Merthyr Mawr Christmas Pud 10km

Comments

• don't think we'll see 400 on this thread:)
  • can someone pls tell me details re
    Richard Burton 10K + Atlantic College 10K and any other local (S.Wales) runs in coming weeks/ months, enjoyed today - want to run again but only know of races via here and not all e.g. the 2 above listed in events, thanks ALF
  • georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    Sorry I didn't wait around at the finish peeps !
    Being soaked and freezing, did a quick change back into my cycling gear, and with no sign of you back at the HQ, and the prospect of the 15 mile ride home, I just didn't want to hang around long enough to seize up !!

Hit the big Dipper legs immediately regretting the 50 minute cycle to the event !!!
    The boggy conditions and an old pair of trainers which were more like slicks than trail shoes !!!! finished in an unconfirmed, short 56 minutes, a half minute improvement on last year. :-)
  • georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    A.Tupper
    The Richard Burton 10K is run on Sunday January 9th.
    The Atlantic College is around the second weekend of February.
  • Alf
    Sorry but Atlantic college is the week before FLM this year they changed date for some reason!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Thanks, george , know where I can get entry details?
  • hope you all had fun !

i dipped out on the dipper - a weekend spent feeling sorry for myself, wrestling with a bug, bunged up, and trying various ineffective remedies..

(this will, no doubt, clear away just in time for me to get back to work !)

How was the weather ? I know all about the rain last night - looked cold but dry/OK this am though

keep the race reports coming !
  • OFT

I am sulking so no race report from me till tomorrow!

We missed you I am sure you would have got a good time!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • She's sulking 'cus I beat her - again!
  • I would never sulk about that:-) it don't happen to often i would hate for you to be disheartened;-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Alf
    Sorry but Atlantic college is the week before FLM this year they changed date for some reason!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • THANKS, FLM is a bit beyond me so will be in Atalntic College that day!
  • Firstly, well done to all who participated, not sure of the total number of entries as of yet, but it was a good turn out.
    Nice to have met a few of you pre-race, ie, Zzz, WP, Greeny, etc. Hope i'm forgiven for the little job i did to the stream :)

Duck Girl,
    Very good finish time.
    Bridgend AC meet on Mondays (and possibly Wednesdays) at 7pm,
    Brackla Harriers meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays, also at 7pm.
    There is some info on both websites.
    uk.geocities.com/bridgendac
    www.brackla-harriers.co.uk

The 2 santa's that ran with your mum were Brackla Harriers runners, they were our 'sweeps' who ran after all the runners had gone past, and made sure no one was lost on the course !

Greeny,
    Thanks for the appreciations :)
    I'm just so glad no one got knocked down by a car, there are some real jerks on the road, and impatient one's at that !

George,
    when i saw you running towards the road crossing approaching me you were approx 5 mins ahead of WP. I take it she didn't catch you up then.
    btw, you posted late on this thread, so i take it you only just got home from cycling then :)

Phil,
    i can't believe you called me a 'big girls blouse' due to the fact i hate getting dirty.... as soon as i mentioned 'damming' the stream you chickened out and did the kids race... shame on you !!! hope you fell in the water :)

Phew !!! think thats about everyone mentioned, btw, anyone doing the Hi Tide 5 miler on Boxing Day ?
    I'll just be plodding around on this one as i haven't 'hit the tarmac' since my (SF injury) in Dublin, so here's your chance to record a 'morale' victory over me. Even Phil will beat me :)
    Contemplating the Richard Burton 10k and will probably run that too, albeit as a training run.

• [thinks about rising to the bait, then thinks no, sod it, its time for my sunday night pint!!}
  • Duck Girl,

Bridgend AC meet at the track on Mondays at 7pm as stated by Flying Ant, but our other training session takes place on the Warterton (Ford) Industrial Estate, at 6pm on Thursday night.

Monday nights we do track work or hills, Thursday it's longer reps on the road, 1K and over, we are joined by some very good triathletes and the odd international athlete.

You are very welcome to join us, but be prepared for some hard runing.

Derek
  • georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    Flying Ant,
    Thanks for the shout. After the finish, I actually had time for a quick cup of soup, and then a quick change back into my cycling kit ( during which time some one pinched my Xmas pud !!!!!! ) and get away before I seized up and froze !! No problem with traffic ( turned left at Candleston ) and got home at about 1.50 !!!

When can we expect to see the official times posted ?
  • George,
    Not sure who (if anyone) was recording times, by the time i gathered up the poles and bunting and made it back to the finish area, everyone who was left had moved up to the tent for prize giving.
    Sorry to hear about your pudding.
    Well done on both your race and your cycling to and from the event !
  • Thanks for details Ant & Derek :)
    Ran with Bridgend AC for a bit before departing to New Zealand / Uni, be nice to see some fellow-runners over holidays. Should be around on track tonight so see you then (though not that fast at the moment as need to drastically increase mileage over holidays!)
    Yummy puddings.
    & Ant - Mum was very nearly et by the crocodile in the last stream - please remember you need to tie it up properly next time :)
  • Afternoon

Lovely to meet CDK,Zzz,Phil,little phil,granddad phil,greeny, Ken,DB,George (did he actually speak to me!! and FA and what a great job he and all the marshalls did!!

Sorry to miss you Duck

Finally able to post I was just frustrated by my poor race losing my shoe 4 times was not fun and I found it a lot harder this year.I could not breath but really enjoyed the river some big wuss's (guys)trying to pussy foot around not for me just wade in and go for it;-)

Thanks to FA for his cheery words as I passed (George is 5 mins ahead of you did wonders for my morale)
    Thanks for hot soup and roll and Chrissy pud!!

I could see DB ahead of me and I was determind to get as close to him as possible;-)

Finished in 1.02 and last year I did it in 59.40 so I was not pleased !!

But there we are last race of the year and hopeful putting to bed a rather Rubbish year and I hope next year will be better !!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WP, I was waiting for you all the way, I could have done 52 if you'd caught up quicker!!!!
  • DB
    I am sorry what can I say you are a true gentleman!! next time I promise to catch you up quicker so we both can do 52 mins;-)!!!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    Welsh Poppy,
    Yes, the marshals did do a great job but I wasn't one of them, I was racing !!! ( five minutes ahead of you according to Flying Ant !!!! ) ROFL
  • As a first timer I can well recommend this race for anyone thinking of doing it next year.

After the spots disappeared from my eyes at the top of the big dipper the views yesterday were great.

Managed about 54mins which I was chuffed with - got beat by a reindeer which was a little disappointing.

I'll be back next year for sure and this time I will pre-enter to get hold of one of them Xmas Pud's!
  • Were you wearing shorts with yellow stripes?
    You must have come in very close to me (blond plait, blue vest)
    & didn't you get stuck walking the Dipper in the crowds?
    Good race, & yummy pud.
  • & you were well beat by a guy with one leg.
  • George

I know only too well you were not marshalling I really must close brackets;-)

Poo to you I shall get you at the next race or sometime this millenium I do have patience;-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • poppy-patience? there's 2 words I never thought I'd see togegther!!!
  • No you are absolutely Phil they don't go together at all...what was I thinking of!!!! anyone that knows me knows I have no patience at all;-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • 02:49:42 ??!!

Just back from your night time woodland fartlek?

Be careful on Friday night - you wouldn't want to run into Santa!