Sussex Beacon Half-Marathon

14567810»

Comments

• Hi all

I've checked with the organisers and with AAA and although it has not been certified, apparently it is 'pretty accurate' - it has not been certified because due to the proportion of grass it needs to be reclassified as multiterrain and therefore not poss to certify within the rules.

However, lots of people report short distances on their GPSs.

Cheers
    Sara
  • Sussex Beacon Half was measured by a certified course measurer, and confirmed as a Half Marathon by South of England Athletic Association, permit number 5062, multi-terrain.
    GPS systems, as I understand it, have an error degree of 2%.
    thanks to everyone for making it a great day!
  • i had a great day despite almost missing the start due to traffic into brighton and trying to park. a good course nice sunny day and plenty of water and i saw every mile marker apart from 8. i got my text through about 2 hours after race which i thought was a nice touch. i knocked 20 mins off my pb so well chuffed even if it was a tad short, 1st 1/2 that i was really well prepared for and didn't have ridiculous hills, (dartford & eastbourne)will definitely be back next year with a couple of friends in tow.
  • Hey paul

I agree - good course, lovely day, the chip timing worked flawlessly and I will be in it next time for sure. Who cares if it was a few metres short or long? I measure my PBs to the nearest 10 seconds anyway!

This was only my second half-marathon (after the Great North Run last year) and I had a great time. Lovely people, nice route, good organisation, cool water... just wish the local radio station had actually broadcast some of the stuff they were doing at the start.
  • Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 19th February in Brighton, you can enter online at www.sussexbeacon.org.uk right up until 4pm on the 17th February. Good luck to you in your training and fitness.