URGENT Car help needed!

I just had a call to say that whilst in for its service, the garage would like to replace my brake fluid and degrease my brake pads. I have noticed no difference in brakin performance whatsoever. AND they want to charge me around £130 for the pleasure. I have a Citroen C3, 2 years old, done just unde 20,000 miles. I don't know why they want to do this, as my last car didn't have it done in the 3 years I had it, and I don't know how to tell if they are ripping me off or if it genuinely needs done. I NEVER believe what garages tell me.

Comments

• brake fluid should be cahnged every 2 or 3 years, it is hydroscopic ( sp ?) it sucks up water, and loses it's efficency. I seem to remember Citroen do use a "strange" formula of brake fluid
  • Thanks Dave.

Anyone else know about this brake degreasing malarkey?
  • yeah, they spray some "stuff" on your pads and disc's....... not really needed, but dosn't hurt to do it. ( and compared to the cost of changing the fluid...)

g/f had a quote of £400 to change the disks and pads on the front of her motor a couple of weeks back.... cost me £135 and 45 minutes of my time last Saturday
  • Local Skoda garage did full 80000 mile on my Octavia, and new front disks and pads for £300. (Service without brake stuff - £200). It's the first consumable other than tyres, oil, wiper blades etc. Ditch that Citroen!
  • got my A3 going in for it's 3 year service in a couple of weeks.... think I might need a mortgage !

• Dave, where do you live? Do you want me to service it for you?
  • need an offical Audi stamp for the warranty

Chester Waaps ( I usually do my own servicing, face it I keep the rally car going, but it's the 12 month warranty)

• I can do an Audi stamp, I've got a great DTP package.

I've just looked Audis up on Google, shouldn't be too difficult to bodge.
  • If it works out less than £294 inc You've got the job Waaps !