Merthyr Mawr Christmas Pud 10km

Comments

• OFT

Well did I win or is your number lower than mine;-)

Zzz
    you will be fine honest it was my first time last year and I really enjoyed the race.

CDK
    Nope not seen queues in Tescos just done my shop on line;-) no queues no hassles mind you the site had crashed think it had system overload;-)

It is a real sense of achievment doing this race!!

I showed my coach the site for this race with the photos he laughted a lot and told me to bring my swimming cossie!!! how on earth did I manage last year without one;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • & Duck Girl's Mum (if she doesn't get washed away)
  • Part of the appeal for this race was getting the christmas pud, but had an asda smart price pud on weekend, it only cost 98p and was heaven. (surpose I could always just go and buy another one and tell all my friends and family I did the race and that was my reward!!!!!!!)

Even dreamt about this race last night:-(
  • We would tell on you Zzz!!

(Morrisons have christmas puds to die for!!)
  • I'm also have sleep problems because of this race..

Firstly there is the big question about the puddins ; the entry rules say only those entering in advance get one at the finish. But how do tell us keenies/pudding junkies apart from the entry-on-the-dayers ??

Then my nanotechnology sized race number (no contest WP !) which I'm feeling very shy and insecure about...

Brackla Harriers may be having a laugh as faster chums tell me something like this is normally accompanied by appearance money, or at the very least, an M&S "finest" Xmas pudding served with steaming brandy sauce and a glass of port at the finish

A seasonal clue !

If we were singing "On the first day Christmas" I'd be the French hens...

<]:)
  • Is it 6?

I still haven't got a number but I have got three Xmas puds, a Thornton's, a Thornton's with runny toffee centre and an M&S (we also enjoy S&M on Boxxing Day but that's another story).
  • Obviously that double x was deliberate.
  • I don't much like Xmas pud. All the more for Mum then.
  • oft,
    i think there was some confusion last year which meant that some runners who had paid in advance missed out on xmas puds because on-the-day runners nabbed them first. I'm informed that on-the-day runners will have their race numbers marked with 'a big red cross' or something similar to distinguish them from entrants who have paid in advance. Hope this prevents you from having further nightmares :)
  • Hi all

Back from sunny mallorca, legs in bits, hangover and chips overdose after clubbing till 3 am with the Hogweed Trotters last night.
    Aiming for a sub 4 finish, and on course at 1/2 way,doing 1st lap in 1-53. However, at 30k my hips starting hurting, and the last 7k were agony, survival shuffle and all that. Quite strange becuase I had energy left, but just couldn't move my legs properly.
    Staggered over finsh line in about 4-18, so a bit dissapointed with time...However, with the glass being half full [time for another pint?], I did the following pbs..

Fastest time on 2 lap mara.
    1st finsh on 2 lap mara
    pb for a spanish mara
    pb for a december mara
    pb for the year

etc
  • Well done phil, pleased to have you back in one piece. By the way who is your mate 'legs willing' that you are bringing to the race?
    Please respect wp's and my feelings concerning those deep fried fingers of potatoes;-)

No sign of my number, but then I only posted form middle of last week.
  • Morning

I haven't had my number yet either.

I took a peep at the course photo's yesterday -SCARY!!!

Zzz - do you mean...................CHIPS???

:0)
  • Definate so :-
    CdK
    Dragon Breath
    Duck Girl
    George-113
    Greeny
    oft-
    Phil Protheroe sub 54 [legs willing]
    Redkite - under the hour, say 58
    Welsh Poppy-15
    Zzz

Two Dogs ?
    Melsie ?
    Mathew Jones ?

Mr T - afraid not.
    Steve J and Mrs J
    Marshalling : Flying Ant :)

Mini Dipper
    Phil Jnr - not to be last this year!
    Zzz's first born?
    Zzz's Second born?
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • OFT

Come on you have to post your number especially as you beat me!!

Definate so :-
    CdK
    Dragon Breath
    Duck Girl
    Duck Girl's mum
    George-113
    Greeny
    oft-
    Welsh Poppy-15
    Zzz

Two Dogs ?
    Melsie ?
    Mathew Jones ?

Mr T - afraid not.
    Steve J and Mrs J

Mini Dipper
    Zzz's first born?
    Zzz's Second born?

