Grizzly 2005

Comments

• ....... failing that you can do it on the day before 9.30 at race HQ.
  • Well well FFG, fancy that!

Dan is apparently injured so no competition there - I might try and get a number as well - we can talk later
  • I hope to be there (doing the Cub Run only though!), but depends on logistics, dog and child care (as not staying this year as previous years...)

• OK, here goes time to confess!

Grizzly "1000 steps for mankind"

BayRunner - No 1571
    HMG - No 112
    Iain
    Ian bawler
    Iluvmud
    Juggler
    jw in bristle
    Kam
    LW* - no 3172 (cub run)
    Lin C
    Mak's Friend (less Mak)- No 1020
    Moe - No 223
    My left knee - No 515
    oldhasbeen (cub run)
    pab
    Plum - No 673
    RW* - no 55
    Saucony-in-the-sky! No 21
    Supervet
    Seabird
    snap
    Vampire - No 222
  • Saucony, will u b wearing the Saucony Approach for the big day then?

It's getting closer and colder, we might have a white Grizzly this year, that would be nice or not?!
  • ......... It'll be all white I suppose!

........Ok! I'm going............

<trudges off to sound of groans>
  • yep, The Approach will be getting me round (hopefully!)

Surely the snow will have gone by then!

Actually I don't think I'll mind the snow, so long as it's not raining too hard and blowing a gale!!! I've heard the stories of last year!
  • Ah, last year :)

What a rare beastie of a race that was!

Got my no through yesterday - 1964 will be having a very uncertain race based on the amount of training I haven't done - Oooops!
  • Iain - I'm doing the Cub run this year and I haven't done any training at all really (due to depression, recent asthma diagnosis, dad having cancer etc) so just hoping to get round in one piece!

Last year was a rough year - let's hope the weather is a little kinder to us this year.

I will be staying in Beer for the Fri and Sat nights (as kids need to be back for school on the Monday) with dog too.

My number is 3131 so if you see me please say hi. Depending on the weather I may wear my URWFRC baseball cap so I will be easier to see!
  • I see they're not including the usual two miles of pebble beach this year. There is a god.

Grizzly "1000 steps for mankind"

BayRunner - No 1571
    HMG - No 112
    Iain
    Ian bawler
    Iluvmud - No. 548
    Juggler
    jw in bristle
    Kam
    LW* - no 3172 (cub run)
    Lin C
    Moe - No 223
    My left knee - No 515
    oldhasbeen (cub run)
    pab
    Plum - No 673
    RW* - no 55
    Supervet
    Seabird
    snap
    Vampire - No 222
  • SeelaSeela ✭✭✭
    Got a place going (not mine somebody else's) email me if you want it! The runner wants the cost of the entry fee.
  • BayRunner - No 1571
    HMG - No 112
    Iain
    Ian bawler
    Iluvmud - No. 548
    Juggler - 1359
    jw in bristle
    Kam
    LW* - no 3172 (cub run)
    Lin C - 1360
    Moe - No 223
    My left knee - No 515
    oldhasbeen (cub run)
    pab
    Plum - No 673
    RW* - no 55
    Supervet
    Seabird
    snap
    Vampire - No 222

Just a quick update to add our numbers. There seem to be a lot of spare places floating around this year, what's that about?!!!!
  • BayRunner - No 1571
    Creamcake (cub run) - 3131
    HMG - No 112
    Iain
    Ian bawler
    Iluvmud - No. 548
    Juggler - 1359
    jw in bristle
    Kam
    LW* - no 3172 (cub run)
    Lin C - 1360
    Moe - No 223
    My left knee - No 515
    oldhasbeen (cub run)
    pab
    Plum - No 673
    RW* - no 55
    Supervet
    Seabird
    snap
    Vampire - No 222

