Comments

• Options

2-1 Gemany for me

Cheers Andy.

• Options

Okay got it wrong, but I said a 2-1 scoreline thoughimage

Italy fully deserved to win.

• Options

Well done Italy! Super stuff from super Mario. He is such an idiot but I love him. I said 2-0 to Germany but Italy deserved it. They have my backing against spain. Mainly because of their food image

• Options

Spainto win by a goal tonight. 2-1

• Options

Hmm guna go 0-0 but Italy to score in extra time image

• Options
    How about a "what minute Lawro cracks a rubbish gag" sweapstake? Any takers? I'm going for the 6th minute.
  • Options

Paxton: I'd have said 3mins.

Great first half by Spain last night.

• Options
    25th minute - "Risque from Pique."

As much as I admire and appreciate this special Spanish side, I really hope that striker-less teams is not the future.
  • Options

Anyway back to the Premiership....

Spurs - AVB?? imageimageimageimage

• Options

Not good I think. I'm Chelsea fan and he managed to run us into the ground. Problem is at Premiership level you need the respect of the players. If you do not have that you have no chance. I just don't think he will have the respect after the Chelsea farce.

On different note, prayers and thoughts with Danny Sturridge. I hope he will be OK

• Options

Respect and Chelsea players is not something that can often be said in the same sentence though. He was hired to do a long-term job that involved building a new Chelsea side for the future and then was not allowed to do that very job. His mistake was going about it a bit too rashly (cutting off Anelka/Alex, exposing Terry to the high-line, dropping Lampard) and ultimately player power and egos won. In the short-term it was of course correct as they won the Champs League although the final league position was lower than when AVB left. Long-term, that job still needs to be done at Chelsea.

At Spurs (I'm a Spurs fan) it is a younger squad so it is not an over-haul job like at Chelsea and they should hopefully be more open to a different approach. He comes in as a manager with a pedigree of tactical ideas following a manager whose way was the exact opposite. Hopefully he has learnt from his Chelsea experience too. An interesting appointment and one I'm open-minded about.

• Options

Rangers voted to lower Division of Scottish football yesterday. No Surprise.

• Options

'Interesting' Spurs coach appointment...

• Options

Annan Athletic away then BM?

I saw a very candid interview on TV with Ally McCoist.  Most of the Rangers fans would welcome a completely fresh start, with no further sanctions, for a crackat SFL Div 3.

• Options

Paxton Lee - where have you been for the last 8 years or so? We've needed a Spudz fan on here for ages! Use to be a gooner that use to post regularly on here, what fun could have been had! 

Interesting times for all London clubs really, I see we now have the usual Arse Summer Saga of will their best player go now or next season? Will AVB have learnt any lessons from his time at the bridge? How will Roberto cope with the shadow of Pepe hanging over him? And oh, will QPR & West Ham avoid the drop?

• Options

Who are your team, Dutch Johnny?

Yeah, the Arse summer saga usually gathers pace around the same time Murray gets knocked out of Wimbledon. Shouldn't really be saying that today! To be fair, at least RVP has been honest and open and given notice (take note, Campbell. yes, still bitter). I bet they still finish above us! Sadly, it looks like there will be annual Mordic saga too. If Real Mardid seriously want him then do business, that way there is no anamosity.

QPR, I think it relies on their transfer policy. They can't keep going down the route of the has-beens like SWP and Barton. They should start looking at hungry young players like Junior Hoillett. West Ham, god knows! Fat Sam will do enough to keep them fairly safe, it won't be pretty and will that be enough for the fans?

I heard Di Matteo perfectly described as the teddy-bear tied to the front of the Chelsea juggernaut. They couldn't not give him the job but, as you say, as long as Guardiola is free then his situation will always be on edge.

Rodgers at Liverpool is an interesting one. Have a lot of time for Rodgers.

• Options

Why the champions of Europe of course!

I know what you mean about Rodgers, he use to be reserve coach at the bridge and is still highly rated, would have liked him to have come back home if Roberto had not done what he done.

So what's with Harry leaving? Looks like you shot yourself in the foot there.

• Options

I think Harry leaving was very much on the cards. With a year left on his contract there was no way Levy was going to back him this summer when he would potentially be leaving in a year's time. I think his flirtation with England and the slump that followed, after the club stood by him during the court case, was too damaging for the long-term relationship so a new deal wasn't going to be likely. Fair play to Harry, he was a solid manager for us for a good few years and there are a lot of fond memories of his time but he made the same mistakes repeatedly and there aren't too many tears shed. Think of it as similar to when Ranieri was let go at Chelsea. He done well but his obvious faults meant he wasn't the man to take it that step further. 

• Options

Only time (and results!) will tell if both our clubs have made the right choice.

I think Frank will leave at the end of next season so this should be his swan song!

• Options

Dutch: Hope Frank has a really good last season.

• Options

andyP: Yeah it could well be. Berwick Rangers could be a nice away day !

• Options

It'll be warm down south you know image

• Options

JT is Innocent!!!

'There's only one England Captain'

• Options

Dutch: Good news.

Scottish Divison 3 for Rangers next season. It will be Berwick awayimage

• Options

Remember your passport BMimage

• Options

andyp: Cheers.imageYeah asked MrsB if she fancies a couple of days out down to Berwick and Annan ?

• Options

Warm ? What , seriously !image

• Options

Unusual not to see this thread up and running now the season is going again. Have been off line for a while due to injury issues myself.

birkmyre: Have not seen much tele or news for a while, but could not resist a quick look at the league situation. I did not see Rangers in the SPL, what has happened?.

• Options

Excellent start to the season for the mighty toffees. l (like every other Evertonian) just really wish we would see some investment into the club to allow Moyes to compete at the higher end of the transfer market. Im convinced we're only a couple of 20m plus signings from being top 4 contenders. Christ, we did it with Marcus Bent in the team in 05 so im sure Moyes could achieve it with players with actual talent!!

• Options

SR: Rangers are in Div 3. They had to form a new company and weren't elected to either SPL or Division 1. We are in Div 3 and we got neraly 50,000 for our first home game 5-1 v East Stirlingshire last Saturday.  Mind you our two away games have been draws at Peterhead and Berwick Rangers respectively. Sky and espn are covering Div 3 this season !

Gareth: Good start by Toffees.