Anyone see the TV programme about Mediums last night?

13»

Comments

• Could be nasty if the greyhounds nip at your bits.
  • shortey

re the jack russell. 'they remembered afterwards that their son had always wanted one'. they were so desperate for proof, for it to be right, that they would remember anything. which kid didn't want a dog? i bet my parents would remember me wanting a jack russell if they were in the same state of near hysteria that those parents were in.

its easy to get somebody's sister's name. either plant somebody, or point at a small section of the audience and insist that one of them is Xavier's sister. eventually somebody will give in to the tension. then its like 'a lie that grows bigger'. once they've implicated themselves, they'll agree to anything.

i know somebody who 'became' a stage medium so he could make a TV programme debunking them. he didn't use plants, just the 'embarrassment' technique. this stuff works.
  • and it was harmful for them that these charlatans were stringing them along, when they were clearly near hysterical and they had obvious learning difficulties.

they wanted reassurance that their son was 'still there'. so why not go to one or two media? apparently they were visiting dozens over months and years.

how healthy is that? how does it help them come to terms with their grief and get over the mourning period. 'time is a healer' - but not when you are creating a state of mind where you are permanently at the funeral.
  • Right - I want a go at seeing Dangerous Dave's future:

In the next few weeks I see you gathering by friends near a large stretch of water. I see something breaking.
  • wow - he has powers all right!
  • I'm not convinced either way - risking ridicule from Candy I have had a couple of experiences where people died and I had quite strong premonitions (only they weren;t premonitions because they happened around the same time they died - but I don't know what the word for that is) it had happened.
  • err, popsider poo pants

will that do?
  • Erm Popsider - have you ever 'seen' me emerging alive and well from a Swiss Lake ???

just wondered......

• Oh yeah...

just got back from work -

It will be Walthamstow cos my uncle trains there!