fat club Mon 18th

Comments

• Good day all

Back down to 13st 3lb (where I was before my hols)

Generally feeling a bit blue today so finding it hard to get motivated (so it’s a good job its my rest day)

PS I’ve eaten a double box of Jafa Cakes this weekend – not good – one box whilst out on my MTB yesterday and the other just seems to have gone ;o)

Had quit a good weekend training wise – got in a 95min log run and a 4hr MRB ride

Will
  • Scarlett - they're going to book it for 18 months time.. they're moving house just after Xmas (as her ex has moved in directly opposite her - and has been seen peering through her windows at 2am/3am!!). Since she's been with Jamie, she's also had rubbish put through her letterbox in the middle of the night (soiled babies nappies & other unmentionables!!) - no prizes for guessing who's responsible for that little lot!!! I have never seen her so happy though as she is now.. she's back to the Sarah I used to know!! HOORAY!!! By the way, I've just rung my mates who I went out with on Friday - they said I didn't do anything too bad (as it's all a blur to me..), but that I did stumble over outside the pub... oh dear... (wondered why my legs were bruised!!!!)..
  • Even if you don't normally go there, please pop across to the training thread and say hello to Psi. He's had some shattering news and I'm not surprised that Triple F hasn't been the most important thing to him this weekend.
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone. Oh sorry, it's already afternoon.

Congrats to everyone on Brighton, hope you all enjoyed it. I had a lovely time splashing around Baggeridge country park for the Suicide Six, got covered in mud in the first mile after falling twice. Fortunately some of it got washed off going through the river near the end. Hardly limping at all today :-)
  • Hi all.

Benz just sent you an email about Speedy G! Need some info.
    Thanks

• Snails Pace - Hi, how is Speedy G doing by the way?
  • JJ love the new piccie.
    EP wish I'd met you. I was too late to get to the pier before the race. Well done tho' After the last few weeks thats a result.

now got to get back on yhe diet...no excuse of needing to stock up for a race THIS week.....
  • Hi MIchelle...not too good I'm afraid :( Going to be in hospital a while yet and been put out of action for a minimum of three months with some activities like her diving strictly a no no from now on. Still trying to get proper answers from the hospital but it's like trying to get blood out of a stone.

Thanks for asking. :)
  • Oh dear.. I'm sorry to hear that SP.. please give her my love and tell her I'm thinking of her.. xxx
  • afternoon fitties

well done everyone for the weekends exertions

yesterday thigh was very stiff - but today it feels almost normal - phew - so should be ok for walking class tonite which will be good as Ive skived off the last 2!

weights back down to 13 4 which is only 2lbs up - food isnt much of a problem at the moment - not really eaten a lot over last couple of days

today just had porridge - made with water and with apple juice and honey and a banana

also I have no cookies in the house so im cold turkeying - watch this space!

have a good Monday everyone

• Got goose pimples yet, Bune? Seeing chocolate chip cookies hanging from the ceiling? Getting that bakery-counter scent wafting at you from the unlikeliest of places?

SP, best wishes to your sis and I hope you do manage to get some useful answers soon. It may be that her docs are genuinely telling you as much as they know themselves at the moment, even if it doesn't seem to be the full story.

I had an unexpected curry for lunch. Swimming in the orange stuff that sets hard in the fridge, but I picked out and blotted the meat as much as I could. The pilau rice and okra sludge were a deliciously lost cause, though. Ah, well, a SMALL dinner is in order tonight. Unless I'm tempted by the leftover curry, of which there is loads because the fussy monkeys that work for me are either on diets, don't eat funny foreign food, or are observing Ramadan.
  • I have however still got a bag of thorntons treacle toffee...

thanks for the support on Friday everyone - im feeling much more like my tiggerish self again - sunshine excercise and good listeners -ta

ive decided to give myself 2 weeks off from fretting about not having a job and put that enrgy into getting a bit fitter and healthier - so this week - although i may not be running - swimming and the gym is on the agenda

mens sana in thingummy doda!
  • Mmmm, seem to have a craving for carbs today. Have consumed 1/2 a malt loaf, dried apricots (that should be fun later!), cold leftover vegetable risotto and anything else I could lay my hands on. That should replenish the lost glycogen!
  • Back from a 12 miler!!!!!!!!!

Legs hurt, lots.

Bune & JJ - Nice new pics. I keep thinking about changing mine again, but you can only do so much with a fox.

Mrs Filbert actually gave birth to a healthy vixen cub four weeks ago, yesterday, which brings the litter to a total of two. My first born is 4 1/2 and is starting to do a good impression of Bart Simpson - Doh!
  • EP are you talking to me?

Pleeese

• Hi everyone,

Congrats to everyone who ran yesterday!

I didn't get out much last week (only twice, in fact), so it's hardly surprising that I seem to have put a couple of pounds back on, since I was also comfort eating during the week when I felt a little low.

Then I went out to do a 5-miler yesterday, and made the mistake of running up a pretty steep hill, which goes on for half-a-mile, after I'd only been running for about 4 minutes. I wanted to cry by the time I reached the top, and just about struggled home from there, by which point I could barely walk (seriously). Net result? Ran TWO miles and now I'm feeling highly demoralised.

And my calves REALLY hurt, and Im wondering if I've done something to myself (probably not, but it gives me an excuse to moan at all around me)...

V-rap: there's nothing quite like a surprise curry, is there!

• Bart Simpson impersonations at 4 1/2? Now, there's a sign of a kid babysat by the video player ;-)

When we were on hols in July, I heard a child going "Aaaaaw" and thought it was my own Tinkerbell. It wasn't, it was a little Scottish boy. Tinkerbell may be half-Scottish, but she has a Brummie accent you could use to sharpen knives, and I said to the other child's father that it was odd how his four-year-old and my four-year-old made the same noise when thwarted. He told me why - "Bart Simpson".

Does the Bart like the baby? Well done to all of you. Hope she turns out to be like Lisa Simpson - I think she's really cool.

Respect for the 12-miler. I like your pic, but my Tinkerbell thinks the poor fox has blood dripping from its mouth.
  • Thanks EP:-) (relieved)

12 mile Filbert your week off is doing you good. Congrats on the new one. My 4.5 year old does a very good spoiled brat impression. Funny things. Is he in reception yet?
  • Yep Mrs Nick B took it. I look in serious pain. Mr J was very impressed.
  • Hello fat clubbers :)

JJ, you look gorgeous, you can't be in this club anymore! ;)

Are there more Forumite brighton pics where yours came from (ie. on a webpage) or was it just a custom job? ;)
  • Running with the belly of the buddha aka Buddhabelly

and those of you who know your buddhas will recognise the laughing or happiness buddha!

actually Ive just figured out how to play with pictures on my pc!
  • Cant be bothered scrolling all 5 pages of today - does anyone want to give a synopsis..? Am tired. Anyway, have been good today... banana and apple for breakfast (complete with pips which are supposedly a source of Vit B17 - a cancer cure thingy suplement) anyway also had organic salad with (stinky) organic cheese for lunch and fresh orange juice. So am doing fairly well - well, I will do until Thursday anyway :o)
  • Cath, the synopsis is: Some of us are here under false pretences, such as the "not fat at all" JJ and Maccy (and me, but I never claimed to be fat!!)

spies!! ;)

bune - that picture is ace!
  • Psi

Nick B's website is

http://www.thebabingtons.co.uk/

go to event reports Theres redhead there as well as venom and Jon