PROVISIONAL Dartford 10

Comments

• Best bring my sunnies then :-)
  • Damn, I did promise.:) How's it going?
  • Looking forward to Sunday :-) Well the finish line & the bar anyway, not sure about the race, I think it will be hard work!

Got anything lined up for Spring?
  • Forecast of great weather and a brilliant finish. I am hoping anyway
  • What did you have in mind? :)
  • This flu is clinging on badly :-(
    In full training again, but tonsils still inflamed and HR way high. Looks like I need to adjust my time... :-(

1 Tiger
    31 Micksta (57mins)
    212 Johnny J (78 mins)
    227 Leighton Williams 2(90 mins, first race)
    228 SlowButFar (83 mins)
    244 Walthamstow Horizontal (70 mins)
    307 Twisted Blister (70ish)
    331 Mad not Mad (90-99mins)
    372 Longlegs
    377 Puffy (81 Mins)
    380 Jelly Bean
    464 Red or Dead (72 mins)
    490 Mark Nash (99 mins) first time at 10 miles
    561 Pantman (57 min)
    588 Tallguy (80/90 min)
    603 Andrew Burgess 2 (82 mins)
    612 Porcus (70 mins)
    649 Itchyringer
  • At least Micksta may still get a race wih me...
  • PANTMAN:

Were both gonna be lucky to get into the top 10 on 57mins with a 1000 plus entry! lol

Still should be close between us both though, IEK has a reasonable squad so we could get a team prize! ;p
  • Looks like you are going to be having the best finish ever providing it does not rain heavily between now and Sunday afternoon.
  • Bumping this up for tomorrow - hope everyone is healthy and well - have great races!
    See y'all in the morning!
  • Does anybody have a contact telephone number as my friend hasn't received his number yet.
    Thanks
  • Above problem, regarding number, now sorted.
  • Good luck to all runners tomorrow morning!

RedOrDead - No. 464.
  • 77 mins 44 secs. Well pleased as I planned on 81 mins.

Really good race, well organised and weather was great. If anything it surprised me how warm it was. It is mid January after all!
  • boy that was tougher than I expected. The hill halfway round seemed to go on forever and I was struggling a bit in the last mile or so but 77:15 is OK as the first race after christmas...

Thanks to Twisted Blister for running with me - I could not hold on to you after 8 miles though!

Well marshalled but were there any mile markers before the 4 mile marker (apologies if I missed them)?

RedOrDead
  • Yeah, there was one at 2 miles. Were there any between 5 and 9 miles as I didn't see any?
  • Yep I saw every mile marker....
  • PaoliniPaolini ✭✭✭
    There were markers every mile, I thought :-)
    My first race after months of injury - and spot on my anticipated time: 69:46 (so actually 14 seconds inside!) from line to line, so I'm happy!
    A good well organised event - especially the lovely sunny day! Well done, Dartford Road Runners
  • Yes, there were mile markers at every mile! A great race, very well organised (except the start - those of us near the back weren't sure if it had started or not!), lovely route and gorgeous weather! Thank you to Dartford Road Runners.
  • A request to any other runners who took part today , ifyou were wearing any sort of compu-watch that can measure the course did you make it more than 10 miles , my Garmin 201 made it 10.13 miles and up to now i have found it 99% accurate everywhere else , that extra .13 added 54 secs to my time so i wasn`t that impressed.
  • Hi all! What a great event, congrats to the organisers and the marshalls and the police. First ever race, target of 90mins, completed in 81.38!!!

I managed to see the mile markers at except for miles 2 and 3. That hill that starts at 5 miles and goes on past the 6 mile mark was a bit harsh.

Thoroughly enjoyed it though, will be back next year!
  • PaoliniPaolini ✭✭✭
    Yes, Leighton, that hill WAS harsh! But the one just after the 9mile marker killed me as I'd decided to up the pace for the last mile then there was that hill and I started going backwards!

Mountaingirl - I agree the start was a bit congested, and it took me about 20 seconds to get to the starting line after the hooter. Just put it down to good training for the start at FLM!
  • Porcus - it seemed to take me much longer than that to get to the starting line! But I'm pleased with my time anyway - I wanted 1hr 20 mins, I did 1hr 20:30 - not bad considering I did a tough 5 mile cross country race yesterday afternoon!
  • Oh and falcon, I think you might find that .13 of a mile in a ten mile race is 1.3%, so therefore your garmin was 99% accurate today, give .3% either way.
  • Falcon, the course was hard to run the shortest route due to the width of the road and the traffic in places - I imagine nobody ran any shorter than 10.1 - in fact, I'm surprised it was that low.

I woke to tonsils the size of small apples after a terrible run yesterday (HR sky high) - I nearly didn't come at all. As it was I gave it a try as it was Grand Prix event and I want the points.

That said, it went pretty well. The first two were way off the front - I stuck in the main group after them for the first mile or so. Then it became clear (via HRM) that although the pace felt comfortable it was going to take too much out of me while carrying a sickness of some sort. So I eased back a little and after 2M nobody passed me nor did I pass anyone else - a lonely road.

I finished 7th (out of 1100+) in 57:35, PBed by about 6min and got 2nd in my first county champs (which I am absolutely delighted with) - but of course am left with a feeling of "what if" regarding my poor health. I'm sure I'd have got under 56min on a good day (55min was original target) - that said, the course was tougher than I'd expected.

All in all I was pretty pleased with my performance and it was another step in the right direction to my first main goal of the year - Thanet 20 on March 6th.

Congrats to JohnnyJ and Tiger for getting PBs on a difficult course.
  • Well done pants. It was a good day for it, but know what you're saying about the tonsils. Sometimes when you are superfit, you just sit on the edge of bugs and never quite get it (this has happened to me many times in the last year). But with that in mind, that was fantastic!

I think I made the right decision in not racing. I haven't travelled to do any of my training, and didn't even do the county xc champs yesterday - so another week off racing and I will be fit to race again.

Well done JohnnyJ and Tiger too.
  • Elastismash - we did miss you though... :-(
    Hope you are firing on all cylinders when you race again.