PROVISIONAL Helphire Bath Half-Marathon

Comments

• Wrinty...
    so then a Yellow Fat Limping Man with a Gun...
    Sounds like something out a James Bond Film!

See At the Line...
    Stace.
    {:o)¬<
  • hilly - apologies, you speedy Weymouth lass - You can kick me as you overtake me on the second lap :-)

Stace - I'm not saying anything about fat limping men :-)
    RD
  • Thanks Hilly - personally, I'd never run in a group with someone like me ! Pacing has never been my strong point !!

Get well soon Wrinty - and thanks in advance for Sunday...

One big question which is troubling me deeply. Will there be music this year ??

eg

- the famous Bath HM BAG PIPER
    - the samba band (maybe I'm thinking Bristol ?)
    - residents annoying their neighbours by playing loud europop

(etc)

please say yes someone !!!!!!!!!!!

• Wrinty - you lucky devil! Having worn the yellow flouresecnt jacket in the finish funnel for the last couple of years, I know what fantatstic fun it is, and know that everyone here will be dead jealous of your esteemed position! How much did you have to pay Mr Taylor for the honour? (and thanks for the e-mail re Shaw - I'll pass it around)

Oft - the samba band should be there (son's girlfriend's parents bang a big drum in it!). The noisy resident on the Upper Bristol Rd is a mate - any requests as you go by?
  • WrintyWrinty ✭✭✭
    Stace, I have also been intoroduced to the delights of Volterol today which is killing the pain in my foot. It also allows me to perform body piercings and hold my hand over an open flame. So no misbehaving in the start/finishing area.
  • So you're able to run again Wrinty? Or is it fly? .....Does it mix well with beer?
  • Oft-grand slam fever-LOL, I'm a bit worried about that one (and the amount of alcohol I might consume in pub on saturday afternoon if we do manage to pull it off or the amount of alcohol I might consume if we don't!) I will have two other bath halfers with me who I'm sure will keep an eye on my glugging;-)
    Well done on f of d, hoping to do that one next year as we have been up and run it as a training run in prep for this one and thought it was a beautiful course.

OBW-any chance of one of tears for fears or bonnie tyler's singles being played please? (I know they aren't exactly europop but they are great to run too)
  • Wrinty...
    Me? Mis-behave?

R.D...
    How's the leg?
    Went out last night with SC & UFM 5 mile 37:08 half an hour in the gym then half an hour in the bar.

Gonna try to Run With UFM on Sunday although by 3 miles in, I'm usually watching the back of her get smaller and smaller!
    Take it steady on Weds/Thursday, Plenty of rice until then.
  • Oh... I Nearly Forgot, My request for the street motivational music is... "I Get Knocked Down, But I Get Up Again" by Chumbawhamba...
    :o)
  • Stace - The leg is still a little stiff, but a whole load better, thanks. Went to the gym yesterday, did 10 mins on rower and upper body weights stuff. Plan a session on the X-trainer this morning 30-40 mins - just see how it goes. I'll leave it until tomorrow/Thursday before trying a run. I'd feel happier running at least a bit before Sunday.

Nice run for you by the sounds of it - pb for you my boy!
    RD
  • Hi all I'm going too. Hoping for 1:26 ish 1:25 will be fab, both pb's for me.

If you've not run it before Bath is a great HM. Well supported, organised and a great atmosphere. My favourite HM of the year. Mind you I only do about 4 :-).

See you all there, not that I'll recognise anyone from a distant inch square picture! ;-)

If it's cold I'll be wearing my blue Ace race buff.
  • Blisters, LLL looks like we are aiming for a similar pace 6:30mm so hope to spot you at the tent.
  • Hi RD. Been out of circulation for a bit and catching up on threads. Sorry to see you've tweaked a calf, if it doesn't feel right don't push it, you don't want to be out for a long time.

I should have taken my own advice at Longleat. Haven't had a proper training run yet alone a race since, still hoping to do the Easter Bunny but even that flat 10K looks doubtful.

Have to see what the doc says and how bad the sciatic is between now and then. If you do race Sunday, have a good one but go careful.

