Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Hello everyone, I'm gatecrashing the thread again image

MadWelshWoman, replied to your email (to your home email) and it failed, I will try again tomorrow. 

• thank you all - you are lovely peopleimage i will have to wait til NF 10 and picnic to meet you all in flesh! have arranged summer holiday around the NF so will def be there!

(((diana d))) horrid waiting in limbo for these things - better once you know even if it's bad news but fingers crossed that all is well

LTS we're hopefully going to fishbourne - OH works in pompey and now i'm back at uni i'm in chi rather than southampton so move makes sense - at least come the summer when we should be there it will!!

• Hello and welcome again Seren2

Lol at posh.  Was for a reason I booked there, it was a surprise for Mr C.  We'd stayed there 2 years ago when our ivf failed so this time we're going back with something to show image

• Aw Cinders! How lovely image

Diana B - hope your back trouble clears up soon ((((()))))

• how sad is this ...got my running vest for FLM.....an XXL    and its still too small!!!!

• Don't worry, Dave - they mean XXL whippet!
  • me  whippet???   dont think ive ever been called a whippet before!!!  Nice thought though...lol

• Lyndy - if you look at this site http://www.sussexbeacon.org.uk/halfmarathon/ and watch the video, you get a glimpse of our rears!!!! We were even running at the time!

• Hey roobs

Where were you then??  What time into the clip are you on?

• We're at 2 mins 31 seconds - Lyndy is in blue and I'm all in black.

Blink and you'll miss us!

• Dave, running vest sizes are always a bit off so don't you give it a second thought.

(((((Diana and Diana B))))) Thinking of you both. DianaB, make sure you take it easy. As was said (slugsta I think) any one of the things you've got going on at the moment would be enough to contend with.

Still trying to decide on the childminders - both we've met so far seem lovely. Argh!

Still no running from me...oops.

Is TS still this side of the pond? Wasn't sure if she had gone back to Houston...anybody know?

• I'll text her tomorrow and see if she answers!

Is she coming to support at Sussex Beacon if she can't get a place?

• Morning,

~~~DianaD~~~, anxious times.

Have a good one.

• Morning all

Roobs - just watched the clip - looks like a good race!

(((DianaD ad family))) - thinking of you.

Dave - I had to send my running vest back to the charity and ask for a larger one last year - the sizes are all over the place! 

Morning Slugsta!

I'm working today..hope to catch up later!

• Hard decision, Delia, but I suppose it's good to have two that you feel happy about.

Thanks for all your thoughts - this is such a nice supportive group. I'll keep you posted on the results, when we finally get them.

The sun is actually shining here!

• Got some sun here too.

Best start packing, better put some trainers in too image

• morning all! think i'm being very lazy but have only run on tuesday of this week.. dance on wednesday but nothing else so far! eek! don't want to tire out the legs before sunday though!

Struggling on hitting my £200 on sponsorship so if anyone else out there fancies sponsoring me please do so!!! 

sponsorship

• Morning!

(((((DianaD))))))

Bit grey and overcast here image

• Gulp, just watched that clip.  Its a bit real now! 
  • its good though!

you'll love it Cinders

• and think of fish and chips at the end lololol
  • Morning everyone

Had a look at the video Roobs. We're in it twice. Out lower legs and feet at 2:05 and our rears at 2:31.  I don't remember being asked if they could feature us, and where's our fees??????? image

Not been sleeping too well this week. Think that's why I've not had the motivation to do any running.  Last night I took a Nytol at 9.30, was in bed by 10.30 and didn't wake up until 9.30 this morning.  Feel much better for it.  Will probably do the same tonight, and hopefully will be full of the joys of spring on Sunday. Daren't take a Nytol on Saturday night, but if I do have a bad night again it won't worry me because I'll have had 2 really good nights.

I'd hate to have to make the decision on where to send my baby Delia.  I remember when Kirsty was looking for somewhere for Ellie.  I just said for her to go with her gut instinct.  Told her she would know which one felt "right".  Can you sit in a couple of times on each to see how they interact with the other children.  Even better have Jack with you and see who he gets on best with.

Don't forget your race pack Cinders with your number, etc.  AND everyone doing Sussex on Sunday, the luggage label doesn't have any string on it so make sure you have soemthing to attach it to your back with.

Dave, I've received my vest too. A ladies large and it's too small for me.  Have asked for an XL.  Hope they've got some.  At least they've got ladies' vests.  The other charities I've run for have always sent mens' vests and I've had to adjust the shoulders to make them fit properly.

Hope you're soon feeling on the mend Diana B, sorry you can't make it on Sunday.  Roobs, I texted TS yesterday and she replied that she thinks her OH has made other plans for Sunday now.

• has anyone used sport beanS? my other half came home with some last night for me to try.,. i have run with jelly babies so going to try these on sunday and see what they are like? can't decide what miles i want to take my gels at!
  • Hi all

Sorry to interrupt  - just wanted to drop in and remind you that Nick Morgan (Lead Sport Scientist at Lucozade Sport) will be online between 1 and 2pm today to answer any questions you might have about fuel and hydration.

We've opened the debate a little early so post your questions to Nick now so he can get stuck in straight away at 1pm!

Thanks

Catherine

• Wish I had a proper question to ask for this...does Gin help to fuel and hydrate you during a run suggests I might not be quite the most serious runner!! image
  • well i got an answer about my gels anyway! going to take 1 at 50 mins and 1 at 100 mins i think.. so 5 miles and 10 miles hopefully.. then maybe some sport beans to fill in the gaps!
  • I can answer that for you Delia, of course it does.  Any time you need a boost, gin is the best thing in the world and I think Hippo will back me up on that one image
  • Well, I've just been down to Asda in the Marina and it's absolutely gorgeous out there.  The car tells me its 11 degrees, it's a bit hazy but sooooooo warmimage  Hope it's like that on Sunday.  Forecast is for mist and fog on Sunday morning, hope not as it tends to hand around all dayimage
  • TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone image

Sorry I've not been around and you have been 'looking' for me! I'm afraid I can;t do Brighton now, after it seemed like no places were available, Mr TS has got our weekend planned, so it now encompasses a 60 mile bike ride one day and a social lunch the other day! The weather looks great for it for Sunday, a little wind but quite mild. Remember the wind will be in your faces on the way back so save a little energy image

I have been up in Yorkshire for a few days so have been away from my laptop, hence the silence.

Diana's, sorry to hear your problems, hope you both have good news soon.

Delia, must try to get to see you before you head back to work, can you pm me your address, I was up past your way the other day and would have been able to pop in image

• The good news is that the wind will be behind us from miles 6 - 12, head wind from 3 - 6, then head wind again for the last mile.  The prevailing wind in Brighton is a westerly but last year was an easterly so it works out well for us this year.  The first three miles head inland then back again towards the seafront and is in a built up area so you don't feel the wind either say. image