Can't wait to get Reading Half out of the way and get down to some real running!!
  • fraid its looking increasingly likely that i will be another retirement from main event although I may consider hobbling around the fun run!
  • forgot to ask- do fun runners still get the t-shirt; and "fun run" is taken in the lighest possible context
  • BayRunner - No 1571
    Creamcake (cub run) - 3131
    HMG - No 112
    Iain
    Ian bawler
    Iluvmud - No. 548
    Juggler - 1359
    jw in bristle
    Kam
    LW* - no 3172 (cub run)
    Lin C - 1360
    Moe - No 223
    My left knee - No 515
    oldhasbeen (cub run)
    pab
    Plum - No 673
    RW* - no 55
    Supervet
    Seabird - now doing Cub
    snap
    Vampire - No 222
  • Bayrunner no 1571
    Creamcake (cub run) 3131
    HMG 112
    IAIN
    IAN BAWLER
    LLUVMUD 548
    JUGGLER 1359
    IW IN BRISTLE
    KAM
    LW* 3172 (CUB RUN)
    LIN C 1360
    MAKS FRIEND (LESS MAK) 1020
    MOE 223
    MY LEFT KNEE 515
    OLDHASBEEN (cub run)
    PAB
    PLUM 673
    RW* 55
    SAUCONY-IN-THE-SKY 21
    SUPERVET
    SEABIRD (NOW DOING CUB)
    SNAP (NOW DOING CUB) 1280
    VAMPIRE 222

ANY IDEA OF CONDITIONS FOR THE WEEKEND FOLKS?
    ALSO WHAT ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF A GROUP PHOTO PRIOR TO RACE(S)
  • Snap - Good idea re. the "team" photo. We need to arrange a time and place to do it, away from the main crowd. Any ideas anyone?
  • The forecast seems good, for Saturday anyway sunny 8C, last week it was quite wet and muddy but hopefully this week of dry weather will dry the ground up a bit.

Luckily I got the trail shoes but they soon got clogged with mud and I could of been wearing slippers after a few miles.

How did Reading go creamcake?
  • Hi Bayrunner

Reading went ok - I hadn't trained at all (depression, dad's cancer etc etc) so just wanted to get round. Official time was 2 hrs 58 (which I dispute I'm sure clock said 2hrs 57 when I crossed the line!) and chip time was 2hrs 47 mins! If I hadn't had to stop for about 10 mins in the toilet stop queue, I would have been even quicker!! (Yes, there were a couple of "tardis" toilets at each water station!). Did a recovery 30 min run last night and legs are a bit achey but it's mainly my neck that aches (doesn't like road running impact - whiplash from RTA 4 yrs ago...)

Which trail shoes have you got, BTW? I did it in Saucony Aura last year and it was so muddy that I was slippy sliding on some bits!! Not sure whether to use Inov8 Terroc or Saucony Approach this year...

Another other Grizzliers offer advice as to which shoe I should wear??

Hears hoping for a gale and rain free day on Sunday!!

• Fell shoes, you just have to bear(!) the tarmac and the resulting wear on the shoe, you'll be more than thankful for them as you cross off cambered muddy patches, of which there are rather a lot!
  • fell shoes at the ready then - and not my nice shiny new silver ones either!
  • Creamcake I got the Asics Tioga which is the follow on from the Guts and the one behind the Eagle, they seem to be OK a bit of cushioning on the road and more grip off road.

I also did Reading and had slow recovery last night, legs were a bit sore. I will try a longer run tonight.
  • SeelaSeela ✭✭✭
    Weather forecast is somewhere between -1 and +8, and sunny on Sunday. Since it hasn't rained properly around here for some time it should be fairly dry under foot. Except the rivers and bogs of course!

I'm going for Asics Guts as my usual off road shoes.

Getting excited now!
  • Hmmmm, I might get away with leaving the Walshes at home then. I can always take it a bit easy through the bog if it means a bit more comfort on the roads/pebbles.

Getting nervous now!
  • fell shoes, trail shoes, fell shoes, trail shoes, fell shoes, trail shoes, fell shoes, trail shoes, fell shoes, trail shoes, fell shoes, trail shoes, fell shoes, trail shoes, fell shoes, trail shoes ...................... S*d it! flip a coin on Sunday morning! :-)))))
  • I bought some new shoes especially for the Grizzly (ok maybe it was just an excuse!), so I'll be wearing them "Terroc" from inov8 and hope my achiles survive the run!

i'll be wearing my YTRRC so hopefully there will be a few of us there!:-)
  • Flippin eck!! Soph, you've been quite lately! where you been hiding?
  • been busy believe it or not?! not sure doing what tho!LOL