Sub 3:15

Comments

• hilly - Start 2005 with a quick one, 1st Chance 10K on 2 January, see events thread for entry form.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Glad the knee is feeling better, blisters. I'm sure it's down to shoes and not pills yet as they take about 4 weeks to have an affect.

That's tempting 90 mins, but I'll see how I finish the year. If very tired then I won't race through Jan, but we'll see!:o)
  • Where is the 1st chance 10k held?
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Exeter, I think yl.
  • Hilly/Blisters/anyone

Can someone tell me more about this Glocosamine/Chondroitin.I bought mine from Boots but it was 19 pound for a months supply.Ive seen it on Zipvit website for quite abit cheeper but people tell me it might not be so good and less powerful.Theres a Glocosamine sulphate as well.Whats the difference?

Hilly-Cant believe your doing those 2 one after the other.Are you mad.
  • Dunno really LLL
    I'm trying the G/C for the first time. Mine are 500mg/400mg and you're supposed to take them 3x/day (sdo that). There was an alternate on the shelf which was 1500mg, once a day.
    I went for the low dose option, because (as with all supplements) the body is likely to get a reasonable amount from a balanced diet. Any excess will merely be excreted.

The benefits are likely to be
    a) marginal
    b) masked by other changes in the routines
    c) mostly to the profit margins of the suppliers

It's not a control based experiment, so any conclusion will be inconclusive. Perhaps it's a belief thing.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    LLL-there's a bit of information on the following site

info

I'm not sure about the quality of cheaper v expensive. I tend to get mine from Holland and Barratt and stock up when there are sales on!

I think I'm mad doing both races. At the moment I'm not feeling like racing any, so will see how the next few weeks pan out.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    When I first started taking them as advised by my doctor I took the full dose of 3 a day. After taking them a month I was told taking just 1 a day would be fine, which I now do. Although when I get signs of pain in my back I up the dose to 3 again for a week or so and this works well for me.
  • Thx Hilly/Blisters.

Well its worth i try i say.(Great link by the way).

Just did my final run until sunday and now im gonna have a couple days rest ahead of the pb attempt.Im so eager for this one,i have a good feeling about it too(but the last time i felt like this was when a funny looking guy in a headband breezed past me at flm)lol.
  • YL
    It's in Exeter, river/canal area, vert flat.
    Will put further details on our web site soon swrr
  • Well, it is green & flat, but I meant very flat!
  • Hi, don't know whether I should throw my hat in. I sent off the application form, let's see what happens.

Currently in NW Spain, my PB's a pitiful 3h38 or there abouts, but everything points to better times if I train. 1/2 mara PB of 1h31 on a hilly course and 10k of 41' on an equally hilly route, so I reckon 3.15 is possible.

If I don't make it through the ballot, I'll be doing Madrid at the end of April.

Between now and April I have pencilled in:

Galicia half marathon in Ferrol 2nd weekend in December.

Viana do Castelo (Portugal)half 1st Sunday in January

Ordenes 9.5km 1st week in March

Vigo-Bayona half in 3rd week of March.

I'm sure there will be a few shorter 'carreras populares' aswell.

• HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Hi Riazor Blue, you're right that your shorter distance times point to a sub 3:15. I have slower times than you over those distances and I got sub 3:15 at my last marathon, so go for it and train!:o)

Nice series of races you're doing too!

Rest well, LLL and race even better!:o)

Blisters too as I believe you're doing Stroud half too?!
  • Hey all,

I'd like to join this thread too (if permitted) :-)

Training has taken back stage over past couple of months (due to amount of work and job move), but am getting back to fitness now.

Looking to increase mileage and compete in XC over the winter.

Hi SB, congrats on all those PB's. I haven't seen you for ages ! (Ranelagh in May !)

• Anyone within reach of Stevenage? I've just entered a Tuesday evening series of 3 5Ks 16/11, 30/11, 16/12 here and am committed to breaking 20:00. I've only done one 5k before in 21:00 but know I should do better than that, especially after running a 41:45 10k at the weekend.
  • Hi Paul! Thanks and it's great to see one of my club mates on board! We missed you at the CP10. Hope to see you more often over the coming months - also planning on competing in the XC league.

FB, I ran one of the Stevenage 5k's last year - may consider racing at least one of them. It's a pretty fast course. Looks like you're definitely on target for that sub 21.

• Cheers, but it's a sub 20 I'm after :)
  • Well, OK, I reckon that's very achievable too then! :-)
  • SB,

Would have competed at CP10, but am working away at the moment, hence my absence at the club !

XC is good as it falls on a weekend so I can be available :-)

See you soon.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    I'm sure you'll get sub 20 now Foo Bar! I'm going to do just one 5k in Dec to have a go at sub 20 too. Although, it will very much depend on the weather as the course is an out and back one on the Bournemouth esplande. Can be fast,but any wind and no chance! Otherwise I'll have to wait until next summer.
  • Really hope so hilly, it's been a goal for a while and I went backwards. I seem to remember that your 5k was just a couple of seconds over wasn't it? Though I'm sure you'll easily beat it without it being part of your marathon training.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Yes, Foo Bar it was 4 secs over-how frustrating! However, as you say I was heavy into training and it was not ideal conditions, but no excuses I ran as hard as I could!:o)
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    I'm off to do Weymouth 10 in about 3 hrs. Weather is lovely-wet/windy. This one's for the points rather than time, so will try not to bust a gut!

Races at midday always make it difficult to do anything constructive in the morning. I wanted to go to town, but thought best not-waste of energy:o) So sat around in my dressing gown wasting time and watching the rain lash the back window!

• Hilly-Go get that sub 70.Im 100 per cent sure you will.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Thanks LLL, but no chance of that today. The wind was wicked and pace was all over the pace. The last 2 miles were head on into about 30mph wind and not fun. So altough I didn't get a pb, nor did anyone else and speaking with others after they all ran about 3 mins slower than normal! I was 3rd lady though, winning £15 and first team prize of red wine. So worth battling the wind for!:o)
  • Hilly-Well done and still a very good time.I went out today and thought to myself "i wouldnt like to be racing in this". Yet another prize for you too.

Enjoy your wine.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Thanks LLL, it was rather difficult conditions!

Well done Yorkshire Lass too, when she pops on here, for another great race on her comeback! 5th lady and part of the winning team:o)
  • Congrats on Cardiff Hilly and yesterdays prize so soon after.

I've got a place at London from last years diferral and am still unsure whether to use it. I'll just have to see how it goes on the injury front. If I do enter I'll looking at something between 3 and 3.15.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Hi PM, not seen you about for a while or we're just posting on different threads!:o)

How are you-injure, fit, getting back to fitness?

Thanks for the congratulations!
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Read injured for injure:o)