Options

Lets talk Football

Comments

• Options
    Yeah it was a good result for your boys RC, you're only a point ahead of us though, watch out!!

We have Wolves tomorrow and Millwall on Friday as the game will be shown on sky sports which is good as I don't fancy a trip to the New Den!!
  • Options
    I watched the Blackburn v Liverpool game on Saturday and the injury was indded stuff (there was only onereplay of it if I am not mistaken - that's how bad it was). Let's hope the lad doesn't suffer too much, although he'll be down in the doldrums in the next few months I'm sure.

Anyway here my (controverasial) point: I really don't think we'll miss him. For me, he just hasn't produced since he joined. And that could be down to a lot of factors: doesn't fit in with the system (Veron at United anyone?), doesn't complement the players around him, he's not that good (really didn't know him before), ...

I do like the look of the Baros and Garcia pairing. Baros is a bit wasteful at the moment but I am sure he'll come good. I also think Pongolle should be given more opportunities. He seemed to impress me every time he played last year.

As for United, don't see the point of beating Arsenal one week and then go and lose to Portsmouth the next. Something's not quite right with that lot this year. Well, in the last couple of years really. Can't really blame it on lack of players either.
  • Options
    controverasial: newest addition to the OED.
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Pongolle got injured against Millwall. I don't see Baros as a target man with Garcia playing off him. Might work away from home occasionally.

Although I don't rate Cisse much either.
  • Options
    Baros is not a target man (neither was/is Owen), but he is always busy making runs and make himself available. I am not sure why you say you don't see him working well with Garcia. In fact the pair is a bit in the mould of Lineker/Beardsley, don't you think?

Oh forgot to add: can someone pour a bucket of cold water over Kewell - the man seems way off pace at the minute.
  • Options
    Currently trying to figure out where I'm going to watch the Millwall game. As I live in Millwall it might be a bad idea for me to watch it in a local pub!

• Options
    You could always get Heskey back.

Sorry.
  • Options
    No thanks! We're not THAT desperate. It took us bloody years to off-load him - we're not going to go through that again!!
  • Options
    Heskey.. thanks but... NO :-)

I think we'll re-call Le Tallec, and give Flo-Po a chance to show what he's made of. However, I think at the end of the day we'll use either Garcia and Kewell to back up Baros. Lose him and our season's pretty much done.
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Wayfarer, Baros looked good playing off someone in the summer. Garcia probably will be at his best doing the same. It's probably a decent 2 for counter-attacking but I hardly think that gets them on their feet at our old ground.
  • Options
    ( looks for Snoop)
  • Options
    shall we make it a pony? - £10 isn't really worth it.
  • Options
    I don't deal in horses matey!!!
  • Options
    Hi Guys it's the big one for Pool 2nite. It's going to be difficult especially with our away form and no Ciise. Hopefully we'll have more fortune on our side than when we met at home. I expect to see Garcia playing just behind Baros with Finnan on the right but Benny might just surprise everyone and go with Kewell up front. He needs to produce, now!!! I think it will be 1-1.

Arsenal still seem to be having trouble with Europe. If they don't watch it they may fall at the first hurdle. It's going to be tight.

So Rio is the best English defender ever???
    Hhhmm, a certain Bobby Moore wasn't bad;0)
  • Options
    you can never compare players from different generations.bobby moore was an exceptional player but you have to remember he was only 5.11 whereas today's defenders are huge.in modern football athleticism,physical build,fitness etc are now more important than being skillful.it used to be that you had the skill first and worked on your fitness.how else can you explain that most modern footballers can't use both feet.in the past player worked hard at improving their control with both feet.
  • Options
    Well a great night and result for Pool. what a performance especially by two players who I have to admit I have slated quite a bit in the past MOM Traore & Biscan.
    We needed that especially as the Greeks won with a late goal. All still to play for.

Ruudy boy scored four. His record in Europe is amasing nearly a goal a game. At this rate his beat Puscas's ? record.
  • Options
    Hi Travis I agree about the comparison in different generations and lack of skill these days. I remember homing my skills using a tennis ball against the side of a wall for hours on end. Left foot then right foot.Using a proper football was a peice of cake afterwards.I used to play left wing.
    Did you play and what position?
  • Options
    like you stylish i used to spend ages practicing with both feet volleying it first time. as a result i loved playing left wing even though i was right footed
  • Options
    Well Mutu has been banned for 7 months well it's the attitude of Chelsea that sucks. They are threathening to hold onto his registration and sue Mutu for loss of transfer value.Yes mutu did wrong and he's got his ban but Chelsea instigated the drug testing on his as they had an "agenda" with him. They chose to sack him. Why did they not warn him, tell him what would happen and what they would do. Why did they not try and help him with him problems. He says he took them because of a breakdown in his relationship well that can happen to anyone.
    I think it's just Chelsea trying to show everyone how big and tough they are. They obviously didn't learn anything from the Bosnich saga. Anyone with any views.
  • Options
    did you realise Ferdinand got a longer ban for missing his test than Mutu has..

wonder if Utd would have sacked him in the same circumstances

and Mutu's not the only ones - just the only one to get caught
  • Options
    I don't think we would have been so keen to wash our dirty linen in public if it had been Frank or John T that can been caught on the white line.

Also think that we, our the management expected Mutu to get a 2 year ban hence the issue over a transfer fee. The last thing they want is for another premiership team to sign him and for him to play a blinder and score a hat trick against us next season!
  • Options
    HigsHigs ✭✭✭
    Know something we don't about Frankie & Johnnie?

Apparently the (somewhat strange) logic about the length of the ban (vs Rio's) is that if you get 2 years for being caught or 9 months for skipping a test, the guilty will all dodge the test.
  • Options
    HigsHigs ✭✭✭
    personal reasons in his private life - nothing to do with losing his last three Prem games then???
  • Options
    Blimmin eck, will we ever get things settled at the Lane?
  • Options
    GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    It's a shame to laugh at Spurs but force of habit means that I have to.

David Pleat is clearing his diary as I write.
  • Options
    at least they now have abetter coach in charge.jol was voted top caoch in holland twice..now if they only give him time.
  • Options
    Was at West Ham on Saturday for our 3rd successive away 2-1 defeat. Last time I was at West Ham it was one of those claustrohobic, noisy places a bit like Loftus Road. They've gone all Premiership now with massive stands and no atmosphere. Bit of a shame really.

Where's Stylish? I need to know how Liverpool got on on Saturday....
  • Options
    hey all u prem fans think yourself lucky put yourself in the shoes of sum of us unfotunately placed nationwide league sides