Options

Merthyr Mawr Christmas Pud 10km

Comments

• Options
    To be honest DB - we'll probably be laughing at you anyway.

WP - email sorted. Erm, well, let's just pressy probably not the biggest you've ever received!

No number yet but my mate Ken forgot to enclose a return envelope so no surprise there really!

Taper, taper, taper, taper...
  • Options
    Greeny,

Make sure you laugh at me before the start, I need to get away afterwards so won't be able to wait for you to finish.
  • Options
    Db

now I am the only one allowed fat issues so stop it there We would not dream of laughing at you ..well I won't cause I am a nice person;-)

Uncle Greeny

Ah but size does not matter tis the thought that counts:-) I shall bring a big bag to put it in;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    I've not had my number yet! What happens if it does not arrive - will there be a record of me having entered? I sent a cheque, I've not checked whether it has been cashed yet!

WP - don't believe a word of it - size does matter!!

;0)
  • Options
    It's just that I'm not sure what tyre to put on my belly carrying wheel barrow.
  • Options
    DB

This is not washing with me I am the one with tyres on my tummy not you!!

CDK

So size does matter....................are you sure;-)

I would give them a ring tomorrow if number still not turned up and check bank statement to see if cheque is cashed!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    DB - ooooooOOOOOOOOooooooh!

Look girls, take it from Greeny, size does matter, it's the quantity AND the quality (if you know what I mean).
  • Options
    yep size 12 is certainly better that size 16!!
  • Options
    Taper? I'm training for a 54m in 9 weeks. Well... will be training. Honestly. When I get round to it. Maybe when I'm home & have some lovely sand dunes again...
  • Options
    I reckon I could do 54 miles in 9 weeks:)
  • Options
    I don't know..... I don't check in for over 34hrs(day off and no free internet access!) and you guys have gone all smutty......you wouldn't find me being smutty;-)

Wp-It's only because we are all concerned about you that we gang up on you:-)

Did my last run today before Sunday, just an easy seven miler. I'm tapering........
  • Options
    Morning

Zzz-I know it is only concern for me:-) gosh you are tapering all ready

Smutty are you sure............ must be someone else

recovery run after work today only 2 miles then tomorrow 14 miles a bitter faster than last week and Saturday I can taper for race;-)

I can do 54 miles in a week:-) but not in one day!!!!

I am with UG quality and quantity are the way to go;-) so I will bring 2 bags for my present;-)

CDK
    I think size 10 is better than size 20
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    I don't have a number and my cheque hasn't been cashed. Is anyone else in the same boat or is it just me that they don't want there?
  • Options
    I have my number - 100!

Now I know I'm gonna be last - wait for me won't you guys??
  • Options
    Doubt I'll make much over 54m in all the next 9 weeks. Need some lovely beaches, not boring landlocked university...
  • Options
    Stop panicking calm down you wont be last and we will wait for you mind you you may have to wait for me.

DB
    I have the entry form for RB will either post it out to you or bring it with me on Sunday

Anyone else want one let me know will photo copy them tomorrow so get your orders in:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Hi Poppy

Yes please - can you bring me a copy of the RB, I would love to do this one!
  • Options
    No problem CDK will bring a pile with me just in case organised to the last;-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

Did the Big Dipper this afternoon ( 3 times in fact ), the sand is very soft even after the light rain we've had, and i found it hard going having to stop twice the first time i attempted it :(
    I ran it from 3 different angles, although it didn't seem to make a lot of difference, but if you can keep tight to the right hand side and run on the grass verge adjacent to the sand, that may help get you up to half way before you start your lung bursting strides !

Good luck everyone, i think the weather may be kind to you on sunday too.
  • Options
    Got my number, definatly be there, but if cold hasn't improved, i'll do mini race with Phil Jnr

CdK
    Dragon Breath
    Duck Girl
    Duck Girl's mum
    George-113
    Greeny
    oft- 3
    Phil Protheroe sub 54 -203
    Redkite - under the hour, say 58
    Welsh Poppy-15
    Zzz

Two Dogs ?
    Melsie ?
    Mathew Jones ?

