PROVISIONAL Dartford 10

Comments

• Unlurking myself here.
    I agree with pantmans decision of joining a club with fast runners if you are fast yourself.
    Also there are other factors when choosing a club like locality,friendliness,competitiveness. Its a personal choice.
    As for IEK having something up there sleeves thats new to me apart from there over 50`s but that no secret.
    So what the big secret at IEK Mr Gore or is it watch this space.
    Dont under-estimate Mr. Forsyth he was an animal at NDR.
  • People people please do not think we are going to allow our faster runners to enter in preference to the plodders like myself.

This is a difficult matter that needs to be handled gently. WE WILL NOT ALLOW JUST THE FASTER RUNNERS TO ENTER. If we allow entries from DRR it will be open to all members. We only hope that not that many DRR's people will want to enter.

That is why club fees are so low I hope that the vast majority of members conscience will be pricked into helping rather than running. How can we not allow people to enter when it is the County Champs? We can enforce it when not the Champs but not when it is .

Isn't this a wonderful way of raising the posts . Controversial or what????????

Lets see what gets said now
  • GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Actually, forget about the elite runners - can you get rid of that hill around 9m please? And if Trevor Simmons is handing out free massage passes again I'll have one of those.

TB/MB - just get a name and stick with it will ya!
  • Maybe there is another more fairer method in sorting out who, if anyone runs the race in a DRR vest, presuming of course that all marshall posts etc are fully staffed.

Maybe the club should simply draw out of a hat a set number of numbers, every DRR runners fast or slow, male or female etc, gets put in and then stands equal chance of running the race, no arguments there!

Just a suggestion mind!

• Pants, third fastest runner! lol yeah right, who has the fastest times so far this year then, over 10k, Marathon and 10-mile so far? ;p

Ive done the race the last two years, and I do know exactly how fit you are and would not underestimate you in race conditions, but even you would have to be shovelling along at a fair rate of knots to go sub 55, ask Dave he would confirm this as well! Not impossible but very unlikely!

Dam, I also missed the thread regarding yesterdays run, I would have welcomed you if I had realised, did 3-laps in the end about 7miles total, really slippery but my new spikes felt good.

I often train in the park fridays, so maybe nearer xmas we can have a run out if you like.
  • Chunky - Sounds the fairest option assuming it works - why not insist that all DRR memebers who run provide at least two family/friends to marshall in their place?
    I know that if I wanted to do the county champs enough I'd find two peeps - even if I had to pay them...

MB - Animal? I thought I was a bit of a pussy cat after 20K - next year...
    And E-mail me about that achilles, BTW...

Micksta - we should do that - my spikes will need a few run outs. Hope you guys have a good XC race tomorrow.
    And I only spoke of hoping to be in 55min 10M shape by then - I know next to nothing of the course so it was not a prediction for actual performance. Anyways, I haven't raced since ND30K, so until Nov 14th (Bexhill HM), I'm as much in the dark as anyone...
    Mind you I hope the 125M last week will have helped... ;-)
  • hmmmm interesting... seems like Micksta could be onto something !... just had a look at the sparrows den results and a couple of IEK runners feature fairly highly, ....one of them in the top 20, which is no mean feat in a field of that quality :)

• Exactly Gareth, and that very runner is a member of the training squad I train with at IEK ;p So, M&Ms be aware, we are coming to get you!!! hee hee hee

Pants, we need to discuss this at the club, get some dates arranged etc, the course I do, is the Boxing day cross country race course, but I just add an extra lap for mileage, its a good test, for spike and runner :)

Have you guys seen Thanet Roadrunners new recruit? he left everyone standing at the Boughton 10K, looks like next years Dartford 10, could be the most open yet if teams field full squads!

• yes saw that Micksta, Mahiaddin looks like an excellent recruit for Thanet RR, he was also 3rd at sparrows den last weekend.
  • B-O-I-N-G!

<Pulls up a good ring side seat, pop corn in hand> ;-)
  • Oh look you can enter online now ;-)
  • well that's sorted out the 'my club is better than yours' debate, and we now know officially that DRR does not practice elitism, so let's move on to the more important issue at hand.

i.e. will that fit bird from Shaftesbury Barnet Harriers who ran under 61 minutes in a bikini at this year's Dartford 10 be running again?

• Snoop.

That was me in drag running for my second claim club.

ps. How is Mr. Willmott? Havent seen him in a while.
  • So is running semi naked in January the way to fast times? Aha .....
  • Hi Mpoftwwat!

Nor have I seen him - he went to the States a fortnight ago for a holiday and to do the Chicago marathon, but I understand he was back at work yesterday at the Runners Shop.
  • Must remember to enter on line later.
    Third in a row for me.

If Gaz is on car park duty again don't make me park on the footie pitch again, those players were not too chuffed with me parked over their corner flag lol

• Hi Itchy! How've you been since Thanet last month?
  • The only reason the bird from shaftesbury did 61 mins last year was she had to go that fast to keep out of my clutches..................

I think if i ran in a bikini in January it wouldn't take me long to get round either

anybody sorted out my birthday party yet/

Can we make it a surprise one......
  • I think your talking about Andrea Green, she was a lot faster than 61mins thats for sure, I did 57min and had her snapping at my rear the whole dam race, until I managed to shake her off at the dreaded 9-mile killer hill! lol

She will probably do the race, has done the last two years. maybe I should wear a bikini, then maybe I could dip under 55mins then! lol

• Nah - it was Rosalind Lewis (Gaz's siss?).

Andrea (ex D Harriers) Green was first senior female home, but deffo not showing much naked flesh, unlike Roz..
  • So Snoop you bringing your ultra zoom camera along for the piccie of the starting line this year? ;)
  • This race will certainly be a major one this year locally. I'm enjoying all the bravado here, but am seriosuly considering making this my no.2 goal for the first part of next year - an intermediate goal en-route to FLM rather than "just another rcae" - small taper and all. Sound like it'll be a seriously fast field to test myself against...

Micksta - did you see Sunday's results? Lawman got 2nd (1st in the series as winner was guest). Pretty good time too - would have been hard to beat. I'm hoping to be able to do the one at Eltham on Jan 2nd - will you be there? May be doing 10K the day before too though...

Snoops - your reputation precedes you... ;-)
  • Pantman

But did you see the team results, DRR had a weakened team and still pulled both of. What a start to the XC year.

Where was Invicta's team then I thought the challenge was on from Mr Gore, where were you. KFL not good enough for you now.

• that's fighting talk, Choonks - throwing down the gauntlet is not nice..
  • spesh to such a nice family man as Pants..
  • this is hotting up nicely.. :)

i shall be watching with eager anticipation to see who turns into the home straight first.. ..will it be Pants in the green and white vest ? .. or will it be Mr G in the red vest ! and like Snoop has said, both will probably be chasing the black vests of B&B :)

me'self....i'm aiming for sub 50 at the Canterbury 10 ;) .. move over Mr Coleman :)
  • Chunks - didn't see that - congrats to the teams!

Gareth - this really is turning into a grudge match, isn't it? Great! Bring it on! Like a red rag (vest?) to a bull!
    Seriously, although Micksta is a good friend whatever club he's in (JUDAS!), we had talked about a head to head over 10M sometime as it is between our favourite distances. Add the issue of club betrayal and this is one race that neither fo us will want to lose...
    Glad to see that the conflict is bringing such enjoyment to spectators too! ;-)
  • I will have a word with Martin Forder and see if he will join the battle he is running well at the mo.