Merthyr Mawr Christmas Pud 10km

Comments

• Still no number.

Of course, me, Stevie and Matt go back a long way...
  • "elite" !

More like "The last will be first and the first will be last". So that's me all set to come ~470th...

The age old question, but are you meeting up / "wearing ribbons" (!) etc ??

PS Any news DB ?
  • Yeah, well, I don't really do ribbons see.

I'll be the one hanging around Welsh Poppy (and also probably arguing at the reg tent to get my number)

Poppy - 9am - don't be late!
  • Um o ar, um um don’t know, foot not 100% haven’t run for over a week, feeling a lot better and foot only hurts when I drop something on it, BUT its a hard 10K and don’t know if its a good thing for me to do without another few weeks of easy training.
    Just about to join a gym for some long runs on the machine, I know I know but its a case of run on the treadmill or not at all due to weather,

However never say never.

• Greeny

I am never late see you 9am make sure you have all your kit!!

I shall wear a purple ribbon very tastful one I should add

Mathew

I did 14 miles this morning in the woods that were flooded it was so dark I did not know and I was running 6 miles in 1.5 ft streams of water the river bank had burst I was sopping my feet wet then I lost my balance and fell in and the prom was flooded the rain was hammering down I was freezing cold and very very very wet.I had to soak in bath for 30 mins to get warm!!!

So stop being a wuss I am smaller than you and I still go out running on bad weather days!!!

HOpefully someone will think of a meeting place before hand not sure maybe phil or George will have an idea or FA
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • And you wonder poppy why we all worry about you with sentences like the one above?!!

Any of you guys got any training in health and safety and could get Poppy to follow some of the procedures for planning her runs?!

I'm now very anxious about the drive to find mm and where to park. Can I be cheeky and ask if greeny and wp are going past junction 45, and could give me a lift please? I'm heading down to the caravan tomorrow lunch time.
  • Zzz, I have to join the motorway at junction 45 - is it the caravan park just off the motorway at morriston??

if you mail me I can let you have my mobile number and we can arrange to meet
  • Good place to meet is by the registration tent - plenty of pinic tables, and sheltered from any wind by the castle walls.
    Parking is ok as long as no bloody horse riders decide to use the lane, I am taking my light sabre this year, and will smite all horses with the power of the dark side.
    [guess who wants the star wars dvd for xmas?]
    Chest feeling better by the hour, and not out ona session tomorrow night, so may have a clear head for this one for a change!
    Poppy, that run sounds like a right laugh, I usually jump in the floods at mm when they get over knee hieght.Breaking the ice is fun as well!!
  • Ok, I've just phoned the main man, my number is 162. Sorry girls, you've got to do it now.

I am right in thinking this is an 11.30 start aren't I? I'll be hanging around the reg tent from 11 ish, I know Greenface I'll guess the rest of you. (You should be easy to spot - computer geek runner types).
  • PANIC!

Why are you all setting out at 9? My form says it starts at 11.30.

WHEN IS THE START? WHEN? COME ON TELL ME. WHAT TIME DOES IT BLOODY START?
  • Don't worry Db, they're coming from swansea[a place where they still point at cars!!]
    11-30 is when i'm starting.
  • Cheers mate, I'll start at 11 so we should finish together.
  • No number arrived yet.
    & now Dad's decided to do it too. Oh no - what if they beat me? Aaaargh! Humiliation!
  • Nooooo! I'm the only runner in This family, thanks very much!

CdK-100
    Dragon Breath
    Duck Girl
    Duck Girl's Mum
    Duck Girl's Dad
    George-113
    Greeny
    oft- 3
    Phil Protheroe sub 54 -203
    Redkite - under the hour, say 58
    Welsh Poppy-15
    Zzz-151

Two Dogs ?
    Melsie ?
    Mathew Jones ?

Mr T - afraid not.
    Steve J and Mrs J
    Marshalling : Flying Ant :)

Mini Dipper
    Phil Jnr - not to be last this year!-635

• georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    Welsh Poppy that's not fair !!!!! You've been doing specific training for the final mile haven't you !!! Are you bringing a snorkel too !!!!

That's it, I will put my bike at the back of the big dipper and ride it through the race !!!!!
  • Cheers Cdk, have emailed you.

By the reg tent then. Can we have a forum set question and answer we say to each other, like the spy's?! Maybe with the sand dune it could be -"do you find the sand gets inbetween your toes when running on these sand dunes" and the answer would be "only when the dragon ducks fly over the poppies" !!!!!
  • I shall look out for you lot and offer words of encouragement as you sprint past me :)

ps. there's a high tide this weekend so expect it to be very boggy especially around the sewage works / estuary area, and of course the stream :)

take care, and have fun !
  • Phil if the river is over your knee height than means..............it will be up to my neck:-(((((

DB
    I am so disapointed you have your own number sure i cant tempt yuo to a nice number 15???????

George

Snorkel and flippers all packed !!! but can you help me across river if it reaches up to my neck...I may never be seen or heard of again!!!

have you been given a spot for marshalling then FA????
    Dont forget WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO wink wink

Look forward to meeting you all at reg tent I will be the one nervously standing with the Green one oh and will have the entry forms in hand for Richard Burton;-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Poppy what are you doing up at that time?? I bet you are out running aren't you!

See you there tomorrow - I'm going to have quite a time trying to run in my flippers!
  • CDK

See you tomorrow and no this is my tapering day so xtraining in town this will be my last shopping day as I refuse to go near it next week!!

I also have to put up decorations and tree today I dont know why but I have had no time to do it yet!!!

I was up at that time I had been partying all night and only just got in.......who believes me;-)

Okay okay I just could not sleep!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Just got back from having my hair carefully crafted in readiness for the main event. Number arrived this morning.
  • 'carefully crafted' db?!!!

Got lots to do before I can leave for caravan but can't get going, must be in holiday mood already!

With stream highish training tights not advisable then?
  • I would go for shorts blimming cold it will be though!

I may stay in bed and keep warm instead!

DB
    Wow that is some haircut you had;-)glad you got your number!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • great, more rain today.

goggles anyone?
  • Well nice and day here but have finally got everything done and will be heading down M4.

See ya all there tomorrow, and here on Thursday.

Maybe I will wear a wetsuit!
  • Still no number :( I shall be wearing a pale blue 'Cambridgeshire Schoolsgirls' vest & towing a short lady & a large man.
    Off now for a training run from Broadlands, round the course & home - shan't expect to be too fast tomorrow (already done hill reps this morning - we have no hills at all at uni) but will be nice to see all. Will report back on state of course this evening.
  • I have snorkle and flippers all packed just in case!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • got your diving suit Poppy?
  • Sob sob sob I dont have one can you lend me one please!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression