Quiz Questions

Comments

• Must be leicester so either Shilton or Banks
  • Who has played just a totla of 8 minutes in a European cup final yet has two European cup winners medals
  • What proportion of pub quiz questions are not about football?
  • sorry to keep on n on with this like...

but....

there is no way it is legal to cut off the head of a welshman in chester.

yes, it may be written somewhere in an obscure law nevertheless there are other contradictary laws that state that it is illegal to commit murder.

laws contradict one and other, that is why we need solicitors, lawyers, judges and jurys.

70 % proof - would this be guti hernandez from real by any chance? if not give us a decade to look at?
  • Updating Bryan's questions with answers already given and a few more.

1) In Chester it is still legal to cut off the head of a Welshman if you catch him there after dark - true

2) Traffic lights were invented before the motorcar - true (in 1868)

3) World Cup hat-trick hero Geoff Hurst was never sent off in his professional career

4) Bonnie Parker from Bonnie & Clyde was the first woman to be shot by the FBI - False - The Organisation that shot her was actually called the Bureau of Investigation (the Federal came later)

5) Iron Maidens lineup includes an International sportsman - true

6) There is a legal requirement as to the speed tomato ketchup must leave the bottle

7) The Swiss have won more Nobel prizes than any other nation - false

8) Terry Wogan was born in London and moved to Ireland when still a child - False, he was born in Limerick

9) Rastafarianism is a Christian religion - Arguable as some Rastafarians choose to classify their religion as Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity

10) Prince Charles appeared as a reader on television’s Jackanory - true

11) Yoga originated in India - True

12) The very first Premiership goal was scored against Manchester United - true
  • What were the two worst winters of the 20th Century?

A: Mike and Bernie.
  • Cross posted with Superbaz, I misread his previous answer and therefore

Updating Bryan's questions with answers already given and a few more.

1) In Chester it is still legal to cut off the head of a Welshman if you catch him there after dark - false, but you can kill him with a bow and arrow from the city walls (if you ignore modern laws)

2) Traffic lights were invented before the motorcar - true (in 1868)

3) World Cup hat-trick hero Geoff Hurst was never sent off in his professional career

4) Bonnie Parker from Bonnie & Clyde was the first woman to be shot by the FBI - False - The Organisation that shot her was actually called the Bureau of Investigation (the Federal came later)

5) Iron Maidens lineup includes an International sportsman - true

6) There is a legal requirement as to the speed tomato ketchup must leave the bottle

7) The Swiss have won more Nobel prizes than any other nation - false

8) Terry Wogan was born in London and moved to Ireland when still a child - False, he was born in Limerick

9) Rastafarianism is a Christian religion - Arguable as some Rastafarians choose to classify their religion as Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity

10) Prince Charles appeared as a reader on television’s Jackanory - true

11) Yoga originated in India - True

12) The very first Premiership goal was scored against Manchester United - true
  • Q. What is the administrative capital of Florida?
    A. Tallahassee.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    In which modern African country is Timbuktu (the modern spelling) located?
  • New York, like London has an area called Soho - why is the big apple's district so called?
  • Timbuktu is in Mali.

Soho in London is called that after a hunting call, my guess would be that the New York district is called Soho as it once was forest and huting was done there.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Which plant's scientific name is Impatiens?
    Which Chinese city is home to the Terracotta Army?
    What did the North West Mounted Police become in 1920?
    Who were Roberta, Phyllis and Peter collectively known as?
    Which drink is named after the Ethiopian city of Kaffa?
  • The North West Mounted Police became The Royal Canadian Mounted Police in 1920.

I don't know if you are referring to the fact that Roberta, Phyllis and Peter were the first names of The Railway Children (sadly I know that).

I would guess that coffee is named after Kaffa (but accept I may have fallen into the obvious trap).

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Ok
    answers

Busy Lizzy (are you Alan Titchmarsh OB) :o))
    Xian
    The Royal Canadian Mounted Police
    The Railway Children (Well done Wiz)
    Coffee (tis true apparantly)
  • European cup question -answer was jimmy rimmer.
    Sub for man utd against Benfica in 68 (never played)

Injured after 8 minutes when Villa won cup in 70's
  • There were 3 players that played with Glenn Hoddle for England and also played for Hoddle when he managed England?

I dont know the answers, Im pretty sure of two.......
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    SoHo in ny is short for South of Houston - the street that crosses Manhattan

• correct Dustin and no pammie I'm not.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Glenn Hoddle one, and its just a guess, but I'd say Adams, Pearce and Pallister.
    Fairly sure the first two, not sure about Pallister.
  • OK - answers to the True False questions

1) In Chester it is still legal to cut off the head of a Welshman if you catch him there after dark
    True - but probably not an acceptable defence in modern times
    2) Traffic lights were invented before the motorcar
    True
    False (He was sent off once in 1972 for swearing at the referee)
    4) Bonnie Parker from Bonnie & Clyde was the first woman to be shot by the FBI
    True - although it only got the F added afterwards
    5) Iron Maidens lineup includes an International sportsman
    True (Fencing)
    True (25 MPH)
    7) The Swiss have won more Nobel prizes than any other nation
    True
    8) Terry Wogan was born in London and moved to Ireland when still a child
    False
    9) Rastafarianism is a Christian religion
    True
    10) Prince Charles appeared as a reader on television’s Jackanory
    True
    11) Yoga originated in India
    True
    12) The very first Premiership goal was scored against Manchester United
    True (By Sheffield United)
  • I've got a set of questions based on first lines from books if anybody is interested.

If so I'll post them later.
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Twas 82 when Villa won the European Cup, not 70s.
  • The first names ( I used to call them christian names) of the first five Americans in space is a favourite.
  • How many 'lakes' are there in the Lake District?

• The first five Americans in Space were Scott, Virgil, Alan, Gordon and John.

Apparently they weren't their real names though, they changed them so that they would be the same as the Thunderbird characters.

• Express Are Alan and Chuck 2 of them?

• Not so zippy - Alan is , Chuck not - think of kids TV (well adults if you're as old as me) It's not rocket science

Mushroom - only one Bassenthwaite