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DB

Sounds like you are having fun on Boxing day;-)

FA
    yes I know myself George+Greeny did not get a pud after our hard effort in the race last year, but your lovely club gave us T shirts which were great especialy as I hate Christmas pud;-)

PHIL
    Welcome home sorry the marathon did not go to plan(I can relate bigtime) even with all the right preparations you just never know what can happen on the day!!
    (((((Phil)))))
    Glad you are back safe and sound ready for Sunday....also it is Phil's birthday this weekend!!!!! I hope he is sober for race;-)

ZZZ
    We really are going to have to sort out CDK she is letting the team down with here constant reference to those evil products!!

What is all this talk of wimping out and buying a pud??????????
    I would know and you would never hear the end of it!!

CDK
    Photo's are there to scare you tis not that bad....why else would I be coming back to do race again;-)

OFT
    I think 6 or 7??
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Where has Mathew gone he is very quiet?
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • 2dogs?
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Melsie?
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Oh look <<<<<200>>>>>> I just could not help myself;-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Wp- thank you for the kind words of reassurance that you did the race last year and really enjoyed it BUT THAT DOES NOT FILL ME WITH CONFIDENCE FROM A RUNAHOLIC WHOSE FORMUTIES HAVE TO TELL HER TO CALM DOWN HER TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously (I can be, honest) if I imagine its going to be the worst run ever and its only a little bit challenging then that will be great. But if I think its going to be a nice easy run and its a little bit challenging then that would be not so great.........
  • Tut tut - clearly you young people don't know your Christmas carols (gangs in our 'hood are giving special door to door tuition this year..)

Definate so :-
    CdK
    Dragon Breath
    Duck Girl
    Duck Girl's mum
    George-113
    Greeny
    oft- 3
    Welsh Poppy-15
    Zzz

Two Dogs ?
    Melsie ?
    Mathew Jones ?

Mr T - afraid not.
    Steve J and Mrs J

Mini Dipper
    Zzz's first born?
    Zzz's Second born?

Phil - tremendous achievement (I'm still traumatised by my disastrous first M last year !). You've worked so hard for this. Hope you're OK for Sunday
  • Zzz

I take offense that you think I am a runaholic;-)
    It is really strange that anybody I meet seems to form this impression of me...they all must have got me all wrong!!!

OFT

Blimming heck that is a low number it that your finishing position....sorry over not knowing my 12 days of christmas:-(

Which marathon did you do? and how was it?

How is the Toe?

I wish it to be known I have had a rest day today but tomorrow is a different matter!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Uncle Greeny you have not reponded to my email....sob sob sob
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Well, that's because I haven't got it!!

Quite frankly, you're not likely to find me at the end of my email address after about 4.30 - I have my Christmas shopping and Tesco takeaway curry to get after all!

I'll take a look first thing tomorrow and give it my undivided attention!

All - (and esp WP) don't forget to taper!
  • See Wp-its not only pp, george, cdk and I think you overdo it, Greeny has joined the 'keep poppy injury free club'!

Oft
    What did you do to get number 3?! Or should I ask how much it cost you?;-)

Phil's gone quiet again-do you think he is recovering from last weekend and preparing for this?! Wasn't keen on having everyone see my age when I first started racing, but at least you can see everyone else's age so we don't have to be rude and ask people their ages!
  • I'm still around, legs recovering well, but have got a cold brewing. Had a curry last night to sweat the bugger out, so hopefully on the mend, and will try a short recovery trot on thursday.
    Will definately be there on sunday, if i'm still rough, i'll do the mini run with phil jnr.
    No number for me yet, will report in when it arrives.

Oft, thanks for the encouragment, marathons are strange beasts and only a strange beast like FA can do so many in a year:)
  • Morning

How are we all feeling this morning hope training is going well?

Speedwork done and dusted at 5.30 this morning

Uncle Greeny

Have replied to email hope you get it!!
    I hope you have bought me something fantatsic whilst out Christmas shopping;-)

Zzz
    I feel the whole forum is ganging up on me!!

Phil

Hope cold stays dormant and you can race this...take it easy and recover well my friend.
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • No number yet, had to abandon last night's run after missing the edge of a kerb and twisting my leg, there was a sharp pain in my calf and I thought I had done something really serious cos it hurt loads so I hobbled home. Strange thing is, absolutely pain free this morning (well as pain free as a morning gets when you are my age), so I'm buggered, still no excuse for missing Sunday!

I'm having fat issues this morning, I need to lose about three stone so you don't all laugh at me on Sunday.