Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Lyndy - maybe the element has gone in immersion heater.
  • No, it's not the element because it does heat up a little bit so it's got to be the thermostat.  He's just called to say he's had to order one in and it will be 2 or 3 days.  We still have hot water as it does heat up on the Economy 7 cycle, but means I have to be careful how much hot water I use in the daytime, particularly if I go out for a run and want a bath when I get back.
  • Morning too.  All ok Delia?
  • Lyndy - If I was in the campsite I would say come and see us and have a shower. We will be there hopefully Thursday afternoon.
  • Are we still hoping to meet up on the pavement opposite the baggage drop area?
  • Bleugh - feeling really cr4p.  Legs ache, arms ache, throat dry, freezing cold - now what does that all mean image  Think my first instincts were right.  I've got a cold coming.  That means .................................

No running for me today.  If I keep myself warm and cosy indoors and drink lots, take my vit C, echinacea and zinc I hope I'll be alright for Sunday. 

Yes Cinders - I still think that will be the best place and on Saturday I'll go down to Asda and get a couple of helium balloons to fix to the railings so you can see where we are.  Just hope this cold doesn't materialise. Even if it does I'll still be there at the start and at several places on the course to support you all.

• ((( Lyndy )))  Hope you feel ok for Sunday.  I'm hoping to get a good night's sleep before then, not been sleeping well and feel verrrry tired!
  • It's okay Tracey, I can still have a shower as the immersion heats up during the night - well from around 10pm 'til 7am then has a burst again in the afternoon for an hour or so, it's just if I need to run a lot of hot water for any reason then it doesn't heat up quickly enough.  It's only really when the kids are here that I need to have more hot water.  Last week the boys ended up having a cold shower because the girls had used all the hot water in their bath and washing their hair - they're only 4 and 6, but worse than teenagers I think.
  • (((Lyndy)) - god help your d-i-l when her daughter are teenagers.

• hello all

(((Bootsie)))

(((Lyndy)))

(((Roobs)))

Lots of peeps in need today. Hope everyine else is okay?

Been busy with the children and their friends today...."sleepover" tonight!

• lyndy poor you - take care and i hope it isn't the vicious virus that is doing the rounds hereimage

no running for me today as feeling very tired but hoping to get out tomorrow and do maybe 7 miles

lyndy you made me think that even if i decide not to run on sunday i can still come and support peeps and meet you allimage (and then take my daughter out to lunch!)

• Not long been home after picking our caravan up after it has been repair. We will be in Brighton on Thursday afternoon image

• (((Lyndy))) hope the cold doesn't materialise for you.

Still no running from me but we've been flitting about all over the place.

Feeling a little sad this afternoon - we've got a meeting with a potential childminder at 5.30. That means it's really happening and I have to go back to work soon and leave the little tinker with someone. image Boo hoo.

• aww delia! that must be really hard

well i've booked flights for next weekend to go home and try and sort out my horse.. so not going this saturday now whcih is prob a really good thing with brighton looming.. Lyndy.. i'm feeling achy and coldish too.. hope its somethign that is going to pass soon.. going for a short run with running club this evening .. better with company! 

• (((Delia))) - Good luck with the childminder tonight. Been down that road so I know what it feels like.
  • Oh Delia, it seems so early for him to have to go to a childminderimage When will you be going back to work?

Well, not feeling any worse, but not feeling any better either.  Dosed myself up with the Vit C etc. so hope that will keep the lurgies at bay.

I have an appointment with the Chiro tomorrow and she likes me to do a short run before I see her so that she can judge what's happening with my back and pelvis when I'm running so if I feel up to it I will have a short plod tomorrow, just to keep loosened up.  Wish I'd done that 10 miles, I would have felt so much more confident about Sunday if I had.

How far is your longest run Cinders?  Don't want to be holding you back, but it would be nice to have some company on the way round.

Diana B - you must come and support if you can't run on Sunday. It would be lovely to meet you.

Better go and get some dinner ready - OH is chomping at the bit image

• Oooh Sunday not far off - lurgies, lurgies go away.

Didn't run today ( my schedule says I should run Tues and Thurs this week ).  Been to visit Mum the other side of Portsmouth.....Arrrrgghhhhimageimageimage nuff said.

