Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Before I slob out for the summer...!!!!  good idea!
  • Tracey - 6th May 4.30 pm - there's one of those free 10k runs round Tower of London image You know, like the one we did in Hyde Park last year where I got my pb image

Might interest you too Dave as you work in the area image

Think I will go for that one as I am literally just across the river from it. Will just leave work early that day.

I think a fair few of us on here are doing the NF10 this year aren't we?

• is that a BHF event Roobs?

I did the same thing at Canary Wharf in the summer....supposed to be 10 laps of 10km....but we did 11 in faster then my PB 10km so think the disances were a little out

• Roobs - I can only do the Hyde Park and the Canary Wharf one as Bernard is working lates on the 6th May.
  • Dave - I have just checked my Garmin data for Heart First Jog in Hyde Park and it measured 6.19 miles.
  • I think the Hyde Park one was quite accurate.

I think I will do the Tower one though as its so local, I am there on the doorstep and if anything it will be a tempo run.

We can only try these runs out can't we......... if they come up short or long, well we know next time.

I did the Canary Wharf one a couple of years back and hated it. Found the route really depressingimage

• Roobs - I am so sorry I cannot come and shout at you for the Tower of London one. The Tower one sounds nice, maybe I can do it next year.
  • Roobs - it is 4 days before Halstead Marathon.

• will try a gentle half hour tomorrow and maybe go for a longer run sunday if i feel ok - still well below 100%image but want to meet everyone!
  • diana - good like with your short run tomorrow.

Night all.

• Morning all.

It is -3c and frosty here this morning.

Good luck Roobs.

• morning all.. heading out in a hour for my run this morning.. trying to decide if its worth hooking up with the running club lot or just heading off on my own!
  • ahhh just got my confirmation that I'm in for the great north run!!!

had horrible news yesterday that my horse is in bad shape and highly likely she wont make it.. horrible time.. wont know for another 2/3 weeks cause they are trying massive treatment now.. gonna try and process it all on my run this morning

• ((( bootsie ))) Sorry to hear about your poor horse
  • bootsie - sorry to hear about your horse.
  • ello Hippo. Nice to have you on here.
  • Morning all.  Been really busy and haven't read back so ((( ))) for all that need them and image for those that don't.

Had a crappy run Thursday night.  I ran completely out of steam after 2 miles and plodded my way home.  Got Stamford 30K tomorrow so hopefully a couple of days rest will have sorted me but if not I shall simply treat it as a long run rather than pushing it.

Waiting around for a delivery van at the moment.  OH has ordered me something from M&S but they notified him yesterday that it could be anytime between 7.30 and 6!  Also told him that the 2 items (I'm in luck this year) will be delivered separately!!!!  I don't think he's going to try this again somehow.

• Good health to Bootsie's horse.

M&S was packed in Worthing this morning - everyone buying the 3 course meal plus wine and a rose for a £20!  I bought it too but it's for tomorrow because LTJ and I are out to a country pub tonight for our Valentines meal.  He gave me chocolates and earrings this morning image

Did 6 miles steady this morning - gorgeous day - first time I wore noo shoos - they're lovely.

• Afternoon all.

(((((bootsie))))) hope your horse recovers........

Well the 10k this morning was LONG - it measured 6.4m and I wasn't the only one to get that measurement although my garmin does tend to measure a bit short at times (my mile bleeps a bit later than most people).

I knew it would be long at the first km marker. My garmin said it took me 7m45s to get there. I don't think so........ the measurement as that point was .85m if I remember rightly - well out.

So at just past the 10km mark by my garmin I measured my time as 59.21 which I am taking as a new pb. I am getting a bit hacked off with races that aren't measured accurately.

The good news is that I did every mile in under 10mins image

The organisation was shite too. No baggage storage. No gun. PA system failed. One person manning the water station to fill the cups for the runners (WTF!). 4 portaloos for well over a thousand runners. But my biggest gripe is the distance. And we paid £20 for the honour of doing this race!

I was supposed to go on and do some extra miles but I was so knackered that I decided to head for home. Going to have a snooze now I think before I go and get my nails done.

• Roobs - That race sounds like a rip off. Next time sub 9 min miling image
  • The race organiser has admitted that we were sent the wrong way which made the course longer.

Sooooo badly organised. Won't be doing it again.

• Roobs - the same thing happened to me at the Roding Valley the first year that I did it.
  • evening all.. thanks for the good wishes for my horse. she's been my best friend for 12 years.. very hard

did my run today .. 10.3 miles in 1 hr 45.. not too bad ! that will do i think

had such a romantic day planned but  abit too sad for it all really so ended up curled up at home with OH with a bottle of pink bubbly.. that did me! 

• Morning all

(((Bootsie))) - sorry to her about your poor horse.

Roobs - well done on your run...even if it wasn't the best experience.

I did my LSR yesterday afternoon, 13.7 miles...I found is very hard work and ache like crazy today!

Have a good day everyone.....GOOD LUCK to anyone racing today!

• Hi All,

JUst tucking into a bagel and coffee....let that settle and then go out in an hour or so...

Does anyone have any recommendations over things to eat ( try) before a long run?

• Morning all,

((Bootsie and horse))

Lots of romantic stuff going on here for St Valentine's day image. By 'here', I mean this thread, you understand, not Chez Sluggie - although we did exchange cards and token pressies.

Have a good one.

Edited for clarity

• Did the card swapping thing here too.....  and that was it....happy days!   image

Never mind.....

Wondering where to head to today....i prefer aiming for a run where you actually end up getting somewhere then rather round the streets.  Some of you guys ( well girls) seem to have lovely routes to run along ..

• Morning all.  We had a nice Valentines Day, Mr C took me out on the boat for the first time then we baby sat last night while a friend went out and her new man proposed to her image

Dave, have you tried bananas, toast, porridge, crumpets?  Maybe not all at once though!