Merthyr Mawr Christmas Pud 10km

Comments

• (Zzz thinks, it hurts, and stops) Its like having kids, you wonder whatever you did with all the free time.
  • SLCW,
    i'm only enquiring about it cos the missus wants to do it, it would take me 11 miles to warm up before i start :(
    Anyway.... i'm still injured.
    perhaps i could 'jog' it.. slowly :)

Zzz,
    i don't get much time to spend on the forum anymore, i spend most of my time in work, but need something physical to burn off my stored energy.

Phil,
    thanks, what are the prizes ?
    free drinks, t-shirts, etc ?
  • FA

I hope you have not forgotten your promise to me;-)

Hang on thing you may have made 2;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • ant

haven't done it for many years [or raced it for that matter!:)
    It used to be a certificate and was only bout £2 to enter-totally charity based. Not sure now though.
  • Promises WP ?

you'll have to jog my memory, i only have a good long term memory these days :)

if its the sub 3:45 training runs, then its a promise !

ok Phil, thanks, is it a 5k or 5 miler though ?
  • zzz - a big factor here (M.Park v. MM) is the start.

There's something of a traffic jam as you approach the top of the Dipper - if you are at the back of the queue it'll cost you minutes. When I did MM two years ago I started v'slow (as ever !) and paid the price for it, having to shuffle up the dune patiently awaiting my turn and admiring the views.

No bad thing, but can be significant if its times you're worried about !
  • bugger the time - enjoy the event!!

If we were into horse racing, this would be one of the classics, up there with the grand national.

Sorry Oft, you're just to fast for us fat boys:)

ant - 5 miler
  • FA

Yes that is the promise I was thinking of....(whispers I heard I have a club place for..........FLM)

OFT
    You are indeed a really fast runner:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • yipeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

fab news Poppy!!

Now << stern look and wagging finger>> make sure you train SENSIBLY!!!!

See you soon!
  • Great news wp, before I started running in May I didn't know how hard it was to get a place in FLM. Seems even harder now as I have heard that the majority of people I know haven't got in.

Guys I think we will have to all keep our beady eyes on wp to make sure she's not over doing it. (Maybe we should start a thread just for wp to report back to us on her training, with a webcam linked to her constantly to make sure she isn't sneaking off for some unplanned runs!)
  • WP - well done on FLM place!

I'm deferring mine until 2006 though.

WP - was that you btw on the cycle path opposite Singleton at about 5pm yesterday?!

Looked a bit like you but she was going incredibly fast!!
  • See what I mean?! She's off like wonderwoman already;-)
  • georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    Guys,
    You've got no chance of slowing Welsh Poppy down. I've been telling her for over a year to reduce her mileage but she will not be told !!!!!!!!
    And then she gives me grief when she gets a cold after running on rest days ...... WP that means the day after you have done a long run !!!!!!
  • georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    Got my number .... 113

Off to Venice for altitude training , See you in a few days.
  • Phil - I was responding to Zzz's earlier question..

"How much longer do you think this will take me compared to Reindeer Run?"

WP - very pleased for you - take it easy !!
  • Oft- sorry, no offence meant. Like margam, the only way to compare this race time is against previous years, although for this one even that's a bit dodgy because of sand softness changing etc.

No more posts for me until Monday night, off to Calvia, Thanks for all the good luck messages guys. I'll drink my best [26.2 bottles of San Miguel] - hope I don't hit a wall!!!

• Have a good run Phil :)
    see you when you return.

• Poppy - where did you get your watch battery changed after? I think mine is on the blink - either that or the chest strap is knackered. The watch won't pick up a signal from it - I put a fresh battery in that yesterday.
  • Carols - Morrisons are doing a good deal on AA's at the moment...

Right, I'm off for desert training. Back later.

I think I'll start with some cheesecake.
  • Look a girls PC goes down at home and I find I am getting grief and I have done nothing ....yet!!!

Thanks for wishes with FLM place and for advice on over training ...moi I have no idea what you guys are talking about;-0

Zzz

Webcam on my every run I could be in big trouble then;-) like the idea of a support thread;-)

George
    Honestly on the day Greeny thought the runner was me was our LSR of 15 miles and you know full well I had to work until nearly 8PM to make time up what chance or energy would I have to do the run on the prom?????????????????????????????/
    I had my rest day yestreday but did speed work at 5am today and recovery run of 4 miles tonigh;-)

CDK

I will mail you when I get home
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I dont have my number yet:-( and I entered weeks ago!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Wp-webcam not just on you running, but following your every move so you don't sneek out for any unplanned runs!!

Glad to see the boys have kissed and made up, I just don't like to hear of men fighting over me;-)
  • WP, You lucky lucky lucky lucky ............

• DB

Just got home and guess what was on my mat my race number....wonder if they think i am a good runner a got a low one under 20!!!!

Zzz
    following my every move boy I am in bigger trouble:-(

Men fighting over you gosh you luck girl;-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Wp-well as it was phil and oft only having a small misunderstanding over me asking what time I might do mm in compared to Reindeer Run I can't really say they were fighting over me. (And as it's phil and oft can't really call them men can I!!!!!!!)

Db-you still thinking of doing Lliswery 8?
  • Yup, but I may be marshalling. It is the club I belong to, after all (even though I haven't run with them for thirteen months).
  • Phil - none taken ! I was well p*ssed off when I posted this as I've picked up a new niggle (big toe). Time to put on the slippers again...

WP/Zzz - I'm sensing some feminine guile and baiting/teasing here. This thread gets more like the school playground every day...

In his absence, can I point out that Phil is man enough to run marathons (unlike me !!). Besides which, there's also an awful lot of sand for him to kick in my face at M.Mawr should things get nasty.

WP - bet my v.tiny race number is smaller than yours !
  • The suspense is killing me..............WHAT NUMBERS HAVE YOU GOT?!!!

oft-It's what us gals are best at;-)

I am starting to get very nervous about this race after reading that the big dipper is a 245m vertical climb, that's not a sand dune(oxwich beach has sand dunes), thats a mountain with a sandy path.
  • Morning

I have not got my number yet either :[ but then the more I read this thread the more scared I get!!

Is the Christmas pudding worth the effort I wonder? But I doubt that it would be easier to get one at Tesco at the moment - have you seen the queues??
  • Definate so :-
    CdK
    Dragon Breath
    Duck Girl
    George-113
    Greeny
    oft-
    Phil Protheroe sub 54 [legs willing]
    Redkite - under the hour, say 58
    Welsh Poppy-15
    Zzz

Two Dogs ?