Merthyr Mawr Christmas Pud 10km

Comments

• Got it!! Number 257!!

Well, it's still raining...

Christmas has come early - Gills have beaten Rotherham 3-1!!

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way...!!

Weee, wooo!

Just got my "trail" shoes out of the garage - I really wish I had hosed them down now after the slog...
  • Welll... It's wet. Surprising I know. & also annoyingly dark. Hope the organisers can sort that out by tomorrow. Tsk. Really shouldnt be allowed you know, all this dark, much too dangerous. Someone do summat about it - now!
  • Dark - never worried Poppy of course, but then again she is a teensy weensy bit obsessive as we know...

Just focus on the tomato soup and roll after (not to mention the mulled wine!)
  • Greeny....Poppy waves to him....did you call me obsessive I am really hurt by that comment don't know what i have ever done to deserve that stinging remark.....

I do like dark seems all my runs are done in the dark!I have flashing lights for my ankles so i flash as i run does not stop stupid drivers trying to run me off the road!!

I am going to bring a lifejacket FA if you see me struggling in river please chuck it towards me!!

I just pulled my trail shoes out not been used since last years race but have some lock laces on them so i dont have same problem as last year....but do i wear my old trainers instead....shall I wear shorts? or goodness so many questions

I think I may be going slightly mad!!

I cant eat the soup they make have put dairy in it and I am allergic so all I can eat is a breadroll......not worth racing for a breadroll!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WP,
    did try my best to 'dam' the stream but its only going to be several inches deep :(
    Lots of rain here tonight and a high tide expected tomorrow (lunch time) so it should be rather 'boggy' to say the least.

I'll try and encourage all who pass me by :)
  • ps. i'll see you at the road crossing.
  • FA

Thanks will try to look out for you;-)please shout at me if you feel I am not working hard enough!!

You are doing a sterling job what a hero:-)

Boggy oh well tis to be expected....remind me why I have entered this race?
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • FA

I have just had a fantastic idea I shall take your place as marshall and you can be me .....get me a PB please;-)

Also if you do a good job can you be me in

Richard Burton 10K
    Atlantic College 10K
    FLM

and I am sure to think of a few other races for you to be me;-)

Mind you I will want PB in them all;-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Dragon Breath

I can't even use that excuse(I dont drink)

Are you all ready for tomorrow;-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WP,
    sorry, the answers no, i've seen the rain falling tonight and there's no way i'd want to run as i hate getting mucky (i'm too prim and proper) :)

After all tonights rain i have no idea what condition the streams will be in tomorrow, i did my best to 'dam' the first stream you have to cross and it was about 8" deep when i left it, but the second stream is easily passable without getting wet..... well it was at 3pm this afternoon !

• ant, you big girls blouse, mud is your friend!!

The worst I've ever seen the stream is waist deep, and that was in the early 90's, and wasn;t a part of the course. But...if it's deep tomorrow there's only one way to look at it - a warm up for the xmas swim!!!!
  • It certainly won't be waist deep tomorrow !

Still raining heavily though :)

• well the day has dawned - it's still dark actually, but you know what I mean.

It's dry but *very* windy.

8" deep?! Lucky I've been practicing my front crawl!

I think it will be shorts for me, at least legs are waterproof!

Why am I doing this?

See you all later.
  • Morning

Can I have a sick note to be excused please!!!

I will be so cold think I will wear tights!!

See you later
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • 'tights' recommended :)

yep, very windy, with no rain.

make sure you got some spare layers of dry clothing in your cars for after the race, and if you've got sparkly,new running shoes.... Leave them at home !

Have a good race everyone !

• CdK-100
    Dragon Breath
    Duck Girl
    Duck Girl's Mum
    Duck Girl's Dad
    George-113
    Greeny
    oft- 3
    Phil Protheroe sub 54 -203
    Redkite - under the hour, say 58
    Welsh Poppy-15
    Zzz-151

Two Dogs ?
    Melsie ?
    Mathew Jones ?

Mr T - afraid not.
    Steve J and Mrs J
    Marshalling : Flying Ant :)

Mini Dipper
    Phil Jnr - not to be last this year!-635
  • Spare clothing packed and a nice fluffy towel!!

Good luck with the marshalling and make sure you keep warm don't want you catching a chill!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • CdK-100
    Dragon Breath
    Duck Girl
    Duck Girl's Mum
    Duck Girl's Dad
    George-113
    Greeny
    oft- 3
    Phil Protheroe sub 54 -203
    Redkite - under the hour, say 58
    Welsh Poppy-15
    Zzz-151

Two Dogs ?
    Melsie ?
    Mathew Jones ?

Mr T - afraid not.
    Steve J and Mrs J
    Marshalling : Flying Ant :)

Mini Dipper
    Phil Jnr - not to be last this year!-635

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Having dug out my headlight, see someone's fixed the Dark issue. Good show. Is there mulled wine at 1/2way this year or not?
    & WP - being a vegan I'm unlikley to get even a pud out of it - just love those sand dunes - though did first hill reps for a thousand years last night - whyever did i have to choose a flat uni? Getting worried now...
    Good luck to all.
    *wanders off to eat lots of toast*

Good to meet you all, hope you enjoyed your soup and yes I did keep that run going all the way to the car park. Just had a shower and filled the bath with sand. My dodgy foot has started playing up so I've opened a can of pain relief.

Time for a little sleep in front of the cricket.
  • Duck: 54min Yippeee!
    Duck's Mum: Last but enjoyed it
    Duck's Dad: DNF (started too fast up Dipper)

Very slow start for me (at the back with Mum & Dad) so stuck walking top of Big Dipper, but great fun & a fantastic race.
    Thanks a lot to the 2 Father Christmas-costumed ladies who ran in with Mum.
    Absolutely brilliant :) thanks to all.
  • That was hard!!!

It was good to meet you all - what happened to George at the end. Did he slope off??

Thanks Greeny for being the bag man! It was great to be able to change out of my wet gear straight away.

See you in Cwmavon - have a lovely Christmas!
  • Well done all, gutted to have to drop out last minute, but good decision methinks as my chest was quite tight even doing the mini race. Phil Jnr ran a blinder, didn't stop once, and didn't come last by a long way! very proud of his medal as well.

Nice to meet everyone again - Dickie Burton next. By the way if you got a flyer about the Drovers run, then book it in- it makes MM seem like a drout in comparison!!

Just had a shower and given my shoes and socks a shower too - probably blocked it with sand now though...

Great to see everyone (even DB!), shame we missed you Duck Girl, never mind, hope to see you all again at the Richard Burton.

I think I enjoyed this race.

Wonderful marshalling, esp at the road crossing just before the bridge to the sewage works!

Right, imminent arrival of certain people so I'm joining DB with a bottle (or two) of pain relief.
  • Was wearing light blue Cambridgeshire Schools vest with 'DUCK' biro'd on arms (299).
    Anyone know what time Bridgend AC meet Mondays (7 at track?) or what they're doing please?
  • Next year will drag brother along too
  • [Greeny throws himself into a sulk]