!! Watch out Jakesy, nrk and co.... He's coming after you boys!!!

Thanks Jakesy for getting me over the line in some style!! I finally beat the bleeding Penny Lane Strider who had me in the Wilmslow last year and at the Sefton park five!!!

Great to see everybody - thanks Nicky for the muffins!! And great to finally meet Cath!

Ah well - here's to High Wycombe.....!!!

Big Hugs....

Loon
  • Options
    Dear All, enjoyed the race (1 minute off PB) and seemed to cope well with the 1/2M distance but hit the wall on the afternoon 1/2M with Mrs TC and the chafelets around Cheshire Oaks. (My payback)
  • Options
    Ouch TC

Now that is what I like to call 'over-training'!!!!

Well done on the PB - sounds like you had a good run (if not a good afternoon!!!)

L
  • Options
    Hi All - great to meet everyone at long last - did feel a bit of a spanner trying to spot peole who may be Fat Face at the start tho!!

Thanks to DtS and Cath for the support - really helps to have someone shouting for you!

Sounds like we all had a good run out - sorry FF / Viking, but running past you was probably my finest tell-it-to-the-grandchildren moment, even tho I know it'll never ever happen again!!! Thanks for that!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Liverpool - do you think we could risk a bit of a social before hand??
  • Options
    But now you have met Fat Face.... .He will haunt your nightmares !!!!
  • Options
    Pink Minnie -- wa stalking to FF & Viking about that on't way home yesterday - deffo we should organise sommat before Liverpool. I vote for

Date: Friday 11th February 2005

Time: 7pm

Venue: Dr Duncan's, Liverpool.

Howzat..?
  • Options
    Stalking eh ??
  • Options
    Stalking .... she looked that sort of Girl !!!! (It's these medical types Cougie !!)

Scouse Social sounds good, and as far as I can see ( apart from 11 /2 /05 being my Mum's birthday...) I'm up for it..

Dear Luverly Suzie

How do you fancy a night out in Scouseland, listening to all my mates rabbit about
    drinking & running... and then driving me
    home once I'm pi$$ed... I promise to clean the shower more often, tidey up the living room, and even wash your car

Lots of love
    Dave the Spartan
    Ps I will even remember Valentines day
  • Options
    Well pleased I made the effort to enter this event & drive up (I'm from High Wycombe of all places!! - yes, I've read the comments, lunacy!) Really good course - and nice medal too (even if I did drop it & break the plastic case!)

Got round in 1:46 - five minutes slower than my last half in December, but not disappointed - I'm planning to run a half every month this year, so it gives me something to beat!

One thing - does anyone know the link to the race photographer? I've got his card somewhere, but God knows where. Mind you, I don't know why I'm asking, 'cos I always hate the pictures of me - it always looks like I'm walking!

Looking forward to my next trip up north - Wilmslow in March.
  • Options
    I've got the card at home GD, I'll post it when I get home.

PM - enjoy the moment coz it ain't gonna happen again ;-)

Saturdays are better social days for me please thank you.

• Options
    Doh - might be away on 11th - depends on me boss - thats the problem with work - kind gets in the way of life!!!

FF - I know it was just a fleeting pleasure but one to treasure!!!!
  • Options
    ha ha - v happy now - just checked the official results and the Gun time is still a PB for me even though its one minute slower than the chip time. Don't think its fair going on the gun time but I suppose it figures if you're an elite runner. Also, the chip time is 2 seconds faster than I recorded!! Wahay!!!!! I'm fast, me!!!! Well, in my world anyway!!!
  • Options
    Afternoon all, sorry I missed you all at the end, too cold to hang around and Sunday dinner was waiting. Chip time was 2.26.05 which is a vast improvement on the last time I did this (2.42.02) but that course is not an easy one, it undulates upwards until the last 2 miles. Could they not reverse it next year.
  • Options
    Sorry forgot to say many thanks to Helsby RC for a well organised race and for the marshalls who froze their bits off out there.
  • Options
    PM - you did brill, especially since you actually did less training than me!! Deffo go off the chip time, that's what it's there for.

WW - nice to meet you again and a superb improvement on last time.

My time was 27 minutes slower than last time. Can anyone beat that?

• Options
    Oooh - ya pipped me - 24 mins slower for me !
  • Options
    Yes, but I was trying Cougie, very hard!!
  • Options
    Hello there. Had a fabulous first Half yesterday courtesy of Helsby RC, enjoyed every minute from start to finish. Congrats to all took part to make it truly memorable. Got round with a chip time of 2.11.33 - very pleased - and, I can walk today!!
  • Options
    Somebody wanted the link for the official pics,

www.mattnuttallphotography.co.uk

Says they'll be online from Tuesday night.

How's your legs FF?
  • Options
    Well done all, just wish I was running. I'm coaching a couple of guys who will be do doing the FLM so I was busy with them and didn't have time to introduce myself to the other forumites.

Well done to Cougie and Fat Face who I did see, or rather they saw me first!

My lads did 1:54 and 1:55 by the way
  • Options
    Nice coaching Damo ! I saw you a few times before I was sure it was you !
    I'm always very impressed with spectators who can find their way round the course so well !
  • Options
    Barb - my legs are fine, suprisingly.
  • Options
    well done everyone

thanks to cath,dts and tls for support

hat off to mtb,amazing run and you`re too good to be in our grudge series

also hat off to my nemesis namely nrk on his almost as brill as mtb`s time

i am chuffed with 7 seconds off my pb

weather,snow capped mountain views,race organisation,bombardier on draught and the company were all perfect.

the only complaint is that spectators at the finish were very quiet(until i got there).

btw,friday 11th for a social is no good to me as i`ll be sunning it up in Spain but i`ll catch up with y`all at Liverpool half

THANKS FOR A GREAT DAY KIDS

364 SLEEPS
  • Options

Just to let you know that Cath and DtS's pix from yesterday are here . . .

thanks for sending them to me guys - first race of 2005 :)
  • Options
    Jakesy it's Saturday 12th - we changed it. You still away..? AND who on earth goes to Spain in February..????

;o)
  • Options
    nice photos

I can walk OK now - but haven't been able to for most of the day
  • Options
    Cougfie, I actually ran 6 miles in spectating, at 2.5miles, just before 6 miles, just after 9 miles and along a disused railway line to the humpback bridge about a mile before the finish.