Mr T - afraid not.
    Steve J and Mrs J
    Marshalling : Flying Ant :)

Mini Dipper
    Phil Jnr - not to be last this year!-635
    Zzz's first born?
    Zzz's Second born?

• Options
    Number has arrived!

FA-Thanks for the tip.

Wp-Work and family committments decree that I haven't got the spare time, apart from Saturday, which of course isn't advisable.

Just checked emails and I have had one from Sir Steve Redgrave (or Stevie to me) wishing me a Merry Christmas, have I mentioned that we go way back? (before phil spoils it, I'll own up that it was from his company five gold who I emailed earlier on in year when they had free trial offer for sports socks, very nice socks they are too, except in phil's case they didn't fit his dainty size 13's!)

CdK-100
    Dragon Breath
    Duck Girl
    Duck Girl's mum
    George-113
    Greeny
    oft- 3
    Welsh Poppy-15
    Zzz-151

Two Dogs ?
    Melsie ?
    Mathew Jones ?

Mr T - afraid not.
    Steve J and Mrs J

Mini Dipper
    Zzz's first born?
    Zzz's Second born?

• Options
    FA

Thanks for all the info I have it engraved on my heart.

Sounds like you are on the mend 3 times up BD!!!

Zzz
    I too had an email from Sir Steve;-)

DB

has your number arrived yet?????? if not you can have mine....go on say you will!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    To others so wp doesn't hear(Well I thought Stevie was a bit more selective than that, but obviously not;-)

Wp-get in the queue girl, he can have mine first, 151 is a much nicer number;-)
  • Options
    Zzz

Stop it I offered first so get behind me 15 is a nice number for a nice Dragon;-)

I have gone of Sir Steve !!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Weather looks good for Sunday. cold and sunny, and lots of rain before to top the river up.
    Lets get squelching!!!

Oh yeah, early notice - anyone fancy doing a hilly half in march, my continental chums are organising one in bristol area.
  • Options
    Looks like its just me on sunday, my boys would rather stay with mates at caravan site. Any idea how long it will take me to get from junction 45 to mm?

Wp
    A big strong dragon doesn't want a wimpy small number like 15;-)

pp
    hilly half sounds fun but I'm doing bath in march will need to pass I'm afarid!

CdK-100
    Dragon Breath
    Duck Girl
    Duck Girl's mum
    George-113
    Greeny
    oft- 3
    Welsh Poppy-15
    Zzz-151

Two Dogs ?
    Melsie ?
    Mathew Jones ?

Mr T - afraid not.
    Steve J and Mrs J

Mini Dipper
  • Options
    zzz,
    About 40 mins on a sunday morning
    from J45 to MM
    Not sure how car parking will be this year, last year it was a bit disastrous, i parked over a mile away and walked/jogged the rest.

WP,
    sand is non-impact for me foot so its no trouble running up BD, i just need to get my stamina back again :)

wow ! no.15... you must be the elite athlete everyones been talking about WP, they don't give out no's below 20 to just any old runner you know ! (Hopes George is watching) :)
  • Options
    georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    Zzz
    If you are close to junc 45, then give yourself an hour to get to the race.

It seems that according to a friend who is also running, that we are going to be cycling the 15 miles to and from the race !!!!!!
  • Options
    suppose it depends what car you drive too, and how fast you go :)

George.... mad ! i think this is a pre-race excuse as you know WP is going to beat you this time around :)
    WP... don't let me down this time !
  • Options
    Oh gosh FA don't pile the pressure on me

So I am the elite athlete...........laughs so much Poppy falls of chair and injures herself.

Realises George could be watching of course I am a super elite athlete and will finish in front of George no problem.....

So that is OFT and myself special elite runners drafted in to highlight your race:-);-)

You have got your cunning plan in place FA dont you to make sure I beat George just as a back up plan;-)

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression