Sub 5 hours

Comments

• glad the cold has stayed away lyndy

all my four were left at 18 weeks for me to go back to work and they all seem to have turned out to be well adjusted independent young people. i think the children benefit from their mums going to work - it is just really hard on the mums!

bad news from me - went out to do a slow 8 miles today and was struggling with increasing back pain from 5 miles, in the end had to walk the last mile back to the car in tears,imageimageimage don't think there is any chance of me doing sunday as i have never ever had to abandon a run like this. think i have underestimated the effects of the viral illness plus the instability of my manic depression and the drug changes and the lack of sleep. i'm rreally gutted about it.imageimageimage will try and get to brighton to support, but it is a bit of a petrol cost if i'm not running. anyway, does anyone (TS?) know anybody who'd like my chip and number before i send the chip back?

am off to bed - baileys sounds like a nice ideaimage

• thanks.. i'm finding the more exercise i do the better i'm sleeping at the moment.. limits the nightmares.. the baileys is going down a bit of a treat too.. really looking forward to sunday now.. would love a PB but dont think its going to happen.. did maidstone in 2 hrs 8 but brighton last year was 2 hrs 17!!
  • Visiting from the Just Get Round Team thread, sorry for the hijack. 

MadWelshWoman, I tried to message you re: Llanelli HM but it bounced back to me.  Can I have your permission to email you in work when I'm in the Taliesin next Monday instead?  If you know of anyone who'd be interested in letting a very slow runner tag along on traning runs now and then that'd be great too.

Hope everyone here is ok and training is going well.  [/hijack!]

• Diana - I will ask a friend if she wants to do Brighton?
  • seren2 - Welcome to our thread. Hope your training is going well.
  • Hello Seren2 and goodnight everyone.  Another day nearer image Will try and get a Thomas balloon for Thomas Tracey.

Night night image

• TS - DO YOU WANT TO DO BRIGHTON HALF image

Do you think she heard me.

Night Lyndy.

• Morning all,

diana brighouse wrote (see)

. think i have underestimated the effects of the viral illness plus the instability of my manic depression and the drug changes and the lack of sleep.

diana - even 1 of those things would be enough to contend with! Take it easy until you're back on form.

Oooh, lots of excitement now about the Brighton half! Hope you all have a great day.

Roobs, the view from your office sounds fab. All I can see from mine is the hedge 2 feet away. At least there's nothing to disctract me!

((those in need))

Have a good one.

• Morning all

Seren2 - I have e-mailed you!

(((Diana)))

• Morning all.

(((Diana)))

• Take care Diana - you will get back to it in time. Move to Chichester sounds exciting (but more hard work).

Both my girls went to childminders, and grandson has been at a nursery since he was 6 months. I think it is often harder for the mum - the children thrive if you have been able to find a place that suits them.

Still on tenterhooks about grandson, who was tested for cystic fibrosis. They apparently didn't get a good enough sample, and he won't be tested again till 18th March, so it's hanging over daughter and s-in-L's heads - very stressful.

• ((( Diana ))) Take it easy.

(((DianaD)))  Must really be a worry hanging about.

I'm really excited about the weekend.............despite the lack of training image

• Cinders - you will be surprised. I held you up last year at the Kent Half Marathon. Where are you staying?
  • You didn't hold me up at all Tracey, we did great!

We're staying at the Hilton.  Staying Friday and Saturday.

• morning all ((((DianaD))))) thats a horrible situation to be in.  I hope they are getting through it alright

can't believe its only a few days to go to brighton.. i am definately going to find all of you before the start this year! unlike last year! will aim to be there for about 8:45 i think

• Quick question, is the baggage drop in a runner only area as I'll have Mr C and buttons with me?
  • Cinders - Have sent you my mobile number via this website. Am not going to bother with baggage as Bernard will be there.
  • cinders its not.. there really isn't a runners only area from what i remember of last year..OH was with me the whole time
  • Fab, be lovely to meet you all.

Thanks Tracey, will reply with my number and put your number into my phone.

• Cinders - just text me as we will be leaving soon.
  • Afternoon everyone.

Bootsie's right Cinders, there's no real runners only areas although they do say in their bumph that spectators are not allowed in the start/finish area, there's nothing to stop them.  It's just to try and stop too many people gathering there  I think.

Hilton's only about a 5 minute walk away from the start Cinders.

Grey and misty here today Tracey.  Sea mist keeps coming and going with the tides.  Hope it's not like that on Sunday.

Not getting excited at all about the race on Sunday because of the lack of training, but am looking forward to seeing you all.  I plan to get down there about 8.45. That's if I can drag Roobs out of her bed image.

Must get some work done now.  Oh - I'll text TS and see if she wants a place.

• Lyndylou (www.bmycharity.com/V2/lyndarunsforvicta) wrote (see)

That's if I can drag Roobs out of her bed image.

I thought the problem was usually stopping Roobs from falling out of bed? image

• That really made me giggle Slugsta.  Was on the phone to OH when I read it, made him giggle too image

• oi nuff of that!!!!!!!

hello everyone says I from my desk with the great view image The Belfast is quite busy today image And an orange speedboat has just sped past image

Lyndy - not heard back from VICTA still!!!!!!! Beginning to think that they don't have a place for me after all.

Must get on with some work - its the end of my lunch break!

• Bridget, yes, it is a sweat test.

Hope you all have a great day on Sunday - wish I was going to be there, but other commitments this w/e as it's younger daughter's birthday. I'll look forward to seeing people at the New Forest 10, and our sub 5 picnic afterwards.

• Roobs - Try going on this thread and see if you can get a reply VICTA FLM forum
  • what date is new forest 10?

told OH i wouldn't register for any other races until after christmas image

• Its the 12th July bootsie.

Haven't booked up anywhere to stay for the NF10 yet, any recommendations?  Know its yonkos away!!!

• (((( Diana and Diana D))))

Cold, grey and drizzly today.  Did a steady 3 miles.  The Hilton Cinders - there's posh.  Haven't done anything about accommodation for FLM - hoped to share transport up there on the day and then meet up with LTJ and son at the end.