Options

Unfunny Comments!

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think everyone's got their funny stories. I got my Christmas hat taken off me by some young lad :(, but I clipped him rond the ear, and told him I knew his mum! Not that I did, but it worked! (this was December, by the way, not a recent incident!)
  • Options
    Had a fabulous one, doing a long (for me) run down the Grand Union Canal. 28 degree heat, half an hour to go and run through this huge number of teenies/tweenies having a party.

One girl asked for some water. Not one to pass a fair maiden in distress I stopped and offered my water bottle. A couple of bewildered blinks later I realised she wanted to keep the bottle. I thought she was taking the p*ss, but the boy friend suitable embarrassed rescued it for me.

Off course, I don't need water. While she with tonnes of beer in reach, didn't quite understand the irony.
  • Options
    I have loads of comments shouted at me. One stands out the most.

When running along a main road one evening I hear someone shout from a car coming up behind me, "look there's Nellie the Elephant", as the car past I see a big fat bloke, grinning at me, talk about pots and kettles.

• Options
    I always feel so left out when this subject comes up, the worst thing anybody's ever said to is "mornin' " - what I am doing wrong?
  • Options
    Dave, you're six years old lad.

There's time yet.
  • Options
    Ran passed the graveyard the other day and went past a guy with a dog - said to him "Mornin'". "No" he replied, "Just walkin' the dog".
  • Options
    A few years back I ran past a couple of young chavs in their matching Ars*nal football tops. One of them turned as I approached and with one hand held up a two fingered salute and with the other hand showed me his index finger. I plodded past without much thought except a nagging worry about the index versus middle finger and a concern that I had missed a “new insulting gesture”, probably of a late night Channel 4 origin.

A few moments later I cracked up laughing having realised too late that I was running in my Spurs shirt, he had been indicating the latest score between the two teams (yes Spurs had lost again) and had been quick witted enough to realise that as I was wearing headphones he was going to have to mime his insult. I was impressed by that! Little w@nker.

• Options
    Tend not to receive too many funny comments and wouldn’t respond if I did - am usually out of earshot by the time any comments have had a chance to sink in. Actually (embarrassingly) it's qite often me passing comments on sheep like pedestrians, idiot cyclists and imbecile drivers.

Earlier this year running through South East London I'd often see this Asian lad out running. I'd often see him whilst I was puffing and panting up a particular hill (from Lee Green up towards Grove Park) - he’d be bounding on down towards me, tall, broad shouldered, big mop of black hair and the brightest and broadest of grins. The first time I saw him I nodded and said hello whilst he pointed at me and shouted accusingly “Jogger!” Cheeky s0d – I was working bloody hard up that hill and he accuses me of being out for a jog! Next few times I saw him he break into a huge grin and shout “Still jogging?” Couldn’t help laughing despite still feeling insulted.
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    (((((Dave)))))

thank you!!

I feel the same!

¦oD
  • Options
    ROFLOL DTs,
    If you run in a Spudz shirt, you are just opening up a new avenue for peops to insult you surely. Brave man indeed.

• Options
    I don't mind being heckled if it is friendly and funny but it is the insults that people shout at you which I object to.
  • Options
    Me and a clubmate got beeped/sirened at by a female ambulance driver last week.