Burnham Beeches

Comments

• Well in contrast to Wolf...all I can say is that I loved it! Great to meet you all (Ratbag - sorry to have left you and the Mrs but I had a burst of energy - hope you did OK) Big apologies for not making the pub afterwards - I was in the St Johns Ambulance with ice spray being sprayed all over my thigh! Anyway - loved the run, everyone was so friendly and helpful and I didn't finsh last after all!
  • Hello all,

Great pleasure to meet so many yesterday. Wolf... don't be too down on yourself. You got round and sometimes that's all we can do. I guess it's a matter of more training and less entertaining!!!

New Runner... lovely to meet you. Don't worry about going on. We all run at whatever pace we can and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Just one thing... the ice spray on the thigh.... is this a sexual thing??? Just curious.. Good luck with NY.

As for everyone else, well done to those who got PBs, there were some and thanks to those who were still there when Mrs RB and I finally made it.

See you all at Windsor, I hope.

All the best,

RB
  • NO it wasn't sexual!!!! It was the bloody adductor muscle killing me! Naughty!!
  • Sorry I didn't see you and the Mrs come in RB but Blue Knees Junior was a 2 hour nightmare for Mrs Blue Knees and finding a pub with a play area was a god send

Glad you enjoyed it NR.

WWR we all have races like that. I had two in a row before Yateley. Windsor is a different race.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hi Gang.
    Good to see so many of you yesterday and well done to all those who ran pbs. I was just pleased to get round without being run over by the lead car and speeding elite....

New Runner hope the legs OK this morning - glad you enjoyed the race,was this your first half M ?

See you at GSR and Windsor.
  • Morning everyone

Good you meet you all yesterday.

I'm still happy today after knocking 6 minutes of my previous PB, although I am walking like John Wayne this morning.

Don't worry wolf. Everyone has a bad race now and again. I'm sure you're get it sorted...

Congratulations New Runner on your first 1/2.

Hope to see you all at Windsor

Jason L
  • Jason, I know what you mean about John Wayne.
  • Dustin - Was indeed my first half...and EVERYTHING hurts me today - is that normal?
  • New Runner - I've always worked on the theory that 'the more it hurts, the better you've run'...

• I must have run really really well in that case Jason!
  • can we get some times up for this run????

there were plenty of predictions earlier in the thread - how did we all do against them?

i'll start: was hoping for sub 2 and called it a day at 2.05 coming onto the sports field. (you know my thoughts on this)

i'm waiting....
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Inside 1.40 versus a pb of 1.36 , pleased with 1.37.46 although I didn't like the last mile all uphill.
    I tend to do 3mile splits (to iron out inaccurate markers) + 1.1 mile run in , and they were all 22-23 minutes so fairly steady too.
  • Hi, just wanted to see what my piccy looked like, as it has only now been accepted after 3 days.

Posted a 1hr 49 mn against target of 1'52".

• Predicted a time of 2:05 - 2:10.
    Finished in 2:01:27.

Snoop, nice pic!, although you are far better looking in person.
  • Predicted 2.15-3! and got in under 2.20! BTW - any of you guys doing Bristol? I can't make Windsor...
  • good work fellas

seems like the early posters here did well!

congrats!
  • Wanted to beat 1:48:28 and did by about three minutes. Ashamed about walking so near the finishing line though. Tired badly in the last two miles
  • Guys,

Great to meet you all yesterday. Wolf, sorry to hear you had a bad run and that I didn't get the chance to see you afterwards. As the some others have said, don't be too harsh on yourself - once you get back on it again, your day will come.

New Runner, well done on an excellent HM debut

I had an absolute scorcher of a run. Was aiming to break 2 hours and ended up knocking 5 and a half minutes of my PB in running 1:53:33. Those of you that saw me afterwards will know how happy I was and how much it meant to me. Congratulations to everyone else as well - there were clearly some excellent performances yesterday.

Hope to see you all again very soon.

DW
  • I was there, albeit with a slight throat infection. Time = 1-32-29, but Christ what a nice set of hills! I haven't run it before and I have to say that after being on for 1-30 I tired in the last 2.5 miles and the last 2 miles were about 17.5 minutes for me! I especially liked that trot up the hill towards the end (not).
  • Excellent time, nice one.

I can't say I enjoyed the hills that much either. Are doing Windsor or the Great South Run
  • Bristol Bristol - anyone for Bristol?!
  • 2 Bristols. Steady on Ratbag those thoughts aren't good for you.

Sorry NR its a shame these races clash. Have you booked it yet or can you swap and join the rest of us.
  • New Runner

Entries for Bristol are closed. Seems like all 7,000 places are filled!

I was looking for a longer race instead of the Nike 10k, but it looks like I'll have to stick with Nike.

Good luck at Bristol

Jason
  • BK, You keep those thoughts to yourself!!!

Isn't there another thread on that subject??

Meanwhile, I was hoping to get inside 2.20 but sadly as some of you kknow, it was more like 2.27. Complete energy loss from Mrs RB. There's still time to get it right for Windsor.

NR, are you sure you can't ditch Bristol and come to Windsor??

All the best,

RB
  • Blue Knees: I didnt see you at the start line again just like Yateley! I'll have to wait til whever before shaking your hand. Windsor is one I'd love to return to as it was my first half in 1996 and I have never returned, but its the day after I get back from holiday and I don't actually know here i am going yet so the flight times arent confirmed! I have to say I feel jaded today, a tough week of running (11m, Sunday, 11m Monday, 9m Weds ending with Burnham)was a bit tough. The footie season has also started as well and my beloved Bracknell Town take priority!!!
  • Am actually away for the weekend of Windsor - or I would have loved to meet up with all you lot again...Oh well - looks like Bristol will be a lonely affair for me and the other 6999 runners! Keep me posted on other runs you are all doing - otherwise that will be the first and last time I meet you all pre NY!!
  • RB. Don't pretend you didn't read that the same way. I think Mrs RB is doing exceptionally well and personally I think the BB circuit was a bit of b@gger. Re that other thread I noticed you were one of the few males that dared enter it.

Jeffsy. Doing Theale, Portsmouth and Windsor. Any other suggestions for local events. Yes we will meet

New Runner good luck with NY, sorry BK and family missed you
  • I did actually see you (cant have been two many 2 blue knee candidates?) I shouted over but perhaps you didn't hear me?! Were you wearing glasses? What's the thread you and RB are going on about???
  • Blue knees,

Myself and Mrs DW are doing Theale as well. Hopefully see you there?