Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Thank you Roobarb, fingers crossed.  Hoping to find someone to run with at the start as I am sure there must be a few other slow runbera doing it and it would be nice to have company for 5 hours!!

Why are new shoes needed?

xxx

• I've done 409 miles in them. Will use them for Beachy and then they are redundant.

• RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭

I'm tracking the mileage on mine too Tracey.......... if I don't, I get terrible knee pains and also Achilles problems if they get too old

• Oh no, nice mileage but maybe bad timing!!

i have a new pair a few weeks back so they will hopefully be nicely worn in!

only a couple of weeks to go.  Great short but steady club run tonight.  Good to know that after a mile warm up my legs felt stronger.

Xx

• Hello all

Not having a great weekimage I did the Cardiff half marathon on Sunday and went over on my ankle at 2 miles, very incoinsiderate runner in frony of me just dropped their water bottle! I have been on crutches ever since, but feeling a bit better now. However, this becomes totally insignificant in the light of the news that a lovely local runner, who I have done some long runs with in the past, died during the Lyon Marathon last weekend.  He was only 56 and an all round lovely human being, so sad.

• For some reason I have missed this thread! and as it sums me up quite well at the moment, I thought i'd pop in and say hello image

Doing Beachy in 2 weeks, really looking forward to it too image

Sub 5 hour will keep me happy, then training over winter after wards. At 55 tho, I really dont expect (and am also not that bothered) to make serious improvements to the time, as I like things the way they are!

Paul

• CheeseyRider - welcome to our thread ????Are you amining for sub 5 at Beachy???? See you at the start with Roobarb. Will be with our Dagenham 88 club mates ????

• MWW - sad news about your friend image What damage have you done to your ankle?

Have ordered a new pair of running shoes image

• MWW so sorry to hear that, that is awful.  Also sorry to hear about your ankle.  Lots of hugs xxx

• TG: yes, sub 5 I will be happy with, anything else is a bonus image but to be honest, I will be happy just to finish.

I'll keep an eye out for you at the start.

• Hellooooo - long time since I've been on hereimage  BUT, I am pleased to announce that I've just run THREE miles. Thought it was about time I cashed in on all the dog walking I've been doing lately and dust off the cobwebs from my trainers and get my @r$e out there and run.  It's been ages since I last ran and I had only intended to do two miles, but felt good at the turnaround point so decided to carry on.  Had to stop a couple of times because the top of my quadricep was a bit tight to had to give it a stretch, but yes, done it and feeling good image

• Lyndy - well done. Sir Benson & Lord Bones have worked their magicimage

• Oooo, Mr Bones has been promoted Traceyimage

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Well done Lyndy image

• Legs feeling surprisingly good this morning.  Was beginning to think that I might have over-done it last night as they started to stiffen up, but they're ok this morning image

• Well not sub 5 hours but 5:11 at Abingdon and Roobarb they did let me finish.  Thrilled with my medal, but next time I want sub 5!!

Yes I know I said it..next time!  It's addictive ????

• RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭

MWW - sorry to hear about you falling image How are you now? Still on crutches? And sorry to hear of your friend image xxx

Well done AT - you'll crack it next time, I'm sure image

Cheesy Rider - hopefully see you at the start on Saturday. I'll be wearing a GRACE vest which is mauve with white writing image

I withdrew from Yorkshire yesterday as I picked up the bug that is doing the rounds in the office image I've had a nice quiet weekend all to myself as I packed Brad off up to Leeds to stay with his brother as planned anyway image So nice having the place to myself - no stress image

Well done on the run Lyndy image

• Will keep an eye out image

I'll have my white Centurion top, a black Lanzarote cap and a red/grey bottle vest on image

Thats assuming its not 3deg, peeing down and windy image

• CheesyRider - 4 sleeps to go.

• Getting there image

Managed to get out for another slow three miles on Tuesday.  Very strong head wind on the out run so was knackered by the time I turned round but the back wind was a welcome help.

Just been out today and done another three and knocked 2 minutes 10 seconds off Tuesday's time and I only intended to do a very slow plod.  Next run will be four miles image

• Hello all

Lyndy - lovely to hear you are getting back out there and doing so well image

I haven't run for a few weeks after hurting my ankle during the Cardiff HM but did a short run on Thursday and I am going to try another short run today. Sort of looking forward to building up to marathon training now, just hope my old body is up to it again!

• Lynda - well done hun x

Ran 3 miles on Thursday and 4 miles today. Today was more enjoyable run????

• Mawning all image

Thanks Tracey, Ciders and MWW.  Getting there slowly.

Managed a four mile plod on Monday, broken up with a few stretches and an enforced loo break. Actual running time - 46 min 48 seconds so not too bad image

• Well done Lyndy ???? Keep up the good work ????

• All the good work's going to pot now Tracey.

Had planned on doing a three mile run yesterday but a delivery that was supposed to come didn't arrive.  Phoned Parcel Force and was told that the driver had run out of time and I'd definitely have it today by midday.  Still haven't received it.

Now on top of that I've got the grandkids staying until Saturday afternoon (DiL from Hell's image kids) because, once again, she's left everything til the last minute and there's no one to have her kids while she goes away for a couple of nights (yet again!!!!)  Don't know how someone who's not supposed to have any money can keep going away and leaving her kids every five minutes!!!!

Anyway, now have three kids and Mr Bones until Saturday and still waiting for a delivery that keeps not arriving.  

Hopefully the delivery will come tomorrow as promised, then I can get out for a run after its come.

And b-r-e-a-t-h-e - rant over!

• Just take his Lordship for a run/walk on the football pitch with the kids Lynda

• Mawning

Already done a two mile walk at 6:45 this morning Tracey.  Next walk around 1pm which will be a long one hopefully, then a short one this evening.  Only problem is Mr Bones is not up to running and if we do break into a jog and he stops for a sniff it nearly pulls my arm out of its socket image

All this and DiL from Hell stayed in bed asleep all day yesterday (her birthday) and has only just surfaced!!!!! Her hubby wasn't too impressed last night as he'd booked two nights away and has now wasted his money.  Still that's the selfish b***ch for you.

• Oh well.  Brighton 10K is a DNS for me.  Got a nasty cold, feeling sweaty and got jelly legs image

• Lyndy - Roobs said Mr L is ill too ????