Options

WaterAid - own place runners wanted

I was one of WaterAid's "Running Water" team last year and was very pleased with the support I received. All the people I dealt with seemed to take a personal interest in what I was doing and they didn't seem to waste money on unnecessary things.

Prior to the race they had their own web page for online giving, they supplied a tech fabric vest to run in and after the race they offered a hot shower and massage, plus food and tv coverage of the race just a few minutes' walk away from the finish (along with a guide to take you there!).

A great contrast to the charity I'd run for in 2003 (Oh, there isn't any tea left but I think you can get some from the bar upstairs if you want).

All the WaterAid Gold Bond places are now filled but they would like "own place" runners to run for them. If you do join them as an own place runner there is no minimum requirement for fund-raising - most of their projects are low-budget so a little goes a long way.

I'm in for 2005 so I'm looking forward to running with them again - other forumites welcome to join me!

Comments