• you should have dropped in and said hello LTS - we're off junc 8 M27, but not for many more months - our offer on house just outside chichester has been accepted - hurrah! fingers crossed all goes smoothly, they want early exchange and are happy to go for end of june completion which is what we want.

am lighting many candles to the anti-lurgy godsimageimageimage

• I love Chichester Diana.  Where will you be moving to?  LTJ plays bassoon in a Chichester orchestra.
  • Evening all

Hope you can keep the cold at bay Lyndy - was going to email you today but got a bit caught up in stuff

Aw! Delia! When you going back to work? (((())))

• Aw Delia, do you really have to go back so soon?  ((( )))

Lyndy, its a measly 6 and a bit miles.  I'm happy to run/walk round really, see the last finisher last year wa 3 1/2 hours.  Don't want to hold anyone back though as I'll be really slow.

• Hi All,

Long day at work then home and quickly changed for a fast 5km.  28mins 34..  not bad after 13 miles on Sunday.

Roobs, you must have one of the best views going.....I have bars  ( long metal ones and not the drinking variety!) and a wall. . . .

Ill give you a wave tomorrow morning when I cross London Bridge from the North to the dark side!!

• Hey y'all

That's me down to 8 days at work.  Had a wee panic to myself this morning.  I did my preggy yoga last night and it was really hard going, quite intensive I thought.  Anyhoo, I didn't wake up through the night last night and Bert was awffie quiet.  I didn't feel him move till lunchtime but he's fine.  Daft me.  panic merchant.

Delia - I can totally sympathise with the child minder scenario.  We looked at nursery's a few weeks ago and I have booked Bert in.  Felt like the worst mum in the world, baby not even here yet and I am palming it off on strangers.  Didn't even have a name to put on the form.  God knows how I'll be when the baby comes cos I felt so bad at the time. Nearly £900 a month... if there was ever a reason not to have 2 then it's that.  Crikey image  Anyway I hope it works out Delia and don't be sad xxx

Pooh news at work that means any hope of extending mat leave gone, it was extremely optimistic to think things would be different but the door hadn't quite closed.  Well, it's slammed shut now LOL.  I know that in the current climate I am lucky to have a job so I don't mean to sound ungrateful.

Anyway, this is an all about me entry.  Sorry.

• Looks like we're about on a par Cinders.  My farthest is 7 miles, but that was run/walking.  If we push it on the walking bit we should make something of a half reasonable time.  I was about 2.50 last year and Roobs pushed me round running a mile then walking 2 minutes.  I was okay until I got to the hill at about 10 miles, when we met up with TS and Delia.  Roobs and TS pushed on and ran to the finish and Delia and I walked the rest of the way, except for the finishing straight. I made Delia run then as I have this thing that I won't walk across the finish line.

Remember that Delia - Jack was just a glint in his daddy's eye then image

We don't mind all about you KP, that's what we're all here for.  Support for the runners and support for the non-runners, it makes no difference ((((()))))

• i wish I was nearer you all and I could come and do a fetch/RW point for you and cheer you on
  • 3.3 miles done and dusted.. prob did me good to get out and run.. had some nice chips after oops!
  • Morning,

((Delia and KP)), some peeps do find it terribly hard to hand their littlies over to someone else, even for a few hours. You're right though - in the current economic climate it's not many Mums who have the 'luxury' of staying at home. Look on the bright side though - going out to w*rk is a sight easier than being at home with baby! image

(9Lyndy))

((bootsie and horse))

((anyone else who wants/needs a hug))

Have a good one.

• Morning all

Woke up too late to run this morning...OH off to work soon...I must have needed the sleep!

(((Delia and KP))) - thinking of you. My three all went to nursery the first from about 5 months old, second and thirs were a bit older.

(((Lyndy))) - hope the cold is improving?

Morning slugsta!

• Morning.

Lyndy, we'll do grand I'm sure.  Not going to be the fastest peeps but sure we'll make the course image

Delia and KP, its tough, really tough.  In a way it worked out for me, little man was so poorly for over 5 weeks and as I didn't earn really enough to warrant the nursery, specially as he wasn't there due to his tum that it was better that I ended up stopping work.  I do miss my colleagues and the adult interaction so either way has its pros and cons.