Hilly, saw a lot of red vest doing training runs in Weymouth over the weekend, hopefully I will join in some of these this year.
  • Birdy Pie
    Blisters (2107)(1:25)
    BD(formerly known as blond dog, husband of the lovely BB of Kitchen fame)945 1.40
    Bodjit
    Chaos (1:21 if racing, 1:50 if pacing...)
    Chynah (sub 2.15)
    Essy (1:58)
    Glugg (Race No.2822)(hoping to do 85mins)
    Grubbysoles (2:05)
    Graham "Legs in threads" - before it starts getting dark.
    Head Gone (Hope to finish this year)(1540) 2:30
    Hilly
    iPlod (2880) 1:50 - 1:55
    Josie Jump (sub 2hr attempt)
    Josie's big little bro (first half)
    Josie's little little bro (first half)
    LLL-(1:24)
    Mitten - (1:50:00ish!!)
    Monkfish (first half)
    Mr J (first half)
    Musketeer (4173)
    Norma (2:05)
    Oft 1966 (89:59)
    Pablo Honey (1st sub 1:55 attempt)
    Pompey Jon (1:59.59)
    Pompey Jon's Bruv (1:59.58 probably)
    Powelly (1:42)
    Raggy (sub 1.45)
    Ratcatcher (1:30)
    Rocks 2093 (1:25)
    RogerDodge 4222 (2:30-2:40)
    Skipp (first half)
    Snail (2:20-2:30)
    Spans
    Stace. 1033 (sub 1:50) I hope!
    Tea & Toast Man (1:35-1:37)
    The Doc (Race No 516)
    The Ed (Race No 1077)
    Tixylix (Race No. 1495)
    Toucan
    Zoom (AKA Zzz) (Race no.2020)(first half)(2:10-2:25)
    WhichWayNow 1:30ish I hope!
    alan p 1:24
    alan e 1:29, I hope, but expect 1:31...
    GMAC (Race No 569) 1:45
    Mrs GMAC (Race No 2682) 1:45
  • musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭
    Looks like it could a warm weekend - Radio Bristle talking about 18C on saturday
  • Rain for Sunday though :-(

Metcheck for Bath

This site is, unfortunately, pretty damn accurate.
    RD
  • Anyone hear a runner being interviewed on GWR-F M this morning?

(cos it was me)
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Are you moving to the area Bullseye or is it work related that brings you?

RD, sorry I must have sounded a bit conceited! I'm not honestly, I'm nice really:o)

That's ok oft, men are known for their poor pacing, which is why some stick to us women like stalkers in distance races!:o)

I take it all those entries that were available through runners world are gone now and there's no entries on the day? I know someone who wouldn't mind doing it, but I think it's a bit late.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    yep, they are I just checked.
  • hilly - I know you're lurverly. If I decide against this, I'll drop you an email, your friend would be welcome to my place, hypothetically speaking, of course ;-)

Hope everyone else is OK, not long now.
    RD
  • Rogerdodge-You charming the ladies again.Did you have a lie in this morning.The lights were off when i drove past at 9:15am.

Wrinty-Can you do us a favour and hold Hilly and Blisters back at the start,their training like demons at the moment.There obsessed,pure animals.Are you joining us for a beer after?

Stace-Your leg must be better going by your latest training run,mind you always easier when your behind a women.Can i come along next time.lol.

My legs are slowly coming round so i might break the 1:25 jinx this time.
  • Careful with that number swapping, the race director may be lurking.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    We aren't swapping.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    LLL, it's blisters you have to watch not me. I think he's getting fired up for this one!:o)
  • Is there something happening on Sunday?

I've read a few of the race reports on the daily thread and realised that the best preparation is half a bottle of red wine the night before. Get up late. Panic about getting to the race. Abandon car. Run to start area. Strip off, don't stretch, gun goes off without any delays. The adrenalin coursing through the veins virtually guarantees that you take minutes off your pb.

Or throw up.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Thanks K2. I've passed on the message.
  • Morning folks..

LLL - what's a lie-in? Nah - gym first thing, then on-site at customer.

Bullseye - just spotted your post, matey. Sorry to hear you're still injured - let's hope there's good news from the doc. Did some more cross-training at the gym this morning and 5 mins on treadmill which didn't feel too uncomfortable. On balance, I think I'll turn up and see how it goes - I can always pull up and get to the pub before Jason and blisters :-)

Wrinty - I've suffered with gout in the past (not for 12 months fortunately) - I keep Voltarol as a precaution. I'd not thought of trying it to ease the pain. Not sure about the hand in the fire trick though :-)

RD
  • Hi Hilly, Live in Bristol but visit Weymouth some weekends.

RD. They've even stopped me from using the rowing machine as well so it's recumbant bike and weight machines which I can use lying on my back, not allowed to sit and use weights due to pressure down the spinal column.

Been here before, just frustrating after almost getting there, now just have to be patient and start again.

Good luck to everyone, the organisation and weather has to be better than last year which I watched but will not spectate this year, I get too frustrated not being able to participate.