Options

Training help to finish in 3.30.

I began running about a year ago and did 2 1/2 marathons in the fall finishing around 2.05. I have gotten a bit out of it as of late because of time, motivation, and safety (especially with the rapist not caught). I am looking for a good beginners marathon schedule but not just to get around. My aim is to run the whole thing and hopefully finish near 4.30. Any suggestions/motivations would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    I ran 2002 in 4.26 this year (my forst attempt). Visit my website www.smithfamily.me.uk this will show you how to not overtrain, and also gives a list of some of the races I used to prepare.
    Where are you based, have you thought of a club, failing that try asking for a partner on this site.
    If you can complete a half in 2.05 then based on my half time in April (2.00) then you will not have a problem with 4.30)
  • Options
    Ashley-Had a look at your schedule and it looks do-able! How did you know exactly what you mileage was?
  • Options
    You could also try the Hal Higdon schedules (www.halhigdon.com - or something similar!), or the ones that are given on the RW site. Both have different schedules for different abilities/time goals. Good luck!