Options

Grizzly 2005

Comments

• Options
    Mak's friend, hope u'll be alright for your next Event:-) So am I known as The Girl who was stuck in the bog then?!

Iain, sounds like u had a good run. I know what u mean about starting too far back, when I run the 1st hill it was really hard I had to say excuse me to everybody as they were all walking and a lot of peopple took the p*ss at me coz I was running!

Well Done Creamcake?
  • Options
    Not my best run at the Grizzly but probably the most enjoyable due to the dry course, no trying to stay upright on off cambered hillsides etc!

Vampire took lots of photos, so I shall forward to those that I know and no doubt stick a few on our website.

Bad form on the few that decided to jump the queue for the gate and go through the hedge and over the fence, all within view of the farmer rolling the field! Do they want to give the Grizzly organisers problems? I wish I could remember their club name (they had all red vests), I'd write to them myself!

Sorry to hear of your injury MtdF, I thought you had beaten me when I saw you at the line, didn't think I would have missed you if you had gone by.

Roll on June! be able to stop at the Fountain Head and enjoy it properly! ;-)))
  • Options
    What a great day out after the appalling weather last year. My only complaint is that a certain someone wouldn't let me stand in the queue for the firemen, but made me go in the sea instead!

In total agreement with Moe (for once!) regarding June, Fountain Head and beer. What was your spot prize Moe?
  • Options
    Well that was fun!
    So who's up for the Stagger?
  • Options
    just back after another enjoyable grizzly, did 3.03 in the end, the last bit of beach finished me off. signed up for the midsummmer pub crawl as well.
  • Options
    SeelaSeela ✭✭✭
    Thanks Moe. Hip isn't too sore today, so it was a wise move to cut short.

Are you going cw or ccw in June?

BTW there are only 2 team places left for the Wessex Ridgeway if YTRRC wants to enter.
  • Options
    Lin, £10 voucher for Ironbridge which equated to spending £30 on a pair of Grizzly's!!!

Lluvmud, please can we enjoy the summer first?!

JW, shhh! keep the Dream bit otherwise people will just think we're a load of p*ss heads!

MF, We always go cw (took a minute to figure that out!), Mixy was looking at WR team, I think I'm in the middle of nightshifts on the day.

I distinctly remember thinking, about two thirds distance that I didn't want to do the Grizzly anymore but now I think yeah I'll never miss the Grizzly! Anyone else?
  • Options
    Moe - Six miles to go soaking wet feet sliding about inside my shoes, I was thinking what am I doing this is crazy, after finishing told the wife that was fun but never again. Now I can't wait for next year!

Just been out for a 6 mile recovery run, my legs are really sore now!!

Anyone any idea when the photos will be up on the web?
  • Options
    BR, thought so, I think its an illness!

Ran a few times round the netball courts with the school kids this morning, thought better of doing high knees etc!

up to last year they have always posted the photos to you, often quite a while after the event.
  • Options
    Tks for the piccies Moe, it looks like u were enjoyeing it!:-)
    Lin & Juggler, u were running so fast I didn't even get a chance to c u! I'll have to catch up with u at the MSD:-)

Well Done all :-)How everybody's feeling? legs are a bit sore but I can still walk so that's ok, going for a 4/5 miles gentle run tomorrow night.

When is the Stagger?
    MidsummerDream is now Full, I noticed yesterday on the website so i hope u all have already enter!

Hmg
  • Options
    Where on earth did you get the idea I was enjoying it? I was in acute pain! ;-)

Staggers in October.
  • Options
    HMG - how did you get on wearing your Terrocs?

• Options
    HMG - Sorry we missed you, actually we didn't bump into many people despite loitering at Race HQ for quite some time afterwards (long enough to part with hard earned cash and take new shoes home!)

The Grizzly is definitely an illness, I only ever planned on doing it once just to see what all the fuss was about..........
  • Options
    well that was fun, I was never going to do a good time because of my ankle and i was actually worried that i would even survive the first bit of the beach without turning the ruddy thing. Took me over 4 hours but some of that was taken up by spending about 20 minutes in the bog trying to dig HMG out and then helping people up the bank the other side but i didnt care as it wa a nice day out and lovely weather as well, What happened to the water splash on the beach, I was looking forward to having a wash and brush up there before the finish.

will I do it again .............. of course
  • Options
    Mother nature was kind to us this year and sent the river under the bach instead of through it! I had a bad experience there last year, on the way back I decided to launch from the top and clear as much as I could but as soon as I hit the water my legs seized!! ........... OUCH!
  • Options
    Chris - I saw that, will press a Stagger entry form into your hand in the Autumn...
  • Options
    Hello 90m! Didn't you fancy a Grizzle then Dave?!
  • Options
    Hi all - just to say I really enjoyed my first cub run and will be back next year - not sure about the whole Grizzly though - and really pleased with my time (1:42) which was much better than I expected. At least the comments above explain the river. I'd heard all these stories about crossing a river and then I arrived at a stream barely ankle deep..........

90mins If you're looking for Richard's name on the results you won't find it - he had to pull out due to sickness - first time ever.

Is anyone doing Exmoor Seaview? (I think there's a thread somewhere). Lots of coastal paths and hills but without boggy bits and ???shingle. I'm almost tempted but it is twice as far as the cub..........
  • Options
    Moe, I know what u mean!:-)
    Creamcake, I tho my Terroc were great on off-road and road aswell, but I got a couple of bliters tho. What shoes did u have?
    Plum, I hope when I was on your foot in the bog it wasn't your poorly 1!
    LW, I'll be doing the Exmoor Seaview too, not sure where's the thread gone.
    Hi 90 minutes:-) how's the training going?
  • Options
    I can't wait to see the photos of you lot stuck in the bog!! :-)))))
  • Options
    ................ Found what?????
  • Options
    me too :-) I think?!
    I never got that close and dirty with so many men at the same time!
  • Options
    I told you they were enjoying it, they could have got you out in seconds if they had really needed to!!
  • Options
    .......... the photos will probably be quite telling!
  • Options
    When I got stuck (2002) nobody helped me out :-((

............. obviously I got out in the end!
  • Options
    Hope the training run went OK 90mins!

HMG - I wore Saucony Approach (bog standard ones - sorry for the pun! - not the new improved Grizzly Approach!) - probably could have got away with my Hurricanes as there wasn't much mud and water. Turned my ankle near Beer Head Caravan Park (going back!) - not sure whether some support would have helped or not (I am an overpronator and have real trouble decided what shoes to wear doing offroad/multiterrain!).

Moe - if I'd been there I would have helped you out of the bog but I don't think I will ever have enough energy or legs to do the full Grizzly. I think the Cub is going to be my limit!
  • Options
    You obviously don't have HMG's "pulling power" Moe!
  • Options
    LOL!

....... nice one!